Every major holiday unleashes a flood of articles from left-wing blogs advising their readers “How to Survive the Holidays,” and their horrible, horrible families. (Mostly by telling them to inject left-wing politics and Obama Talking Points into every family occasion.)
- 14 Ways To Get Through Tense Holiday Family Time Like a Pro
- How to Survive Your Family’s Thanksgiving Arguments
- Surviving Thanksgiving With Your Family
- How to Survive Thanksgiving as a New Vegetarian
- 5 Ways LGBT Youth Can Survive Thanksgiving Dinner with Crazy Uncle Bob
And many, many more
Note the language. Not “How to engage” but “How to survive.” Because, I guess all those Heteronormative Microagression Triggers and contrary opinions are too much for the Special Snowflakes to even live through.
“Thanksgiving dinner is stressful for just about everybody…” reads one of them. No, it isn’t. For normal psychological together people, it’s just about eating and giving thanks. Is that why leftists hate it? Because gratitude is a difficult thing for the spoiled, entitled, and perpetually aggrieved?
Why do leftists need this? It almost makes the members of the left come off as horrible, dysfunctional people, hostile to their flesh-and-blood kin, and incapable of normal, human interaction without guidance from their ideological peer group.