I didn’t watch the debate. Not because I had something better to do. (Actually, I cooked some delicious hamburgers, played Fallout 4, and put more stuff on the Christmas tree for Dewey to knock down while I’m at work.) I just didn’t think the debate (or, more accurately, mass interview opportunity) mattered very much. Here is what I picked up from comments in other forums, tho’
- NRO thought Trump was incoherent, Rubio was great, and Jeb put in his best debate evah: So, now we know what the GOP Establishment thinks
- The mods tried to get Cruz and Trump to go Thunderdome on each other, but they declined.
- Trump called Jeb a loser. Jeb called Trump “Captain Chaos” or something.
- Mass immigration and amnesty came up and Rubio is still into those things
- Rand Paul and Chris Christie said some other stuff that was good.
- Jeb’s debate watching party was not well-attended.
- Trump apparently thinks a nuclear triad involves two really hot chicks and a microwave oven
- John Kasich lives in Ohio, apparently, and has done things of some kind.
- I think Carly Fiorina was there also.
- Nobody hugged Jeb afterwards
That’s pretty much what I got out of it. Any observations from our astute commenters?