The left has decided that the greatest monster of the human race is a clerk in the backwoods of Kentucky who doesn’t want to issue marriage licenses to gay couples, and that this particular
news story two minutes hate is far more important than Iran getting nukes because of Obama’s terrible deal. (Isn’t it interesting that we know everything about her background, but nothing about anything sleazy that might be in the background of the gay couples that were seeking marriage licenses? Curious that.)
FWIW, I agree with Carly Fiorina.
“First, I think that we must protect religious liberties with great passion and be willing to expend a lot of political capital to do so now because it’s clear religious liberty is under assault in many, many ways,” she said. “Having said that, when you are a government employee, I think you take on a different role. When you are a government employee as opposed to say, an employee of another kind of organization, then in essence, you are agreeing to act as an arm of the government.”
Fair enough. But I can’t help but notice that leftists don’t get that upset when other Government employees decide that their personal beliefs outweigh the law. For example:
- The Democrat mayors of ‘sanctuary cities’ that refuse to follow Federal immigration law.
- The Democrat bureaucrats that issue drivers licenses to illegal immigrants.
- The butchers at Planned Parenthood illegally harvesting and selling the organs of unborn babies.
- Bureaucrats in cities like Washington DC who refuse to issue concealed carry permits despite multiple court rulings.
- The states of Washington and Colorado that have decided to openly defy Federal Drug Laws, and progressive cheer.
- Hillary Clinton. Private Email server. Classified materials. Influence Peddling. Destruction of Evidence.
So, apparently the rule is, it’s okay to ignore the law when leftists do it.