Reporter Is Shocked by the Behavior of Trump Supporters

Posted by V the K at 12:07 pm - October 25, 2016.
Filed under: 2016 Presidential Election

Blogger goes to Trump Rally, is shocked by what he sees.

The people there were nice, peaceful, and nothing at all like what I expected. …
There were no incidents of violence, no craziness, none of the stuff the media has been reporting on. In fact, it was quite the opposite. The rally was held at the amphitheater, which is a venue for a lot of concerts and big events, and I have *never* seen a crowd so well behaved as this one. Usually people are all up in your personal space, jostling, bumping up against you. There would be spilled drinks, screaming people, dirty looks and occasional fights. Not at the Trump rally.

When the rally ended, everyone filed out in orderly fashion, personal space was respected, there was no jostling, or the usual hostile folks trying to force their way out. For me, the contrast was staggering. All this despite the fact that the amphitheater was packed to the gills, and there was a whole crowd outside the venue.

If the reporter was stunned at how well-behaved and respectful the crowd was, it is probably because he is more accustomed to the behavior of progressive leftists and SJW’s and how they behave at their events.

Because this is who Trump represents: The part of America that believes in following the rules; whether they be rules about the proper handling of classified information or the immigration laws that prescribe the correct process for entering the country. The part of America that isn’t about shoving their way ahead of everybody else and getting into their personal space. We may hate the stupid rules Washington is churning out, but we want to change them, not violently protest that they don’t apply to us.

It is in contrast to the America Hillary represents: Rules? The rules are only there to keep the little people in their place. They don’t apply to people who have the money and power to evade them. And you can ask #BlackLivesMatter, #QueerNation, and Third Wave Feminists how they feel about the personal space of others.  The same groups who believe shoving their way in front of everybody else is what the Government should help them do.

This is also the heart of the Red State/Blue State — Conservative/Progressive divide in this country.

1. Sounds like a homosexual that has never afforded themselves the opportunity to be around the majority normal heterosexual population. Hector the Projector may be growing up. ROFLMAO………yeah, right.

Comment by rjligier — October 25, 2016 @ 3:01 pm - October 25, 2016

2. Of course most of the “violence” and other “outbursts” were carefully orchestrated and paid for by the DNC and Mrs. Clinton.

Comment by tnnsne1 — October 25, 2016 @ 3:31 pm - October 25, 2016

3. the only place conservatives are violent is in America’s newsrooms.

Comment by salg — October 25, 2016 @ 3:43 pm - October 25, 2016

4. I live in Santa Fe, NM, the San Francisco of the Rocky Mountains. Full of aging pony tailed 60s hippies with tie dye shirts etc and women in those awful long dresses. Anyway, the liberals here are so nice compared to the rest of the country. It is a relief from when I resided in the DC suburbs and liberals were truly horrible to be around.

Comment by davinci38 — October 25, 2016 @ 7:02 pm - October 25, 2016

5. Not really new or surprising. Remember a few years ago reports of the folks at tea party rallies cleaning up after themselves (part of that whole personal responsibility thing, you know) compared to the squalid, unsanitary “Occupy” movement camps.

Comment by Conservative guy — October 25, 2016 @ 7:41 pm - October 25, 2016

6. I live in Santa Fe, NM, the San Francisco of the Rocky Mountains.

My apologies. Much like San Francisco, I love to visit Santa Fe, but could never live there. It’s why I much prefer ABQ for my northern New Mexico experiences.

Comment by RSG — October 25, 2016 @ 10:03 pm - October 25, 2016

7. RSG:

I actually made the choice of living in SF. While it is unabashedly liberal, the quality of life, the arts, the outdoors, it far outweighs living in a conservative area with millions of people, too much traffic, and a hectic life. It is tranquil and slow paced here, much to my liking.

Comment by davinci38 — October 25, 2016 @ 10:15 pm - October 25, 2016

8. Don’t get me wrong, I truly do love Santa Fe; it’s probably the least pretentious lefty locale I’ve visited. I just couldn’t handle the touristas looking to rebalance their chakras or whatever plus all the lefty locals thrown in the mix. Plus, the libs I know in my ‘hood are quite tolerable as well. There’s weirdness there, but they aren’t constantly angry and condescending like the leftoids in most other places.

Comment by RSG — October 26, 2016 @ 2:43 am - October 26, 2016

9. RSG:

For us, the tourist season is a week in March, from Memorial Day until early October, and 10 days around Christmas. The rest of the year, you can get into a restaurant easily (except for some local hangouts we don’t tell the tourists about). We do tend to make fun of Texans here, as they can be loud and obnoxious. During the summer, 10% of our license plates come from the Lone Star State.

Comment by davinci38 — October 26, 2016 @ 7:46 am - October 26, 2016

10. I love living in New Mexico, although I’m in Albuquerque. The only reason I’d leave is because grandchildren appear elsewhere in the country.

Comment by Louise B — October 26, 2016 @ 10:17 am - October 26, 2016

11. Louise B,
    Grandchildren just appear, like under cabbage leaves or something? 😉

Still, I am happy for you that you have some.

Comment by Ilíon — October 27, 2016 @ 11:08 am - October 27, 2016

12. Lol.

Comment by J.L.W — October 27, 2016 @ 11:55 am - October 27, 2016

13. We do tend to make fun of Texans here, as they can be loud and obnoxious.

That’s pretty universal. One of my favorite story about Texans involved my favorite pedestrian Italian restaurant (sadly now long gone) which had as a side item something called “Tuscan Bread”. A longtime host talked about Texans who would patronize that restaurant and order “more Tucson Bread”.

Comment by RSG — October 28, 2016 @ 2:20 am - October 28, 2016