News I Thought Was Made Up But Wasn’t

Posted by V the K at 9:28 pm - January 9, 2017.
Filed under: Unhinged Liberals

I saw this story on social media a couple of days ago, but I didn’t do a post on it because — I am not kidding — I didn’t think it was real. But apparently, I underestimated exactly how mentally ill the mainstream left is. A senior editor at (Mainstream Left Wing Blog) Think Progress was terrified of his own plumber because he might have been a Trump voter.

ThinkProgress senior editor Ned Resnikoff  stated his fears in a November Facebook post, a screenshot of which is now making the rounds on the Internet.

“While I had him in the apartment, I couldn’t stop thinking about whether he had voted for Trump, whether he knew my last name is Jewish, and how that knowledge might change the interaction we were having inside my own home,” he said.

The “uncertainty” of the situation left Resnikoff “rattled for some time.”

“I have no real reason to believe he was a Trump supporter or an anti-Semite, but in my uncertainty I couldn’t shake the sense of potential danger,” he wrote. “I was rattled for some time after he left.”

And I saw this story earlier today and I didn’t run with it because I also didn’t think it was real. A “radical queer activist” was arrested in California for stabbing a woman to death, and his fellow left-wing activists were shocked and horrified… that media accounts did not refer to the murderer by “their” preferred pronoun.

A radical queer and anti-white activist was arrested for murder, but the newspaper reporting the arrest got the perpetrator’s pronoun wrong. All one of his friends cared about was to make sure the alleged murderer wasn’t referred to as a “he” in articles covering the crime.

Pablo Gomez Jr., a 22-year-old student at the University of California, Berkeley, is suspected of stabbing one woman to death on Friday and of injuring another in a separate incident. He was arrested by police in Burbank on Saturday afternoon.

Gomez has worked at the Alliance for Climate Education, a climate alarmist activist group. In 2014, he spoke at a climate event with Governor Jerry Brown, billionaire climate change activist Tom Steyer, and University of California system President Janet Napolitano, former governor of Arizona and Homeland Security secretary under President Obama.

There’s a picture of him at the link with Governor Moonbeam and one of the billionaires who owns the Democrat Party.

1. I say this often.

I’ve learned it from personal daily experience as early as the mid 80s in Socialist France:

Reality will simply never cease to easily overcome fiction, in an ambient leftism- / cultural marxism-soaked society.

I was among the lucky ones with parents (more specifically, the father) who had seen it coming from afar (*) and warned me accordingly (**).

“Bear.”

(*) ’68

(**) offspring preservation instinct

Comment by Cyril — January 9, 2017 @ 10:18 pm - January 9, 2017

2. There are American teenage boys and girls in Afghanistan who are wondering if the driver of an approaching vehicle is a suicide bomber.

I guarantee, not one of them is as much of a sniveling, worthless drama queen as this prick.

Comment by Beaches — January 9, 2017 @ 10:20 pm - January 9, 2017

3. As hard as it is to believe – yes, there are persons around that believe all this. One of the core reasons Trump won was that enough people, despite an dislike of the populism of Trump, saw enough of the left to know that many in the left today are quite, quite mad – if not insane.

They ‘believe’ – like an cult of ancient aliens or some other wow.

We will see more of these things, and likely even wilder.

Comment by Martel's son — January 9, 2017 @ 10:45 pm - January 9, 2017

4. Then, of course, there is the man you shot and ran over a UPS driver because he thought he was Trump.

Yeah, three difference sources, so you can’t claim it is fake news.

And he may have been nuts, but who filled his head with fear of Trump?

Comment by Craig Smith — January 9, 2017 @ 10:57 pm - January 9, 2017

5. “They” is a 2 faced back stabbing fagg0t.

If he really cared about the climate he would want the border sealed.

Comment by Steve — January 9, 2017 @ 11:06 pm - January 9, 2017

6. I know two acquaintances who are schizophrenic. They are not in the best shape without their meds. Years ago, one of them threatened to stab person(s) who are close to me.

I’m not in touch with either person. But, if I were, had a strong bond, and they happened to be transgendered, and that was important to their identity, and, if they had stabbed someone close to me, and their preferred pronoun was misreported, then, yes, I might contact the reporting agency and ask for a correction.

We’re all human beings and sometimes there isn’t a rational way to deal with something. Who are you to judge?

Is this incident a tragedy, yes? Of course it is, damn it. It’s down right f*cking horrible. But, you don’t know the background of these people, and for you to, at face value, just assume the worst, is pretty sad. Life is more complicated than the reductive way you go about reporting things, V the K. It’s frustrating that you don’t have empathy to consider that maybe the pronoun element isn’t what you’re making it out to be.

Comment by CrayCrayPatriot — January 9, 2017 @ 11:22 pm - January 9, 2017

7. If anyone was still wondering whether or not, in nowadays’ academia, it’s a global … race to the bottom (or to the peaks of retardation, depending on how you look at it) :

Comment by Cyril — January 9, 2017 @ 11:27 pm - January 9, 2017

8. My empathy is reserved for the family of the woman he stabbed to death.

Comment by V the K — January 10, 2017 @ 12:07 am - January 10, 2017

9. My empathy is reserved for the family of the woman he stabbed to death.

So is mine.

If this guy wasn’t a leftie, you wouldn’t give two sh!ts about the family.

Comment by CrayCrayPatriot — January 10, 2017 @ 12:12 am - January 10, 2017

10. Obama gave Iran hundreds of billions of dollars to kill Jews with, but Trump is the anti-Semite. The left is stark raving mad

Comment by BurkeanMama — January 10, 2017 @ 12:14 am - January 10, 2017

11. CraycrayPatroit if some crazy SOB stabbed someone I loved and I knew it would tear their soul to be refered to as he then that is precisely what I would call them. They gave up any consideration as a living being the second they committed murder.

Comment by Sandra — January 10, 2017 @ 12:42 am - January 10, 2017

12. So, no one has gotten close to anyone with schizophrenia?

Comment by CrayCrayPatriot — January 10, 2017 @ 12:44 am - January 10, 2017

13. In the end, it’s all about the money.

Principles vs virtue signalling.

Honesty vs hypocrisy.

Hard work vs legal thievery.

#DrainingTheSwampOfObamarxistLeeches

“Americans eat generic cereal while YOU eat a $44 breakfast that THEY paid for.”

1/8/2017

Comment by Cyril — January 10, 2017 @ 2:17 am - January 10, 2017

14. First of all, Cray, you talk of these people as if the Schizophrenia and being transgendered were two entirely independent things. Now, I’m not saying that all transgendered people are schizophrenic, far from it, but the incidence of mental problems with transgendered people is so high it is very difficult to claim that the two are totally independent.

Now, it is entirely possible that if the stabber were a conservative, we would not be spending time talking about it here. Not because we don’t care, but because it is beyond the scope of this blog.

Comment by Craig Smith — January 10, 2017 @ 2:19 am - January 10, 2017

15. #SolyndraNostalgia

Obama and Clinton Loyalists Grapple with … Trump Recession (*)

“Trump’s unexpected win has Democrats coping with a vastly smaller job market for their skills.

[...]

“It feels like there are just thousands of us trying to find a job, and there are no jobs,” said Mira Patel, a longtime Hillary Clinton aide.

[...]”

(*) No kidding: verbatim!

Comment by Cyril — January 10, 2017 @ 2:42 am - January 10, 2017

16. If Bush Derangement Syndrome was a head-cold, Trump Derangement Syndrome is the Spanish Influenza striking at the usually hale and healthy with leathal effect. I have no f**king sympathy.

Comment by Ted B. (Charging Rhino) — January 10, 2017 @ 5:25 am - January 10, 2017

17. Now, it is entirely possible that if the stabber were a conservative, we would not be spending time talking about it here.

If “entirely possible” is a euphemism for “certain.”

As you put it …

… Not because we don’t care, but because it is beyond the scope of this blog.

… as it’s beyond the scope of this blog.

Is this blog is about kvetching about extreme Leftism? Because that’s what just about every post seems to be about lately. lol

Comment by CrayCrayPatriot — January 10, 2017 @ 6:23 am - January 10, 2017

18. First of all, Cray, you talk of these people as if the Schizophrenia and being transgendered were two entirely independent things.

I’m not an expert in the psychological field (or any field really).

But, the main theme in part II of this post is confounding. I looked up several links to this story, and I found very little about the friend in question who contacted the publication. Yet, the the reductive assumption is made that they “care more about a pronoun than a human life,” without examining or even knowing about the friend’s relationship to the killer or the friend’s passion behind transgendered issues (or there empathy towards what the killer was going through before, you know, he flipped out, and killed someone).

I don’t make excuses for the friend or the killer. At all. However, for someone to get pissed off because the friend contacted the publication about the pronoun is a very myopic and reductive view of the situation, especially when one doesn’t know the facts or the nuances.

At the end of day, someone died. It’s sad and tragic. And, yet, people want to politicise it.

Lock them up! Judge them! Life is all black and white!

Yeah, I wish it was.

Comment by CrayCrayPatriot — January 10, 2017 @ 6:30 am - January 10, 2017

19. Is this blog is about kvetching about extreme Leftism? Because that’s what just about every post seems to be about lately.

Out of twenty posts on the front page, only three are on the topic of leftist insanity. The other topics include the Russian Hacking Conspiracy Theory, Media Bias, the Evil Thing That Happened in Chicago, the Hollywood Dingbat’s Golden Globe Speech, BREXIT, Kids standing up to left-wing indoctrination, the End of the Obama Era, and why Sears and Macy’s retail models don’t work any more.

The whole country is awash in left-wing derangement, much of it coming from the LGBT activists. Of course, I’m going to report on it. It’s comforting to know I’m not with those people.

Comment by V the K — January 10, 2017 @ 7:44 am - January 10, 2017

20. The other topics include the Russian Hacking Conspiracy Theory, Media Bias, the Evil Thing That Happened in Chicago, the Hollywood Dingbat’s Golden Globe Speech, BREXIT, Kids standing up to left-wing indoctrination, the End of the Obama Era, and why Sears and Macy’s retail models don’t work any more.

Most of these posts are the context of …

kvetching about extreme Leftism

The same leftists who made gay marriage happen. But, you’re not gay married, so why would you care? Oh wait …

Comment by CrayCrayPatriot — January 10, 2017 @ 8:23 am - January 10, 2017

21. Excuse me for thinking extreme leftism is bad for children and other living things. Perhaps I ought to pretend that this political philosophy is A. Benign and B. Not embraced by millions of Democrat voters.

Comment by V the K — January 10, 2017 @ 8:43 am - January 10, 2017

22. an anti-white activist? please, he is a racist.

Comment by salg — January 10, 2017 @ 8:45 am - January 10, 2017

23. Excuse me for thinking extreme leftism is bad for children and other living things. Perhaps I ought to pretend that this political philosophy is A. Benign and B. Not embraced by millions of Democrat voters.

You operate from a place where The Left is vile and nothing of value can be had. It’s a cynical view that is the same as the way the left sees “the right.” It’s all f*cking buggery.

Comment by CrayCrayPatriot — January 10, 2017 @ 9:43 am - January 10, 2017

24. CrayCrayPatriot would go up to a grieving family and say “that was not a heman who stabbed your daughter to death”. Autistic.

“10.Obama gave Iran hundreds of billions of dollars to kill Jews with, but Trump is the anti-Semite.”

I hear he sent a plumber over to his grandkids house to work on the showers.

“If this guy wasn’t a leftie, you wouldn’t give two sh!ts about the”

For some reason conservative gays don’t go around stabbing women in the back.

’12.So, no one has gotten close to anyone with schizophrenia?”

I guess not within stabbing range? I always wondered if there were schizos out there that had good voices in their heads.

“… as it’s beyond the scope of this blog.”

Or maybe we are just saying it so you don’t get stabby while claiming to be conservative.

Comment by Steve — January 10, 2017 @ 9:57 am - January 10, 2017

25. Steve, you can quote commenters by putting their quotes
    between:

blockquote

and

/blockquote

(add an “” on each side of both)

Or, you can just continue to look like a rambling savant.

Comment by CrayCrayPatriot — January 10, 2017 @ 10:14 am - January 10, 2017

26. add an on each side of both terms.

Comment by CrayCrayPatriot — January 10, 2017 @ 10:15 am - January 10, 2017

27. Okay, now I look like the rambling savant.

You put those two aforementioned terms in the “bracket” thingies you see being used under “Leave a comment”

Comment by CrayCrayPatriot — January 10, 2017 @ 10:16 am - January 10, 2017

28. So, no one has gotten close to anyone with schizophrenia?

Does reading your inane posts count, al-Cray-da?

Speaking of which – why haven’t you condemned the four black thugs who assaulted a special-needs white man and made him spew a politically-charged rant about Pres-Elect Trump and white people in general?

Regards,
    Peter H.

Comment by Peter Hughes — January 10, 2017 @ 10:22 am - January 10, 2017

29. Vince wants me to stop commenting on how deranged and hateful the Democrat Left has become. I just want the Democrat Left to stop being deranged and hateful.

Comment by V the K — January 10, 2017 @ 10:40 am - January 10, 2017

30. Do you mean the Democratic Left that lionize child molesters and mass murderers? Do you mean the same Democratic Left that won’t say anything bad about the Prophet Mohammed but will dunk an image of the Prince of Peace into a glass of urine? That Democratic Left? Or is there another in your fevered imagination that we don’t know about? Because, until the Muslims started their shot for the title, Leftists have been responsible for the highest amount of mass murders and suffering in the modern age.

Comment by Juan — January 10, 2017 @ 10:57 am - January 10, 2017

31. @ 9, Cray Cray, my empathy and thoughts would go out to the family no matter what the ideology of the perpetrator. Most of us feel that way on this board you trolling creep.

Comment by Pawfurbehr — January 10, 2017 @ 11:12 am - January 10, 2017

32. There is hateful derangement on the right… at the very fringe of the movement. Whereas, the Democrat Party honored a violent hate group (#BlackLivesMatter) at their convention. And of a piece with that, Democrat congressmen are proud to hang a painting in the capital that depicts cops as pigs, wantonly gunning down black people.

Comment by V the K — January 10, 2017 @ 11:12 am - January 10, 2017

33. Maybe Gomez will claim self-defense. Maybe he feared for his life, because he thought the woman might have been a Trump voter.

And, can you imagine if a right-wing blogger posted an anecdote about being terrified of a black plumber? “The whole time he was unclogging my toilet, I was afraid he would pull out a switchblade knife and slit my throat.” Or an Arab plumber? “While he was replacing the water heater, I was afraid he was going to pull out an assault weapon and shoot me.”

Leftists make wild assumptions about people without a shred of evidence. Yet, it’s their political opponents who are labeled bigoted and racist.

Resnikoff should be more worried about his fellow liberals. His last name sounds Eastern European, so they might suspect that he is a Russian spy who hacked the election.

Comment by Tom — January 10, 2017 @ 11:23 am - January 10, 2017

34. @23 “you operate from a place where the left is vile and nothing good could be had.” that is true. people like you gave the world communist Russia, Nazi Germany, communist china, communist Vietnam, communist cuba, communist eastern Europe, present day venezuela. you gave the world the greatest mass murders in the history of mankind. you murdered more people in one century than everyone else in the history of mankind. you gave the world the checka, gestapo, stasizi.. you created concentration camps, gulags, forced labor camps, gas chambers, famines, education as political indoctrination. you created the most vicious, violent, murderous, authoritarian, repressive, warlike governments in history. and in spite of all the evils you have inflicited on mankind you still think you are the good guys.

Comment by salg — January 10, 2017 @ 12:42 pm - January 10, 2017

35. you created concentration camps, gulags, forced labor camps, gas chambers, famines, education as political indoctrination. you created the most vicious, violent, murderous, authoritarian, repressive, warlike governments in history. and in spite of all the evils you have inflicited on mankind you still think you are the good guys.

Amen.

And all this happened because the men who openly or secretly hate the invisible God of others are the same men who wanted (and still want) to become God.

“Over a half century ago, while I was still a child, I recall hearing a number of old people offer the following explanation for the great disasters that had befallen Russia:

“Men have forgotten God; that’s why all this has happened.”

Since then I have spent well-nigh 50 years of my life working on the history of our revolution; in the process I have read hundreds of books, collected hundreds of personal testimonies, and have already contributed eight volumes of my own toward the effort of clearing away the rubble left by that upheaval.

But if I were asked today to formulate as concisely as possible the main cause of the ruinous revolution that swallowed up some 60 million of our people, I could not put it more accurately than to repeat:

“Men have forgotten God; that’s why all this has happened.”

– Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Comment by Cyril — January 10, 2017 @ 1:12 pm - January 10, 2017

36. “Socialism, just like the ancient ideas from which it springs, confuses the distinction between government and society.

As a result of this, every time we object to a thing being done by government, the socialists conclude that we object to its being done at all.

We disapprove of state education. Then the socialists say that we are opposed to any education.

We object to a state religion. Then the socialists say that we want no religion at all.

We object to a state-enforced equality. Then they say that we are against equality.

And so on, and so on.

It is as if the socialists were to accuse us of not wanting persons to eat because we do not want the state to raise grain.

[...]

Oh, sublime writers! Please remember sometimes that this clay, this sand, and this manure which you so arbitrarily dispose of, are men!

They are your equals!

They are intelligent and free human beings like yourselves!

As you have, they too have received from God the faculty to observe, to plan ahead, to think, and to judge for themselves!

– Claude Frédéric Bastiat

Comment by Cyril — January 10, 2017 @ 1:33 pm - January 10, 2017

37. @36 Cyril have you ever notice that socialists don’t want the freedom to practice socialism, they want the power to make everybody else practice it.

Comment by salg — January 10, 2017 @ 2:08 pm - January 10, 2017

38. @salg:

Of course, I have / I did.

Bastiat yet again, dealt with the topic of that superstition of theirs, beautifully:

“The Superman Idea

The claims of these organizers of humanity raise another question which I have often asked them and which, so far as I know, they have never answered:

If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good?

Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race?

Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?

The organizers maintain that society, when left undirected, rushes headlong to its inevitable destruction because the instincts of the people are so perverse.

The legislators claim to stop this suicidal course and to give it a saner direction.

Apparently, then, the legislators and the organizers have received from Heaven an intelligence and virtue that place them beyond and above mankind; if so, let them show their titles to this superiority.

They would be the shepherds over us, their sheep. Certainly such an arrangement presupposes that they are naturally superior to the rest of us.

And certainly we are fully justified in demanding from the legislators and organizers proof of this natural superiority.”

Comment by Cyril — January 10, 2017 @ 3:13 pm - January 10, 2017

39. Sorry, my bad. Capitalism is All Good and solves everything. No sense in regulating it or employing regulated socialism, which is All Bad. To suggest otherwise means you are a far leftist who must be a Nazi.

Carry on.

Comment by CrayCrayPatriot — January 10, 2017 @ 5:42 pm - January 10, 2017

40. cray cray if you like socialism get together with the rest of the socialists and practice it. it’s a free country nobody will stop you. get together, pool your money, divide it up evenly and live happily ever after. there is no government mandated capitalism in any country, why should we have government mandated socialism? if socialism is the great economic system you seem to think it is then the success of you and your friends will attract everyone to join you. but that would require you to let people exercise the freedom to choose for themselves, something your totalitarian liberal heart can’t tolerate.

Comment by salg — January 10, 2017 @ 6:00 pm - January 10, 2017

41. Yup, you didn’t actually read my comments.

Comment by CrayCrayPatriot — January 10, 2017 @ 6:31 pm - January 10, 2017

42. CCP:If this guy wasn’t a leftie, you wouldn’t give two sh!ts about the family.

If he weren’t a leftie –
    1) he wouldn’t be insane;
    2) or, even if he were insane, he … and his friends … wouldn’t image that the rest of us have an obligation to go insane with him;
    3) wouldn’t have murdered someone.

Comment by Ilíon — January 11, 2017 @ 4:36 am - January 11, 2017

43. That’s really good logic. I guess you have a double-degree in psychology and political science.

Comment by CrayCrayPatriot — January 11, 2017 @ 7:12 am - January 11, 2017