Rick Santorum on Bruce Jenner

Posted by V the K at 1:14 pm - May 19, 2015.
Filed under: Gay Culture

If you’re a deranged, foaming at the mouth, hatred-besotted leftist like Dan Savage, Rick Santorum’s comments on Bruce Jenner will leave your monitor flecked with spittle.

“My responsibility as a human being is to love and accept everybody. Not to criticize people for who they are. I can criticize, and I do, for what people do, for their behavior. But as far as for who they are, you have to respect everybody, and these are obviously complex issues for businesses, for society, and I think we have to look at it in a way that is compassionate and respectful of everybody.”

Not exactly, “I wish all trannies would just drop dead.” Dan Savage said that about Republicans and received widespread public opprobrium. Just kidding, the George Stephanopoulos network gave him a TV show to spew his anti-Catholic bigotry.

1. George F**king Stuffing-envelopes rode the Friends of Bill coattails to a $105-MILLION-dollar contract in the MSM based on nothing. Emmanuel I-took-ballet-classes-with-Chelsea Clinton Rahm made MILLIONS peddling his Friends of Hillary influence as a stock-broker, then peddled influence for Obama for more MILLIONS to wind-up the two-term mayor of Chicago.

They make the corrupt 17th and 18th century Royal Favorites of the Bourbons, Hapsburg and Stuarts look like rank-amateur pikers by comparison.

Comment by Ted B. (Charging Rhino) — May 19, 2015 @ 1:48 pm - May 19, 2015

2. I was on Real Time with Bill Maher tonight. I was talking to someone at the party after the show, and they asked me how I thought it went. Okay, I said—and then I told them that I said something really, really stupid, half under my breath, and I was relieved that Bill and the rest of the panel didn’t hear it. But folks watching the show at home might have heard it… so… I want to apologize for… um… wishing all Republicans dead.

Comment by rusty — May 19, 2015 @ 2:14 pm - May 19, 2015

3. Rusty, he made his “killing Republicans” statement on a television show watched by many. His apology was made on a blog, seen by few. His “apology” is bovine feces.

Comment by juan — May 19, 2015 @ 2:41 pm - May 19, 2015

4. Dan Savage doesn’t hate Bruce Jenner because he is transgendered. He hates him because he is still a Republican.

Comment by Craig Smith — May 19, 2015 @ 6:10 pm - May 19, 2015

5. Wouldn’t it be great of We The People began asking politicians useful questions?

The Bruce Jenner story is interesting to a small group of people but I could not care any less than I do. What I want to know is what these would-be rulers would do about debt, trade, immigration, foreign entanglements, etc.

The national obsession with genitalia (original equipment or modified) and what people choose to do with them is an unhealthy obsession. We’ve more important things to discuss.

If some GOP candidate wants to use this thought, go ahead.

Comment by KCRob — May 19, 2015 @ 6:17 pm - May 19, 2015

6. It’s sad — no, absolutely ridiculous — that the ONLY ISSUE that you can get any unanimity-about from a group of Republican politicians is “Gay Marriage”.

There’s a toxic tripod in American public life today; the politicians of both parties, Wall Street, and the Mainstream Liberal Media. All three three benefiting from an incestuous-set of interlocking revolving doors.

And stupid, dangerous and insipid as Sen. Warren is, I’m tempted to vote for her just so-that Washington and Wall Street get the enema it deserves. Vive la Revolution !!

Comment by Ted B. (Charging Rhino) — May 19, 2015 @ 6:59 pm - May 19, 2015

7. Dan Savage has not changed his crude, nasty behavior at all since his fauxpology. If anything, he’s gotten worse. Therefore, a rational person (i.e. someone not Cut-and-paste) may fairly conclude the apology was insincere.

Comment by V the K (@VtheK) — May 19, 2015 @ 8:02 pm - May 19, 2015

8. It was a stupid, rude, thoughtless remark. I regret it and I retract it and I apologize to anyone watching at home—particularly my father (!)—who may have heard me say it. I had a drink before the show—first and last time I’ve ever done that—but this wasn’t a case of, “In vino, veritas.”
    This was a case of, “In vino, stupidtas.”

D Savage

Comment by rusty — May 19, 2015 @ 10:21 pm - May 19, 2015

9. Rusty, no matter how many times you repeat it, the Dan Savage faux apology is still bullshite.

Comment by juan — May 19, 2015 @ 11:57 pm - May 19, 2015

10. TedB, Warren is a democrat. She will do what she is told.

Comment by Annie — May 20, 2015 @ 2:02 am - May 20, 2015

11. Warren is a democrat. She will do what she is told.

Quite possibly, but I fear the GOP is not any better — demonstrated by their lock-step group-think opposing gay-marriage as the most important issue facing America.

I’ve stuck with the GOP through fair and foul since the days of Jerry Ford, but I’ve grown weary of the incessant, futile Kulturkamp of gender politics, reproductive “rights” and enforced social conservationism wrapped-up in the Bible and the Flag. There’s no low tariffs, low taxes, small business-friendly Party left.

Maybe it is time for a Strong Dose of the Salts….

Comment by Ted B. (Charging Rhino) — May 20, 2015 @ 11:07 am - May 20, 2015

12. TedB, only because the liberal media keeps bringing it up. They need to do the “ignore” thing…. You know like Mrs. Clinton does.

Comment by TnnsNe1 — May 20, 2015 @ 2:32 pm - May 20, 2015