Why Is There No Alt-Left?

Posted by V the K at 2:20 pm - August 25, 2016.
Filed under: Democrats & Double Standards

Hillary Clinton and the Democratic Media Complex are attempting to tie Donald Trump (and by extension, *all conservatives* and *all Republicans*) to the “Alt-Right” Fringe; a group they characterize as being pretty much exactly the same as the KKK.

There is no equivalent to the Alt-Right on the Left. There is no fringe racist group that supports the Great Left-Wing Progressive Coalition but embarrasses and is shunned by “respectable” members of the coalition.

The reason for this is simple: The Left welcomes its racist hate groups into the Mainstream of its coalition.

#BlackLivesMatter is a racist Hate Group; they were paraded on stage at the Democrat National Convention. The National Council of La Raza (The Race) is a racist hate group; and their members serve as senior policy advisors to the Democrats on “immigration.” The Muslim Brotherhood is a violent Hate Group; Hillary’s most senior advisor is a member and a former editor of a radical Islamist magazine. The Feminist Movement has become, largely, a cult of man-hatred, but Democrats proudly court the feminist vote and promise them grain from the Federal trough.

There’s no Alt-Left because hatred and extremism are at the core of the progressive movement.

1. I’m not sure that all members of the alt-right are racist fringe extremists, but you are correct about the Democrats: no matter how wacky, fringe, hateful, or loony a left wing group might be, it will be embraced and welcomed into the mainstream Democrat fold.

Comment by Conservative guy — August 25, 2016 @ 2:27 pm - August 25, 2016

2. I had a confirmed left winger write this about me in the comment section of the local paper :

“I really resent you characterizing my comment as making fun of your sexuality. As you know I am extremely liberal and encourage you to celebrate by being true to yourself. Masquerading as a gun toting NRA member doesn’t fool anybody.

Put on some skimpy, frilly thing and prance on down to the courthouse with a purse full of ammo to show them your stuff. Be proud of who you are and what you stand for. You know your rights and you know the law. I’m sure they will be impressed.”

This was the comment referred to :

“Don’t you have a sausage fest you have to get pretty for ?”

Comment by TnnsNe1 — August 25, 2016 @ 2:29 pm - August 25, 2016

3. I’ve noticed the same thing. Newscasters or anyone hosting any number of “liberal” talk shows always talk about “The right wing” this or the “Far right”that or Conservative…but they never ever tag an individual or organization as Leftist liberal or Left wing progressive

Comment by The Poetry Man — August 25, 2016 @ 2:31 pm - August 25, 2016

4. I’m a little bit alt-country and my husband is a little bit alt-rock and roll.

Comment by Niall — August 25, 2016 @ 3:14 pm - August 25, 2016

5. It’s called “projection”.

Comment by Craig Smith — August 25, 2016 @ 4:25 pm - August 25, 2016

6. I had stumbled across the alt right blog about two years ago. I was impressed by the writing quality and intellectualism put into their blogs. However, I didn’t realize at first what a fringe element that they were, so I keep my distance now.

Comment by james — August 25, 2016 @ 5:16 pm - August 25, 2016

7. When Donald Trump hired Stephen K. Bannon, the executive chairman of the right-wing media site Breitbart, to head his campaign last week, Breitbart’s former editor Ben Shapiro declared, ‘The Breitbart alt-right just took over the GOP.’ Yet most of Trump’s supporters probably don’t even know what the alt-right is. It’s entirely plausible that Trump himself doesn’t know what it is. So what is the alt-right, and has it really taken over the GOP?

Shapiro’s worry might be overstated but it’s not unwarranted. For at least a year, a small army of online right-wing trolls – who refer to themselves as the ‘alt-right’ – has attacked anyone who dared challenge Trump. They use some of the most racist and anti-Semitic language imaginable. N-words (directed at blacks), K-words (directed at Jews) and Holocaust and gas chamber ‘jokes’ are commonplace. So are grand declarations about defending the ‘White race’ – and White is almost always capitalised in the alt-right world. And they’re not just anti-minority, but anti-feminist, anti-egalitarian and anti-democracy. ‘Fascist’ isn’t a pejorative but a debatable form of government to alt-righters and to many, a positive one.

Comment by rusty — August 25, 2016 @ 5:51 pm - August 25, 2016

8. The mainstream Right isn’t exactly innocent of this, either. A lot of anti-Trumpers lumped anybody who voiced support for Trump in with the Twitter trolls. I’m not saying the alt-Right doesn’t exist- it does- but I don’t think either side of the aisle has been innocent of trying to put Trump supporters into Nazi uniforms, metaphorically speaking.

I’m not happy with Trump. I’m saying that as somebody who intends to vote for the man come November- which I consider to be different from being a supporter. But I’m not going to go running to the old-guard conservatives, either. Their elitism, unyielding with-us-or-against-us mentality, and unremitting bitterness has made their ideological sacred cows the only thing that distinguishes them from the Left, in my eyes. I don’t think I’ll lose any sleep if I never read another C.W. Cooke or Rick Wilson article again. And this current “I told you so, and I’m so happy I was right!” spiel that they have been on irritates me to no end; it’s a tactic that I’ve always despised, regardless of context.

By the same token, I’m not letting those conservatives who went all in for Trump off the hook, either. Trump is not a conservative by any means: he’s a populist. Nothing precisely wrong with that, but it definitely smacked of opportunism when so many conservative talking heads rallied to his banner. A more pragmatic view would’ve been better- and more intellectually honest, in my book.

I know I’ve voiced some dim opinions about current-day conservatism before, but that’s been mostly out of frustration and disappointment: if its ideas are so great, so intuitive, why does it feel like it’s doing nothing but get its butt kicked? If a disorganized populist like Trump can beat out every single conservative prospect, what’s the point?

In a cynical sense, I think conservatives should be grateful to Trump: he’s revealed the contempt that some have for the people they claim to be working for, and he’s revealed the willingness that some have to abandon their principles for the chance at a meal ticket to fame and prominence. Once the dust settles and conservatism starts retooling itself, I wouldn’t be surprised if a lot of members of the anti- and pro-Trump camps find themselves out in the cold.

Comment by Sean L — August 25, 2016 @ 6:42 pm - August 25, 2016

9. More paranoid delusions from batmerdecrazy 2%ers of the RNC/DNC. In the culturally marxist and paranoid delusional 2%er progressive/libertarian paradigm/microcosm, how can members of the KKK, composed of progressives and libertarians, be “alt-right”? Me thinks the batmerdecrazy 2%er national socialists/communists/progressives/libertarians are projecting and prevaricating, again.

Comment by rjligier — August 25, 2016 @ 7:57 pm - August 25, 2016

10. Shapiro is a cuckservative. Other than wanting the US to go to war for Israel he is a leftist. CUCKS would rather lose than be called bad names.

“to put Trump supporters into Nazi uniforms,”

MILO has some HUGO BOSS

” why does it feel like it’s doing nothing but get its butt kicked? ”

Since 1913 the (((globalists))) have been debasing the US Dollar & trying to import the 3rd world for profit non stop.

Comment by Steve — August 25, 2016 @ 7:59 pm - August 25, 2016

11. The alt right is lot like the Jim Crow, segregation era southern Democrats.

Comment by John C — August 25, 2016 @ 8:33 pm - August 25, 2016

12. Milo Y took to Snap Chat to celebrate the fact that Leslie Jones was hacked (both her site and her iCloud), and personal information as well as intimate photos of her were posted on her site, before it was shut down.

He went onto to intimate that she looked like a man.

Comment by CrayCrayPatriot — August 25, 2016 @ 9:20 pm - August 25, 2016

13. I would contend that the Alt-Left is slightly different than what people expect it to be and does indeed exist, even though neither it nor its contemporaries identify it as such. Instead of it being more extreme on the political scale, I would suggest it’s on the less extreme so that it encompasses what is truly on the modern-day fringe: e.g., a pro-life Democrat.

Comment by RSG — August 26, 2016 @ 4:40 am - August 26, 2016

14. Once the dust settles and conservatism starts retooling itself, I wouldn’t be surprised if a lot of members of the anti- and pro-Trump camps find themselves out in the cold.

I think you’re probably right about that. What could be called The Trump Effect will quite possibly end up being something like Syrup Of Ipecac for conservatism.

I know that I will not shed many tears if chatterers like Ann Coulter and Sean Hannity simply fade away with the advent of the new year.

Comment by RSG — August 26, 2016 @ 4:47 am - August 26, 2016

15. @13, that would be a Blue Dog Democrat

Comment by james — August 26, 2016 @ 7:00 am - August 26, 2016

16. @ RSG: Ditto for the “conservatives” who joined the Liberals in scolding poor whites for their dissatisfaction with the economy and state of the country from the safety of their ritzy East-Coast neighborhoods. Can we through Cooke and Shapiro into that waste bin with Hannity and Coulter?

… Conservatisms going to be a very small movement after this purge, isn’t it?

Comment by Sean L — August 26, 2016 @ 7:45 am - August 26, 2016

17. Don’t forget, Obama went to a NAZI style [parody] church for t-w-e-n-t-y years: http://religiopoliticaltalk.com/hot-tub-conversations/

Comment by Papa Giorgio — August 26, 2016 @ 9:01 am - August 26, 2016

18. Why Is There No Alt-Left?

Because the so-called “alt-right” is just repackaged leftism; specifically, fascism. The “alt-right” *is* the “alt-left”

Comment by Ilíon — August 26, 2016 @ 10:02 am - August 26, 2016

19. In case you’re wondering, here’s a helpful guide to the so-called “alt-Right” that Shrillary was spewing about in Reno:

Regards,
    Peter H.

Comment by Peter Hughes — August 26, 2016 @ 11:16 am - August 26, 2016

20. Oh, and this is for al-Cray-da and Rusty Cut-N-Paste:

SNAP!

Regards,
    Peter H.

Comment by Peter Hughes — August 26, 2016 @ 12:18 pm - August 26, 2016

21. I get it now. The addition of “alt-left” and “alt-right” is merely a continuation of the internecine war between the homosexuals and bisexuals of the culturally marxist 2%er progressive/libertarian open borders paradigm. ROFLMAO.

Comment by rjligier — August 26, 2016 @ 12:32 pm - August 26, 2016

22. Asked why he was not therefore supporting Mr Trump, Mr Quigg replied: “We don’t like his hair. We think it’s a toupee. He won’t do what he says he will do. He says he’s going to build a 20-foot high fence along with border with Mexico and make them pay. How’s he going to do that?”

Prof Levin, a former New York police officer, was sceptical of Mr Quigg’s renunciation. “Based on his past statements, it doesn’t appear highly credible that he has changed his effusive allegiance to Donald Trump,” he said. “The timing seems suspect. I think this is a function of not wanting to undermine the Trump campaign.”

Comment by rusty — August 26, 2016 @ 12:36 pm - August 26, 2016

23. #23 – As usual, the self-loathing ghey named Rusty Cut-N-Paste is sticking his fingers in his ears and yelling “LALALALALALALALA!!!” when confronted with the facts. SMH…

Regards,
    Peter H.

Comment by Peter Hughes — August 26, 2016 @ 12:37 pm - August 26, 2016

24. @ 19, Exactly! The alt right has a collectivist mentality to it

Comment by james — August 26, 2016 @ 12:55 pm - August 26, 2016

25. @ 25, and, as always, it’s collectivism in the service of a small elite. Just one example: the protectionism (i.e. anti-free trade) they espouse.

Comment by Ilíon — August 26, 2016 @ 2:04 pm - August 26, 2016

26. […] AN ASIDE: I hate that term, “alt-right,” see a great commentary by GAY PATRIOT on […]

Pingback by The Best Flip-Flop In A While ~ Donald Trump | Religio-Political Talk (RPT) — August 26, 2016 @ 2:34 pm - August 26, 2016

27. […] AN ASIDE: I hate that term, “alt-right,” see a great commentary by GAY PATRIOT on […]

28. @ Ilion: Much as it’s in vogue to trash economic protectionism in conservative circles, I will point out that one of Washington’s first acts in the Virginia legislature was to push for a trade embargo with England. Hamilton opposed trade with England on the basis for fear that it would undermine America’s economic development.

Comment by Sean L — August 26, 2016 @ 3:21 pm - August 26, 2016

29. Even a genius like Hamilton can be wrong, can be blinded by the milieu (in this case and context, merchantilism) in which he is raised.

Protectionism is *always* undertaken for the benefit of a small number of organized and politically connected parties at the expense of the vast majority.

Comment by Ilíon — August 26, 2016 @ 5:19 pm - August 26, 2016

30. “Protectionism is *always* undertaken for the benefit of a small number”

Protectionism protects entire industries, its 5000+ page (((free trade))) agreements that are nothing but crony set asides, by tran-national elites who destroy economies so they can buy up hard assets on the cheap. The “free trade” treaty system is all about the international traders and banksters selling off access to consumers in rich countries to poor export countries while the banksters collect their fees on each and every deal.

China might be good at copying our stuff cheap but only the first sets pass standards then they go down. They are willing to poison their own people with leaded rice do you really expect them to treat Americans better. Western mans main advantage is innovation, both Israel and China can reverse engineer cheaper, the greeks were smart enough to treat math as a state secrete.

It is little wonder that utopians of various flavors, from Communist to libertarian, are enamored of free trade. Because it now requires a utopian-level credulity to believe that free trade is a viable option in a fallen world. I would be very much more impressed with these “free traders” if they did not pretend that the situation outlined below had anything to do with actual free trade or free markets.

The simplest counter to the doctrine of free trade: neither individual humans nor human groups, are fungible. IOW, quality matters. The free trader says he must offshore jobs to China because of low wages, but then he says we must flood America with Mexicans to compete with low wage China.

Comment by Steve — August 27, 2016 @ 3:39 pm - August 27, 2016