By not electing the lecherous creep David Vitter to Governor of Louisiana, Republicans demonstrated that they, at least, will not elect a bad man to higher office just for the sake of clinging to power.
Now, for some contrast:
- California Democrat Gavin Newsom, who had an extra-marital affair with the wife of one of his aides, is strongly favored to win his party’s nomination for Governor and hence the Governor’s office in that one-party state.
- Massachusetts Democrat Ted Kennedy, re-elected to office six times despite being complicit in the death of one of his aides and sexually assaulting a waitress at La Brasserie restaurant with fellow (also multiply-re-elected) Democrat creep, Chris Dodd of Massachusetts
- Massachusetts Democrat Gerry Studds, re-elected nine times after admitting that he molested a 16-year-old Congressional page.
- Massachusetts Democrat Barney Frank, allowed a boy-toy to run a prostitution business from his condo, fixed his boy-toy’s parking tickets, and later had an undisclosed relationship with an executive in a government eneterprise his committee was in charge of regulating. Also, re-elected.
- Bill Clinton, perpetrator of sexual assault on Juanita Broaddrick and Kathleen Willey; hero and scion of the Democrat Party.