Chik-Fil-A T-shirts: The New Hate Crime

Posted by V the K at 10:47 am - May 9, 2015.
Filed under: Free Speech,Gay Culture

Since so many leftists think that “Hate Speech” falls outside first amendment protection, it’s important to remember that under their rules, they get to define what “hate speech” is. In Maine, apparently, just wearing a Chik-Fil-A is considered anti-gay hate speech.

During the high school’s televised announcements that morning, two students on the broadcast wore Chick-fil-A T-shirts, Snyder said.

The students didn’t say anything about the Gay-Straight Alliance or the school’s LGBT community, but she believes they knew what they were doing.

The appearance started a flurry of tweets, with students calling out the two boys who wore the Chick-fil-A shirts.

The tweets continued over the weekend, and on Monday students who tweeted at the boys wearing the shirts were called to the high school principal’s office.

Students were told they were being punished for tweeting during school hours, and because some of their tweets contained obscenities, [one of the suspended students] said.

[One of the suspended students] responded to a tweet in support of the students in the Chick-fil-A shirt that said, “You’re expressing your feelings … Why can’t he?” Her response was, “Being an offensive [expletive] is not expressing your feelings.”

1. Pretty sure I’m going to have to get myself a couple Chik-fil-A t-shirts now….maybe for the first time in 20 years I’ll go to a “Gay Pride” parade and be sure to wear them. That should start some fireworks, no?

Comment by Bastiat Fan (@Bastiat_Admirer) — May 9, 2015 @ 11:36 am - May 9, 2015

2. Wow! What were these two students wearing on Cinco de Mayo? We need to get the surveillance tapes and build a case. Check black history month, the winter holidays period and Monday, October 13. Have they been known to wear patriotic stuff or engage in anything remotely resembling prayer? Do they express support for Israel? Have they expressed any statements orally or in writing that challenge the fundamental reshaping of America in order to bring it into line with the presumptions of social justice?

This is far bigger than ISIS.

Comment by Heliotrope — May 9, 2015 @ 11:56 am - May 9, 2015

3. @2: Helio, you may be right. I think it was Ezra Levant of Canada that said that we may come to realize that the Mohammed Cartoon Riots were more significant than the 9/11 attacks. While 9/11 resulted is many deaths (and the DHS), the riots revealed just how many westerners are happy to police speech and expression – and how many westerners are willing to submit.

Jonah Goldberg touches on this in his weekly “news”letter.

Comment by KCRob — May 9, 2015 @ 12:38 pm - May 9, 2015

4. But you see, wearing an American Flag t-shirt on Cinco de Mayo is hate speech too.

As is celebrating Columbus Day, and daring to mention that despite women supposedly earning 77 cents for every dollar a man earns they outspend men nearly 3 to 1.

Comment by Craig Smith — May 9, 2015 @ 1:30 pm - May 9, 2015

5. This is why “bullying” organizations are nothing but fascist lies.

They’re not to stop bullying. They are to increase bullying.

Comment by North Dallas Thirty — May 9, 2015 @ 3:07 pm - May 9, 2015

6. I just might open carry at Pride this year with a Palin t-shirt on (in Maine).

Comment by TnnsNe1 — May 9, 2015 @ 3:45 pm - May 9, 2015

7. NDT you’re right that essentially the anti bullying crowd from the left are really the bullies-they don’t see it because they see their bullying as okay under the new SJW ethos which is about as tolerant as the the most racist white supremacist.

Comment by just me — May 9, 2015 @ 3:55 pm - May 9, 2015

8. When are we going to learn that you do not discover truth by silencing what we believe to be falsehood?

Comment by Craig Smith — May 9, 2015 @ 4:08 pm - May 9, 2015

9. I’m feeling a run of Chick a Filet are in the offing here. Time to buy one.

Comment by bruce lorraine — May 9, 2015 @ 7:17 pm - May 9, 2015

10. But it’s OK to wear one of those damned Che Guevara T-shirts anywhere in public; Marxist butcher, torturer, murderer, bigot, war criminal and abysmally-failed revolutionary.

Comment by Ted B. (Charging Rhino) — May 9, 2015 @ 7:31 pm - May 9, 2015

11. anybody want to bet that this totalitarian behavior by gay high school students is the legacy of kevin Jennings?

Comment by tommy651 — May 9, 2015 @ 9:10 pm - May 9, 2015

12. “The LGBT Community is doing a great job training young people to behave like fascist brownshirts. ”

No different than their 2-3%er brethren of nearly eighty years ago.

Comment by rjligier — May 10, 2015 @ 4:54 pm - May 10, 2015

13. #10 Ted B. You have inspired me. I want to design a t shirt with Che Guevara eating a Chick a Filet sandwich and wear it to Gay Pride, just to watch peoples heads explode. Better yet, have Ernst Roehm as the counter server giving Che the sandwich.

Comment by John in Indy — May 11, 2015 @ 9:06 am - May 11, 2015

14. Most of the Left (and the Right) would not recognize Ernst Roehm if they stumbled-over his bloated corpse.

Comment by Ted B. (Charging Rhino) — May 11, 2015 @ 9:48 am - May 11, 2015

15. Chicken is not one of my favorite foods. In fact, all of those chains would go bankrupt if they had to depend on my patronage. I would wear a Chik-fil-A shirt to pride parade or even a gay bar to annoy the left. I’d dare anybody to challenge my gayness. I have been have been actively having gay sex with a couple of my playmates since I was thirteen. In fact they thought I was genius; we thought that I invented 69.

Comment by Roberto — May 11, 2015 @ 11:46 am - May 11, 2015

16. 6.I just might open carry at Pride this year with a Palin t-shirt on (in Maine).Comment by TnnsNe1″~ I might make one that says
    Good Riddance Charlie Hebo