The FBI’s Terror Watch List violates civil rights, and is a masterwork of bureaucratic malfeasance according to numerous left-wing sources and the Obama Justice Department.
- The FBI Terror Watch List contains outdated, inaccurate, and uncorraborated information.
- The FBI does not remove names from the Terror Watch List even after they have been investigated and cleared.
- The process for putting a person on the Terror Watch list violates civil liberties and “core American values.”
- No objective criteria or standards exist for including someone on the list; it is entirely subjective and subject to bureaucratic whim.
- There is no due process, no opportunity to challenge inclusion on the list. Because the list is secret, persons listed on it are not allowed to know they are on it. Nor is there a process for contesting inclusion on the list. The Government will not share its criteria for putting individuals on the list because of National Security.
- The Terror Watch list contains over 1.5 million names, the great majority of whom have not been charged with a crime, much less a crime of terror.
- According to a Justice Department review, there was no justification for at least 35% of the people being on the list.
- The Terror Watch list is “a massive, virtually standardless government watchlisting scheme that ensnares innocent people and encourages racial and religious profiling.”
- Many of the people on the list are not suspected terrorists, but just “non-investigative subjects” who might know something about a suspected terrorist. Yet, they are profiled the same way as a suspected terrorist.
Then, about a week ago, the Democrat Left figured out that the Terror Watch List was an ideal vehicle for implementing gun control. All of a sudden, the entire left agrees that it is okay to deny people the right to self-defense based on a flawed, outdated, inaccurate, arbitrary, and completely subjective list drawn up by Government bureaucrats in secret with no due process and no appeals.