Snowflakes Taught Basic Life Skills for $28,000 a month

Posted by V the K at 3:45 pm - December 29, 2016.
Filed under: End of Human Race

Oh, Good Lord.

For $28,000 a month, privileged 20-somethings who have failed to reach their ‘true potential’, will get basic life skills in scheduling, cleaning and even ‘showing up’, according to Fusion.

Therapy and group sessions are supplements by treatments such as art classes, yoga and meditation.

Up to 16 people can live in the Yellowbrick residence; a four-story apartment building where patients live together in apartments in groups of three or four.

Staff members are never too far away however, to teach residents the basics such as shopping, cooking and cleaning.

So, people are paying $28K a month for their worthless, helpless offspring to learn the basic stuff their parents should have taught them.

The article says that some of these people suffer from “anxiety disorders” and other mental illness. I’m skeptical. The Psychiatric profession has so broadened the definition of disorder that practically any personality quirk qualifies. Couple that with the cult of victimhood and people who just can’t accept responsibility and… yeah, I don’t believe that everybody who goes in there just has a mental illness.

BTW: Their success rate is <20%. 4 out 5 people who go through the program are still dysfunctional.

Sometimes I think our society deserves collapse.

1. A fool and his money…

Comment by Craig Smith — December 29, 2016 @ 4:32 pm - December 29, 2016

2. $28K/month? I wish I’d thought of this.

Shame is dead.

Comment by KCRob — December 29, 2016 @ 6:28 pm - December 29, 2016

3. I’ll do it for half that amount!

Comment by MaryB — December 29, 2016 @ 7:04 pm - December 29, 2016

4. Forget the 28 grands a month.

Here’s what is likely to p*ss you really off:

and lo and behold, such “patients” are still allowed to vote.

Comment by Cyril — December 29, 2016 @ 10:43 pm - December 29, 2016

5. Oh, and…

Comment by Cyril — December 29, 2016 @ 10:45 pm - December 29, 2016

6. I went through a similar program when I was 17 years old. It did not cost me anything. In fact, I got paid about 500 bucks a month.

We were taught to get up on time and clean up after ourselves. We learned to perform assigned tasks on time.

My group did live communally, about 80 of us in a squad bay. There was always one or two drill instructors (er, I mean “counselors”) around to encourage us

Believe me, most of us had problems with anxiety while we were there. But we learned to deal with it.

Comment by Beaches — December 29, 2016 @ 11:34 pm - December 29, 2016

7. Sometimes I think our society deserves collapse

Sometimes I think I want to punch myself in the face for only acknowledging how low our western civilization has been (and still is) willing to go.

As my good Blaise Pascal wrote:

“Men’s sensitivity to little things and insensitivity to the greatest things are signs of a strange, worrisome disorder.”

Comment by Cyril — December 30, 2016 @ 11:31 am - December 30, 2016