Another Leftist Hates Life Because His Party Didn’t Win

Posted by V the K at 8:08 am - January 10, 2017.
Filed under: Arrogance of the Liberal Elites

I Love America, It’s Americans I Hatewrites Tim Krieder, an “essayist and cartoonist who divides his time between New York City and Chesapeake Bay in Maryland.” So, you can just tell he spends lots of time around regular Americans. And the reason he hates Americans is because they chose Donald Trump over the decrepit, corrupt, dishonest, incompetent, Washington Insider Hillary Clinton. And the people who voted for Trump did so because they are stupid, racist and hateful, therefore he hates them.

A vote cast for Trump is kind of like a murder; there may be context to consider — a disadvantaged background, extenuating circumstances, understandable motives — but the choice itself is binary and final, irrevocable. There’s a case to be made that it’s indefensible; that his supporters have forfeited any right to be respected or taken seriously. The conservatives of the heartland have lashed back against the coastal elites’ condescending, classist prejudices by defiantly confirming them: that they’re pathetically dumb and gullible, uncritical consumers of any disinformation that confirms their biases, easy dupes for any demagogue who promises to bring back the factories and keep the brown people down.

Ignorance and bigotry are actually the best possible motives for having voted for Trump — they are at least honest, if not honorable. But I don’t believe all Trump voters are ignorant, or bigoted; most of them are just evil — evil being defined not as anything so glamorous as beheading journalists or gunning down grade schoolers, but simply as not much caring about other people’s suffering. They’re willing to consign someone else — someone Mexican, or Muslim, or trans, not anyone they know — to exile, arrest, or second-class status, in exchange for… what? A tax break? To send a message to Washington, or the mainstream media? Just out of spiteful, petulant rage?

So, I guess by ‘America’ he means he likes the landscapes and the residual capitalist wealth that enables him to earn a living by attacking it. It never occurs to him that the last eight (actually, the last 24) years have been not so great for people who don’t have large trust funds and connections to the political elite.

Later, he humblebrags about how nice he is. I don’t buy it.

I’m afraid what will probably win out over my ideological convictions is my accursed, ineradicable niceness. Niceness — as distinguished from kindness — is not something I regard as a virtue; it feels more like a weakness. There comes a time when civility in the face of barbarism is folly.

1. And the people who voted for Trump did so because they are stupid, racist and hateful, therefore he hates them.

And the people who didn’t vote for Trump did so because they are all mentally-challenged, America-hating bi-coastal liberal elites who are terrible people because Hillary Clinton is the one of the worst and most crooked people to ever work in American politics.

See, it goes both ways. You b!tch about this guy and all the other liberals you report on like every person who didn’t vote for Trump can so easily be placed in a generic box that you can write off.

You’re no better than the far left, and yet you carry on like you are. Just like they do.

Comment by CrayCrayPatriot — January 10, 2017 @ 8:19 am - January 10, 2017

2. CryMoarPatriot

Comment by damaged justice — January 10, 2017 @ 8:31 am - January 10, 2017

3. You’re no better than the far left [bloggers]

Corrected.

Comment by CrayCrayPatriot — January 10, 2017 @ 9:40 am - January 10, 2017

4. Later, he humblebrags about how nice he is. I don’t buy it.

And we just saw such an example from al-Cray-da as to how the Left reacts when caught in their own hypocrisy. SMH…

Regards,
    Peter H.

Comment by Peter Hughes — January 10, 2017 @ 10:18 am - January 10, 2017

5. It isn’t about keeping the ‘brown people down’, Tim. It’s about keeping you are your deranged allies down.

Comment by David — January 10, 2017 @ 11:26 am - January 10, 2017

6. The far left has always been vicious spoiled brat “brains” commanding adult bodies.

I mean, just look at Babeuf. Robespierre. Lenin. Stalin. Mao. Pol Pot. Castro. Chavez… You name them.

They don’t think, they feel.

They don’t discuss, they yell.

They don’t compromise, they conspire.

They don’t reward, they bribe.

They don’t propose, they coerce.

They don’t assess, they imagine.

That’s the Leftist Trinity since 1789:

1) My feelings are more important than your facts;

2) My laws are more important than your rights;

3) My plans are more important than your wallet.

Comment by Cyril — January 10, 2017 @ 11:51 am - January 10, 2017

7. The lefties like America when they are in control and can tell all of us peons what to do.

Comment by davinci38 — January 10, 2017 @ 1:47 pm - January 10, 2017

8. As a “essayist and cartoonist”, he’s an economic and social East Coast Liberal parasite. My heartfelt and sincere response to Mr. Kreider and his finely-considered concerns, “F**k you…and the horse you rode in on, loser.”

“Put him on a list, he certainly won’t be missed.”
    – set to a leitmotif from <a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWo_3CIcTBQ&quot; The Mikado

Comment by Ted B. (Charging Rhino) — January 10, 2017 @ 2:15 pm - January 10, 2017

9. I’ve been a lurker here and vowed I would never post but here I am. I cannot keep my mouth shut over this one. I live in Cali but am originally from the Rust Belt. The hatred and contempt that the Left has demonstrated towards Middle America is why I will never vote Democratic again. And I’m a registered Democrat from a union town with steelworkers on one side of the family and coal miners on the other.

This man, whoever he is, is a bigoted, blind fool who hates his country, I don’t care what he professes to love. I read a news story not long ago about a couple in a Rust Belt town who both died at home of heroin overdoses, their 5-month-old baby starved to death and the guy who actually discovered the bodies stole a gun from the house and sold it to get some cash. Where is the Left’s compassion for these Americans? These wealthy, self-absorbed Leftists like Meryl Streep don’t just ignore the massive suffering of their fellow Americans; they’re completely indifferent to it. I have a hard time forgiving that.

Comment by Rusty — January 10, 2017 @ 3:25 pm - January 10, 2017

10. @Rusty:

Many here feel you, I guess.

The left elites:

“We’re doing great with our DC buddies, so everyone else is, as well.

We’re p*ssed that our champion Hillary lost, so everyone else has to be, as well!”

Comment by Cyril — January 10, 2017 @ 4:00 pm - January 10, 2017

11. This man, whoever he is […]

Mr Krieder, the Interwebs inform me, is a contemporary of Ted Rall. That tells you everything you need to know about him.

Comment by RSG — January 10, 2017 @ 7:18 pm - January 10, 2017

12. This really hits on the fundamental difference between liberals and conservatives. Liberals have a lower opinion of Americans and “typical” people everywhere. Gun control is necessary because people cannot be trusted to act responsibly with their weapons. Minimum wage laws are necessary because people cannot be trusted to treat employees decently. How passionately they distrust people determines into what bin, e.g. Liberal, leftist, communist, etc, they can be placed.

It is, of course, a philosophy for people who see themselves as better than those others who shouldn’t be trusted.

I just realized I could go on for hours, so I’ll stop.

Comment by John — January 11, 2017 @ 12:43 pm - January 11, 2017