OK, That’s One Perspective

Posted by V the K at 11:33 pm - November 14, 2015.
Filed under: Democrats & Double Standards

This was posted from the Twitter account of a Democrat candidate for state office in Minnesota.

ISIS_Not_Evil

Update:  Dan Kimmel deletes tweet, claims it was taken out of context, and quits his campaign.

My tweet last evening was in response to a statement made during the candidate debates, not in response to the activities in Paris. It was poorly worded and did not convey my intent.

I do think the attacks in Paris yesterday, along with other ISIS terrorist actions, are cowardly and despicable. My heart breaks for the people of France, of Paris, the families of those wounded or killed and the casualties themselves. My thoughts are with them. I condemn the attacks, as I condemn all violence.

I am folding up my campaign tent. The campaign website and Facebook page will be down by this afternoon.

I apologize to the volunteers and contributors who have put so much time, effort and money into my campaign.

I am very sorry for “spreading ick” on other candidates and the DFL party. I will do everything I can to help resolve the issue: most likely the best thing for me to do is shut up. The tweet was stupid. I’m sorry.

1. A-hole O’Malley said that taking in these refugees would be like adding 6 people to a sports stadium. I guess he missed the news from Paris.

Bernie thinks climate change caused the Paris attacks.

Best soundbite from the debate- HRC: the world is just too complex

Hitler couldn’t defeat Europe.
    Stalin couldn’t defeat Europe.
    Today, political correctness is doing the job for the 3rd world moslems.

Comment by Steve — November 15, 2015 @ 12:08 am - November 15, 2015

2. That’s some crazy Sith logic.

Comment by Acacia — November 15, 2015 @ 12:10 am - November 15, 2015

3. So, to pick just one example, selling Yazidi women into slavery isn’t necessarily evil, it’s just doing what they think is best for their community? The moral relativism of the American liberal is staggering.

Comment by Conservative Guy — November 15, 2015 @ 1:53 am - November 15, 2015

4. […] Source: OK, That’s One Perspective […]

Pingback by Another Minnesota Loon… | Freedom Is Just Another Word… — November 15, 2015 @ 8:36 am - November 15, 2015

5. Remind me, weren’t Nazi sympathizers arrested during World War II? Didn’t the German Bund get investigated and disbanded by the federal government?
    There’s free speech, and then there’s allowing collaborators to proudly profess their collusion in public…

Comment by Sean L — November 15, 2015 @ 8:38 am - November 15, 2015

6. “Be it so. This burning of widows is your custom; prepare the funeral pile. But my nation has also a custom. When men burn women alive we hang them, and confiscate all their property. My carpenters shall therefore erect gibbets on which to hang all concerned when the widow is consumed. Let us all act according to national customs.[To Hindu priests complaining to him about the prohibition of Sati religious funeral practice of burning widows alive on her husband’s funeral pyre.]”

― Charles James Napier

Comment by Sathar — November 15, 2015 @ 9:10 am - November 15, 2015

7. I had somebody on my Facebook feed call ISIS “small potatoes.”

I was shocked that anyone could be that ignorant.

Comment by Just Me — November 15, 2015 @ 10:47 am - November 15, 2015

8. This is the same mentality that Black Lives Matter, and Hands Up. If they think ISIS is doing the best for their community, why don’t they offer themselves to ISIS? When they see the truth it will be too late to leave.

Comment by Roberto — November 15, 2015 @ 1:18 pm - November 15, 2015

9. Violence is never the answer… the hallmark of an idiot. The scary part is that people vote for dim bulbs like this (see my earlier comments on psychosis).

Comment by KCRob — November 15, 2015 @ 2:58 pm - November 15, 2015

10. That was quick – I looked this guy up and he’s folded his campaign due to this tweet.

It’s difficult to not enjoy the schadenfreude when the someone on the left is taken down by the mob but I kind of feel for the guy: yes his comment was dumb but the hacker’s veto is is far worse than a dumb and/or ill-considered tweet.

Comment by KCRob — November 15, 2015 @ 3:08 pm - November 15, 2015

11. That’s a pretty reputable response.

Comment by CrayCrayPatriot — November 15, 2015 @ 5:05 pm - November 15, 2015

12. I had somebody on my Facebook feed call ISIS “small potatoes.”

Strictly speaking, this is a lot more defensible than calling them “fringe extremists” or that they’ve “hijacked Islam.”

ISIS certainly are “small potatoes” in the sense that, numerically, they represent only a small fraction of the Violent Jihadist Community.

I can’t prove it, incidentally, but my gut feeling that many of the “ISIS attacks” are performed by freelance jihadists cashing in on the ISIS brand name.

Comment by Throbert McGee — November 15, 2015 @ 5:40 pm - November 15, 2015

13. I live in Minnesota, and it really doesn’t surprise me to hear him say that, the people here are insane.

Comment by mnscorpio — November 16, 2015 @ 6:44 am - November 16, 2015

14. Agree w/ #10 and #11.

Comment by innocent bystander — November 16, 2015 @ 8:44 am - November 16, 2015

15. If those terrorists had had their way in Paris there WOULD have been ‘about six people in a sports stadium’. With suicide bombs and automatic rifles. That’s what they were trying to do.

That is a particularly inapt analogy for the situation …

Comment by Rdm — November 16, 2015 @ 10:55 am - November 16, 2015

16. I live in Minnesota, and it really doesn’t surprise me to hear him say that, the people here are insane.

hm… Governor Jesse Ventura, Senator Al Franken, Congressman Keith Ellison…

Yeah, sounds about right.

Comment by V the K — November 16, 2015 @ 1:23 pm - November 16, 2015