A Note from the Heartland

Posted by V the K at 1:46 pm - November 13, 2016.
Filed under: Family

My sister teaches public school in Michigan, the state that put Trump over 300 electoral votes, but just barely. (I guess so many people have left Detroit that it’s harder for the Democrat-UAW Fraud Machine to pump out “votes” like they used to.) She posted this on her Facebook.

Ok- here’s the facts. I voted for me.Yep, that’s right, for *me.* Though the media and Hollywood elite continually told me that if I didn’t vote for Hilary my gay, black, Latino, one-legged, short, tall, woman friends would be doomed, I stepped back and said, “Nope, probably not; I think our society is smart enough and compassionate enough to not let that happen.” (If I’m wrong- I’ll revolt with you- and I’m packing heat.)

The scare that I have every month is what drove my vote. My bills keep going up, and my wages keep going down. My shoulder gave out in May but my son got hurt at the same time. I can’t afford to pay what my health insurance is costing me out of pocket and the deductible from emergency room visits, chiropractic appointments and physical therapy sessions. [VtK Note — Because, thanks to Obamacare, you’re now on the hook for the health problems of people who don’t make good health or economic choices. Imagine what car insurance would cost if you didn’t have to buy it until after you had an accident {pre-existing condition}] So, I have invested in Motrin, gained 10 pounds from being unable to workout and basically accepted defeat in ever sleeping pain free again.

In a year, my son will start college, followed closely by his two sisters. Although Bernie promised “Free Tuition,” I also know that there is no such thing as free in a Socialist society. Going after Big Business in a Government that is built on Capitalism and Free Trade is going to drive those businesses out (of business) Their billionaire owners can afford to close up shop and live for many generations without a second thought. But, my profession counts on employed people paying taxes. If they don’t work, I don’t get paid. Truth. So, when they moved their business away or shut it down, then my neighbors lose their jobs and the small businesses such down.

So, I’m really sorry that have been misled into thinking that your neighbors and friends are bigots and racists when in fact they are just middle America that want to live a happy life without living paycheck to paycheck. Two working adults with Masters degrees struggling because of a decade of social change (supported by a majority of Americans on the left and right) and not one iota of help to the economy.

So, yep, I voted for me. If I find myself in the same boat in four years – or living in a country where people are denied basic human rights- I will vote for change again- and again- and again as long as it takes. But I will not be tricked into thinking that my country will allow all human decency to cease because of my vote.

Kinda related (but mostly not quite worth yet a post of its own): Kids, How to Talk to Your Emotional Failure Parents about the Election:

You know what would be super cool?

Parents who could teach me coping skills. If I’m supposed to crap myself and drown in tears every time something doesn’t go my way I am going to get run over by the Social Darwinism bus before I’m 25.

1. Quite right Many, many people of good will and sound judgement made the choice to jump for Trump. Despite the reality of many and deep problems of these past several years, enough people voted for Trump with sound reasons. Nevertheless, the leftist will continue to act like and out-of-control idiot.

We are probably are coming at a large number of people who will never vote for the Democratic Party again. They will remember the noise and the threats.

Comment by Martel's son — November 13, 2016 @ 1:55 pm - November 13, 2016

2. The Democrats have NO ONE to blame but themselves for the predicament they are in .. Obama came into office with the votes in Congress in his favor.. Now because of his policies over the last eight years, the Democrats have not only lost the presidency and both chambers on The Hill, but they now only hold 15 governorships and only 30% of state legislatures across the country……Yep, it’s “Morning in America”, again…. Thank God !!!!!

Comment by Spartann — November 13, 2016 @ 4:00 pm - November 13, 2016

3. FOX News just announced.. “Reince Priebus to be Donald Trump’s Chief of Staff.”…

Comment by Spartann — November 13, 2016 @ 4:12 pm - November 13, 2016

4. VtK, more to the point, imagine how much you would have to pay if you had to pay for people who didn’t buy insurance, but because some politician wanted votes, decided to give to them.

Yes, I know we have uninsured motorists insurance, but that does NOT pay for liability. It only pays to repair your vehicle plus medical bills should the other driver be at fault and not have insurance. It does not allow you to sue and collect. Imagine how much you would have to pay if you had to cover THAT!

Comment by Craig Smith — November 13, 2016 @ 4:36 pm - November 13, 2016

5. A few years ago, some guy wrote “What’s the Matter with Kansas?”. From my POV, we have issues but nothing remarkable (indeed, KS is fairly well run compared to some of our neighbors). Turns out, the point of the book is that we are fools for not submitting ourselves to the rule of People That Know Better. Oh.

WRT VtK’s sister (who can’t be a woman since she seems to be the sort that just gets on with it and does what’s needed whereas today’s woman just blames everyone else). Mark Steyn wrote:

…it was too much to expect this New America to wait for this old, irrelevant America actually to kick the bucket: they had to hasten ’em into the grave by endless taunting that everyone matters more than you. So that, in nothing flat, transgendered rights suddenly become a huge urgent public-policy priority requiring instant federal bathroom ordinances and congratulatory calls from the White House to Caitlyn Jenner. And you’ve never met a transgendered person or know anyone who’s met one – and yet they matter, and you and millions like you don’t. And both the left’s social-justice warriors and the right’s psephologists are insisting that you’ll matter even less next time.

Yesterday, the dispossessed said they’re tired of being told they don’t count – and, in terms of the electoral arithmetic, demonstrated that in fact the experts can’t count.

Comment by KCRob — November 13, 2016 @ 4:59 pm - November 13, 2016

6. TRANNY Bathrooms getting more coverage than last years black moslem serial killer of gays in 3 states shows how the media is. One of his victims was from Philly and I only saw one lamestream gay news site mention him, but that blond woman that beat up 2 gay guys in Philly had her picture prominently shown for 5 months. I was like seriously why post so much about the 2 guys beaten up by a woman its embarrassing.

Comment by Steve — November 13, 2016 @ 6:06 pm - November 13, 2016