Media Priorities

Posted by V the K at 8:16 am - June 4, 2015.
Filed under: Media Bias

It’s nice that the press has the pseudo-woman formerly known as Bruce Jenner to talk about; it gives them cover to ignore Hillary’s corruption scandals, and other things.

original

I realize that most of the Jenner-hype is intended as promo for the new Jenner-based reality series, Look at me, I’m a Tranny, or whatever it’s called. The entertainment media think it’s going to be a huge hit. (They think everything that advances their social agenda is going to be a huge hit.) I’m dubious. I am sure initially it will make a big splash in basic cable terms, but I think the novelty factor will wear off quickly.  People watch reality shows for the trainwreck aspect, but the Agenda says that Jenner can’t be a trainwreck, but must be portrayed… always… as a positive role model. That will get boring pretty quickly.

1. they hsve to be counting on him staying a Republican so they can spend time tearing him back down.

Comment by JP Kalishek — June 4, 2015 @ 9:59 am - June 4, 2015

2. I’m totally uninterested in the Jenner believes he’s a woman saga.

I will state that I don’t think it is psychologically wise to treat this with hormones and surgery. It’s not popular but I think transgender people should be treated for mental illness not celebrated.

I didn’t get my sins ears surgically made pointy when he believed he was an elf and at 16 he doesn’t believe he’s an elf.

Comment by just me — June 4, 2015 @ 10:34 am - June 4, 2015

3. Is “tranny” the approved form of Transvestite, Transsexual, or Transgender? I can’t keep up. Are all transvestites considered to be Pre-op transgenders?

Comment by Professor Hale — June 4, 2015 @ 2:52 pm - June 4, 2015

4. I think they can milk it for awhile. Bruce goes on a date, bruce has sex, bruce gets harassed. I think we are in store for many “special” episodes. I don’t care what bruce did with his genitals. Hope he is happy but I will be interested to see how they present it.

Comment by mothy67 — June 4, 2015 @ 4:50 pm - June 4, 2015

5. I’m old-enough to have been thrilled by the Bruce Jenner of the 1976 Olympics.

Each succeeding degrading self-exploitation of that memory — Can’t Stop the Music, CHiPS, The Love Boat, and then the whole Kardashian sh*t-fest — was yet-another betrayal of those memories.

I turn my back to Caitlyn Kardashian, Damnatio Memoriae Bruce Jenner.

Comment by Ted B. (Charging Rhino) — June 4, 2015 @ 5:33 pm - June 4, 2015

6. S/he will be news as long as the lefty-media can keep it in the new because Republican politicians will take the bait and make statements that the media will twist regardless of their content.

The dumb bastards can’t help themselves. The obvious answer to “journalists” that ask about Jenner is “Who cares? With ___ or ___ facing us, that’s the best you can come up with?”. No charge for the advice.

Comment by KCRob — June 4, 2015 @ 8:28 pm - June 4, 2015