On Disconnection

Posted by V the K at 10:26 am - November 7, 2016.
Filed under: 2016 Presidential Election

Well, tomorrow the voting ends and the unfriendings begin. I hope the polls are wrong, but I fully expect the forces of evil to prevail. I don’t want to watch it happen. I think I’ll just have to turn off the computers, stay away from the TV. Being dead doesn’t hurt, but dying does.

And then, what? I don’t know. Our Government is corrupt. Our citizenry is lazy, ill-informed, and selfish; not all, but a voting majority. Perhaps Hillary… or Trump should miracles happen … will hasten our national dissolution. Bring on the velvet divorce; our differences are irreconcilable. I am more convinced than ever that it’s time for us to become two, or five, or eleven, or fifty countries. We can maintain a military alliance for security purposes, but freedom cannot survive between kakistocracy and idiocracy.

14963366_10154050995293994_2960711667054636243_n

1. We certainly have a corrupt government, but it’s due to an equally corrupt media and stupid lazy voters. I agree with your sentiments. I too have been trying to figure out how to spend Tuesday without hearing the returns. I’d rather the bad news to slowly leak into my mind via the wind rather than the MSM telling me who won an hour after the polls open. I’ve decided to be happy regardless of results, until they kill me.

Comment by Mario — November 7, 2016 @ 10:29 am - November 7, 2016

2. Stephen Colbert plans to do some shocking after election special on live TV.

What a fucking media whore cocksucker!

Comment by James — November 7, 2016 @ 10:56 am - November 7, 2016

3. Call me an optimist, but I have faith that Americans will make the smart decision.

If they don’t, well, then Ben Franklin’s prophecy comes true. Then bring on The Republic of Texas, because we sure as hell won’t live in the Hildebeast’s USSA.

Regards,
    Peter H.

Comment by Peter Hughes — November 7, 2016 @ 11:15 am - November 7, 2016

4. Even the forces of evil are not confidant that voter fraud will prevail.

Comment by Steve — November 7, 2016 @ 12:31 pm - November 7, 2016

5. Here’s to hoping that Comey’s weekend-of-the-election volte-face will convince wavering Trump-supporters and the Trump-leaning undecideds to show-up and actually vote in their Clintonian-umbrage.

And shame on the Democratic Party for the corrupt Clinton Crime Family being the best they could put forwards for the Republic’s highest office…

Comment by Ted B. (Charging Rhino) — November 7, 2016 @ 1:08 pm - November 7, 2016

6. I have been finding it increasingly difficult to discuss the election with my students. The whole political climate of the country seems toxic to me. I try looking for the educational moments, but most people are not in a position to find balance amongst the many different political perspectives. However, I have made sure to teach and discuss argumentation and rhetoric with the hope that the information will click with my students at some point in the future. When all else fails, I instead make jokes about wanting the Giant Meteor to swoop in and “Just end it already!”

Comment by B. Long — November 7, 2016 @ 1:28 pm - November 7, 2016

7. Vote!

There’s no time for fatalism or for paying attention to the various Debbie Downers. There is every reason to think either Trump or Hillary will win, rationally & respectively. It’s also not a time to pay attention to opinion polls coordinated by the MSM.

Vote! Cast your ballots for Trump for one of 3 reasons. As a protest vote against Hillary; as someone that supports Trump’s agenda or someone that actually supports Trump for what he is, as we’ve all known him for decades now. …& indeed, not voting for Trump IS a vote for Hillary. There is no other logical way of looking at it.

Furthermore, if Trump loses (& I do NOT think he will lose) I just don’t see the GOP surviving as a political party. The balance will have been broken by our enemies, the enemies within & by those that don’t understand what a ballot is, in reality. Those that just don’t understand that support for one is a vote against the other, are no better than the low-brows among the masses. Do it, people! We’re all on the Right. For once, try to think as a group & regain the discipline the Right used to own. For one, since the Civil War, the Republic is in danger. Don’t be part of the cancer within. Think!

Comment by Hanover — November 7, 2016 @ 1:34 pm - November 7, 2016

8. I saw something today about how Trump voters are well aware of his faults which explains why various revelations don’t make any difference. His negatives have been factored in.

In other words, he cannot be any worse than what we have but might be an improvement. (HRC voters have factored in that the Clintons are running a continuing criminal enterprise.)

Being a pessimist, though, has me thinking that, at best, Trump may be a speed bump. I think VtK is correct: the solution is dissolution; a loose confederation with a defense alliance and EU-ish free trade (but NO EU-ish meddling in local affairs or immigration – let Texoma decide whether or not to admit Portlanders for settlement).

The problem is that, per Mark Steyn, there is no path to meaningful course correction. It is politically impossible to tell the truth about entitlements, education, healthcare, etc. Add to that the idea too many people hold that government should (not the same thing as can) address life’s rough edges but that government should *make* people hold correct beliefs and that punishing thought criminals is a proper function of government. These are the people that want government to compel the baking of wedding cakes and use of 57 (or whatever) pronouns for “gender expression”.

Comment by KCRob — November 7, 2016 @ 3:07 pm - November 7, 2016

9. Hillary has a contingency plan in place for every possible scenario. If Trump wins by a landslide, a squeaker, or by Electoral College something is in place. She and the DoJ will toss out the results completely if they have to.

Comment by Niall — November 7, 2016 @ 3:36 pm - November 7, 2016

10. I am planning on media lockdown starting right now. I just can’t take watching my beautiful country be flushed down the toilet by these people. Liberalism is like a cancer on our nation and the majority don’t want the chemo. I am praying for a miracle but I wasn’t given one in ’12 so I really don’t think one is coming. At least we are all in this together (the sane ones)

Comment by Leslie — November 7, 2016 @ 4:33 pm - November 7, 2016

11. I posted this yesterday to my Facebook friends — can anyone here make me rethink it?

With the hours ticking down to Election Tuesday, I think it’s time to dust off Pollyanna’s “Glad Game.” Just as with Uncle Tom, Pollyanna’s name fell into disrepute from being casually thrown around by folks with no knowledge of the *original* character.

But Harriet Beecher Stowe’s version of Uncle Tom was NOT the servile “dumb coon” he’s misremembered as (due to unauthorized and — in many cases — wildly unfaithful minstrel-show adaptations of the novel). And the stubborn optimism of Eleanor Porter’s Pollyanna wasn’t the blind naivete of someone who’d never known disappointment or difficulty — she was an orphan who’d grown up in material poverty as the daughter of a widowed missionary. The whole point of the “Glad Game” is that it’s *challenging*; there’s no need to play it when we’re totally awash in OBVIOUS reasons for gladness.

Come what may, here’s one thing for every American to be glad of on Wednesday morning: a loss for your preferred party *now* is likely to be an advantage to your party in the next few congressional elections. (Both Donald and Hillary have majestic potential to make swing-voting centrists defect to the other side.)

Also be glad that we have a Constitutional system of checks and balances, and that _stare decisis_ tends to be a guiding principle of the Supreme Court. Be glad that American law and culture make it practically impossible for a political official to win a libel case against a private citizen who opines that “President McSurname is a whore/liar/thief/traitor.”

Finally, be glad for the epic comedy gold that our next President (and First Spouse) are bound to provide in either case. If I owned a car, it would sport a bumpersticker that said “Holding my Nose for Hillary,” and I will begrudgingly vote for that ditzy broad (“Oopsie, mistakes were made with my email machine!” — “It’s not your fault, Barbie, computers are hard!”).

Unless, of course, I’m overpowered by a last-minute impulse to go with Whatshisface and Whozit on the Libertarian ticket. I definitely can’t vote *for* Trump — he might be a shrewd businessman and an entertaining political gadfly, but that doesn’t mean he’d be an effective and trustworthy President. On the other hand, I admit that the high-LAR-ious spectacle of earnest progressive sitzpinkler white guys offering frowny-face-tilted-head YouTube apologies to every women in the entire world might *slightly* compensate for the ulcers I’d get from a Trump victory.

Here, by the way, is a clip of Hayley Mills demonstrating the “Glad Game”.

Comment by Throbert McGee — November 7, 2016 @ 8:32 pm - November 7, 2016

12. Throbert…if you live in a swing state and do not vote for Trump, you are voting against the Constitution. Mrs. Clinton will stack the SCOTUS with young liberals… We will lose 2nd Amendment rights and 1st Amendment rights. We already know she will use government powers to destroy our 4th Amendment protections.

Once these rights are gone, they are gone for good. The debt, refugees, immigration, taxes, etc mean nothing when compared to our basic rights.

Comment by tnnsne1 — November 7, 2016 @ 9:51 pm - November 7, 2016

13. Whoever wins, let’s get behind them to make America great! :-)

Comment by Kevin Donegan — November 7, 2016 @ 9:56 pm - November 7, 2016

14. Excuse me, #13. Hillary & the Democrats aren’t all about “making America great”. They’ve done their best to mock that concept. They think America in its decline, is great. They think that they’ve done no damage. So, no. I would not stand behind that Hag, Hillary. Ever. The Democrats would break the balance in the country & rule as they please, for decades. I, for one, recognize an enemy of America when I see & experience one. We’ve experienced an enemy of our country for almost eight years. Our “president”, the idiot-liar Obama with the anti-colonial chip on his shoulder, who’s done his best to rip apart the country, at every turn. Literally. Without exception.

Hillary is a warmonger. An inept clown scam artist. Grasping & vile. Her crimes are documented, at length. Why would anyone on the Right get behind an un-indicted criminal. You, sir, are sadly misinformed. There won’t be any coming back from her guaranteed disasters if she were to win. Facts are facts. We ALL know what she will do. It’s been calculated & itemized.

If you wish to pretend that there is no devil, go right ahead. You would learn a harsh lesson. A harsh lesson indeed.

It would be the greatest mistake America has ever made, in its now-lengthy history as a Republic. I suggest, #13, a study of the fall of the ancient Roman Republic.

Comment by Hanover — November 7, 2016 @ 10:36 pm - November 7, 2016

15. I think we’re already at the ‘Praetorian Guard auctioning-off the Imperial Toga“-stage. Either that, or half-way between the Reichstag Fire and the ‘Gesetz zur Behebung der Not von Volk und Reich’.

Comment by Ted B. (Charging Rhino) — November 8, 2016 @ 12:40 am - November 8, 2016

16. Here’s a great song for Election Day

Four Horseman!!

Comment by pawfurbehr — November 8, 2016 @ 7:58 am - November 8, 2016

17. […] Patriot predicting a loss for Trump. And recommending that it’s time we break up this country into smaller countries. […]

Pingback by Well I Voted | Ruminants — November 8, 2016 @ 9:06 am - November 8, 2016

18. Pingback (#17) Aren’t we already broken up into smaller countries? Their called “states.”

Comment by Kevin Donegan — November 8, 2016 @ 11:40 am - November 8, 2016

19. […] Comment by Kevin Donegan — November 7, 2016 @ 9:56 pm – November 7, 2016 […]

Pingback by GayPatriot » Just a Couple Quick Points — November 12, 2016 @ 1:40 pm - November 12, 2016