The Federalist has really been on an anti-Trump tear lately.
- Donald Trump Couldn’t Graduate From ROTC – (“No soldier would follow Trump into battle, and no officer would give him loyalty.”) – August 24
- Donald Trump’s Clown Immigration Plan (‘Federalist’ editor calls for open borders, accuses Trump of Racist, Nativist Hypocrisy) – August 17
- Donald Trump Declares War on Mexico (“Donald Trump is the fulfillment of the left’s fondest caricatures the right.”) – August 18
- Donald Trump on Immigration: Same Anti-Immigration Ideas, New Salesman (CATO contributor calls for open borders, accuses Trump of Racist Nativism.)
- Donald Trump’s Immigration Plan: Make America A Police State (‘Federalist’ editor calls for open borders, accuses Trump of Racist, Nativist Hypocrisy) – August 16
- Why Donald Trump’s Immigration Plan Empowers Political Elites (CATO contributor calls for open borders, accuses Trump of Racist Nativism.)- August 18
National Review Online has been somewhat more balanced, but has had its moments.
- Trump the Teenage Bully – Aug 10
- Donald Trump Immigration Plan — Anathema to Liberty & Limited Government – (George Will) – August 22
- The Trump Virus and Its Symptoms – August 10
And the GOP Establishment be like: “Trump supporters are a bunch of idiots and crybabies, and you stupid jerks should come home and support whoever we nominate.”
Meanwhile, the GOP Establishment’s golden boy – backed by all the “smart money” to the tune of $114M and with the GOP’s Top Consultants on his side… sends out a mailer that appears to show the candidate’s head poorly photoshopped on the body of a black men.