Brief Comment on the Confirmation Hearings

Posted by V the K at 8:13 pm - January 11, 2017.
Filed under: Unhinged Liberals

Jeff Sessions and Rex Tillerson are coming across as intelligent, serious professional men. The Democrats are coming off as grandstanding clowns. Marco Rubio, bizarrely, seems intent on holding Rex Tillerson personally responsible for the bombing of Aleppo.

And then there are the Democrat protesters.

C15qb1tUcAEiAEB

In my prayers tonight, I’m going to thank God for making me normal.

BTW: Have you seen the cabinet Hillary was going to put together? Her pick for EPA (or Education) was… rather interesting.

20 Comments »

1. Audience reactions shots are so beneficial when the Dhimmicrats are discussing the Fate of the Republic. They just can’t help themselves, they should use the Scorpion as their totem.

Comment by Ted B. (Charging Rhino) — January 11, 2017 @ 9:41 pm - January 11, 2017

2. I have not seen such a collection of attention whores outside of the last Pride Parade.

Comment by Juan — January 11, 2017 @ 10:07 pm - January 11, 2017

Comment by Ignatius — January 11, 2017 @ 11:53 pm - January 11, 2017

4. Sensible people should remember “Little Marco’s” behavior now …and during the Primaries…and disqualify him from ANY national rôle until he develops some maturity. And quietly remind him whose side he’s supposed to be on.

Comment by Ted B. (Charging Rhino) — January 12, 2017 @ 1:06 am - January 12, 2017

5. AFAICT, Rubio qualifies de facto as a Republican as much as I do as a Socialist.

Comment by Cyril — January 12, 2017 @ 1:12 am - January 12, 2017

6. To all the Marco fans: I’m not going to say “I told you so,” but…

Comment by Sean L — January 12, 2017 @ 6:08 am - January 12, 2017

7. So Rubio has turned into a Rhino now

Comment by James — January 12, 2017 @ 6:18 am - January 12, 2017

8. Rubio is such a clown. He really has a very exaggerated opinion of himself.

***sigh***

Comment by Charlotte — January 12, 2017 @ 8:44 am - January 12, 2017

9. Little Marco, living up to his name. Given his opponent in the last Senate race, he was a narrow choice. Once again I held my nose and voted for him, but never again. I long ago stopped giving to his campaign pleas for $$. That stopped after a telephone call from a Rubio campaign staffer who was pushing me for a contribution. Told him to stop calling me and if I got just one more call I would be contributing to and voting for his opponent.

Comment by MaryB — January 12, 2017 @ 8:55 am - January 12, 2017

10. So nobody but me finds it amusing that Hillary’s pick to head the EPA was “some black guy to be named later?”

Comment by V the K — January 12, 2017 @ 9:51 am - January 12, 2017

11. is that a picture of the “lets make a deal” audience?

Comment by salg — January 12, 2017 @ 10:23 am - January 12, 2017

12. Normally, I don’t get into conspiracy stuff, but here I go …

Hillary was supposedly considering Jamie Gorelick for Justice.

The WaPo reports that Jared Kushner’s lawyer is Jamie Gorelick who is a partner in WilmerHale. Jamie Gorelick served as deputy attorney general under President Bill Clinton. Here is Ann Coulter’s account:

(Here’s more fascinating Jamie Gorelick trivia: That giant wall she built between the FBI and the CIA, making 9/11 possible? It was financed with a risky loan from Fannie Mae.)

Under the Democrats’ 2010 “Financial Reform” bill (written by Chris Dodd, Barney Frank and Goldman Sachs), Raines keeps his $90 million, Jamie Gorelick keeps her $26.4 million, and Goldman keeps its $12 billion from the AIG bailout.

Jared Kushner is largely credited with being the brains behind Trump’s win. He has taken a position in the White House as a senior advisor to President Trump and he will take no salary. I trust this Jared Kusher, but I sure would feel better if he would deep-six Jamie Gorelick.

Gorelick always seems to show up on “independent” panels when Democrat reputations are at stake. She was prominent in the machinations of the 9/11 commission.

When the “usual suspects” are “rounded up” she is always one of them.

Comment by Heliotrope — January 12, 2017 @ 10:35 am - January 12, 2017

13. Booker just began his 2020 presidential bid. That is, if the gay rumors don’t get him first.

At the hearing, Sen. Booker says his testifying against Sessions was “a call to conscience.” I see it as a call to MSNBC, CNN, ABC, CBS, NPR, and 60 Minutes for a follow-up interview.

I’m still waiting for a Republican senator (I’m looking at you, Cruz) to debunk Booker’s statements about Sessions’ alleged “racism.” And put it in the Congressional record!

Speaking of which – it appears that Senate Dhimmicrats are engaging in their own version of a recent Chicago hate crime: they kidnap and torture Sen. Sessions until he says “F**K Trump.” You know, the sort of things that Dhimmicrats approve of.

Regards,
    Peter H.

Comment by Peter Hughes — January 12, 2017 @ 10:36 am - January 12, 2017

14. @10 shows how much they really care about global warming/climate change

Comment by salg — January 12, 2017 @ 10:45 am - January 12, 2017

15. Errr…. Has anyone checked to see if Booker’s offices are inspired by Downton Abbey? Or maybe The Young Pope?

Comment by Ted B. (Charging Rhino) — January 12, 2017 @ 10:53 am - January 12, 2017

16. Errr…. Has anyone checked to see if Booker’s offices are inspired by Downton Abbey?

Better yet, compare the travel records of Cory Booker and Aaron Schock.

Comment by RSG — January 12, 2017 @ 12:29 pm - January 12, 2017

17. I trust this Jared Kusher [sic], but I sure would feel better if he would deep-six Jamie Gorelick.

When making evaluations of who-is-in-bed-with-whom, it’s important to remember that most people move in circles (professionally, socially, academically, as well as class-wise) and it’s usually advantageous to draw from within the circle for one’s needs in life. No wealthy person is going to let H&R Block or JacksonHewitt do their taxes; nor are they going to a community health center just to save $200 on an office visit.

It’s a populist rallying cry to claim everyone in power is a den of snakes all coiled up with each other, but it’s nothing that most people don’t do in their everyday lives, albeit on a smaller scale. The small business owner will often use the local plumber who is a pompous jerk who bullies people into doing business with him simply so that the plumber won’t badmouth his business around town. Likewise, Jared Kushner—who the left is now informing us is a stupid dolt who couldn’t have gotten into Hahvahd without a generous check from his corrupt jailbird daddy—might have seen a particular strategic value in maintaining a good relationship with Ms Gorelick. “Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer.”

I think Gerry Spence is a grandstanding egomaniac in addition to a “do as I say, not as I do” liberal, but if I was framed for murder, I’d sure want him as my defense attorney.

Comment by RSG — January 12, 2017 @ 12:49 pm - January 12, 2017

18. [Hillary’s pick to head the EPA] shows how much they really care about global warming/climate change

The most alarming pick on the lists I’ve seen (and there have been several floating around with slightly different names) is who her choice to helm the Department Of Energy might have been: Carol Browner.

Once the 8th Administrator of the EPA under Billy Jeff, she was more recently the Director of the Office Of Energy And Climate Change Policy in the Obama Administration. Whereas the main task of the DOE historically is to keep track of the nation’s nuclear stockpiles, it could have become a government-sanctioned Environmental Defense Fund on steroids, picking winners and losers for “green energy” and further decimating the oil, coal, and gas industries all in the interest of Saving The Planet. Yet another reason to be grateful that the Corrupt Queen was spared her dominion over the nation.

Comment by RSG — January 12, 2017 @ 1:07 pm - January 12, 2017

19. I hope the Libertards are staying-awake at night realizing that not only has their incompetence brought the Republic Pres. Donald J. Trump, but their post-election hissy-fit about nepotism and conflicts-of-interest has succeeded in weaponizing Ivanka and Jared Kushner. Now freed of their earthly burdens to retail and real estate, they can focus their true powers for evil to the political dark arts tthrough control of the East and West Towers of the Trump House.

Kushner 2024?

Comment by Ted B. (Charging Rhino) — January 12, 2017 @ 4:37 pm - January 12, 2017

20. Before the confirmation hearings, Democrats and the media were all up in arms that Trump would pick people who who do exactly what Trump said during the campaign. We can’t have that!

Now, that many of them seem to be independent thinkers and seem to be saying things entirely contrary to what Trump said during the campaign, Democrats and the media are all up in arms that his cabinet WON’T do exactly what Trump said during the campaign. We can’t have that!

Damned if you do, damned if you don’t.

Comment by Craig Smith — January 12, 2017 @ 5:00 pm - January 12, 2017