And Now, Lady Gaga Is a Nazi

Posted by V the K at 9:21 am - February 6, 2017.
Filed under: Pop Culture

The Social Justice Left is mad because Lady Gaga *didn’t* use her half-time show as an occasion to deliver a diatribe against Trump, Republicans, the NRA, capitalism, Christianity, Heterosexuality, carnivores, gluten… and all the other stuff that they hate.

Given an opportunity, @ladygaga dropped the ball, tacitly supporting fascism by doing nada. Remember that when Trump comes for LGBTs. #SB51

It’s OK, though. The SuperBowl advertisers more than made up for it; spending upwards of $15M per spot to virtue signal to the socialist left.  (How this insane idea that Big Business is conservative is still commonly believed I don’t get. Big Business loves Big Government. Regulations keep competitors at bay.)

This anti-Humane Society ad, on the other hand; this I like.

1. I like it when the left eats their young.

Comment by TnnsNe1 — February 6, 2017 @ 9:30 am - February 6, 2017

2. Speaking as a native Houstonian, let me say that Lady Gaga did a very nice halftime show doing what she does best – entertaining the audience. That’s what she was paid to do, and she earned it by leaping from the roof of NRG Stadium.

(I will say that she put a lot more trust in her harness than she does in Trump. But I digress.)

I will also say that she probably knew intuitively that being in Texas – a really, REALLY red state – an anti-Trump message would go over about as well as a fur coat at a PETA rally. So she kept mum. If this had been played in NYC, for example, she would have cut loose. So I give her props for discretion.

The only ads that I found offensive were the Audi ad (“women are worth less than men,” which is rich since Audi has NO WOMEN in its upper corporate hierarchy), and the 84 Lumber ad (where Juanita and Consuela are trying to sneak into the USA). I hope the public backlash against both companies is merciless and never-ending. Period.

All in all, our city pulled it off once again and made us proud to be Houstonians. We also showed everyone that Houston is a nice place to visit AND to live in.

Regards,
    Peter H.

Comment by Peter Hughes — February 6, 2017 @ 10:00 am - February 6, 2017

3. in regard to the humane society, it is what always happens when the Marxists infiltrate an organization, take it over and subvert it purpose to the cause.

Comment by salg — February 6, 2017 @ 10:13 am - February 6, 2017

4. I was impressed with the Hyundai ad that was filmed during the Super Bowl and aired right after the game finished.

Comment by Louise B — February 6, 2017 @ 10:20 am - February 6, 2017

5. Can’t say I am a fan of Lady Gaga, but this much I know about her – she has a head on her shoulders. And more of a mind than is the usual state of being of the regressive left.

Comment by Martel's son — February 6, 2017 @ 11:08 am - February 6, 2017

6. Well, the Left believes its own lies, which is the mark of a good liar. Their constant, century plus agenda of harvesting votes from poor immigrants, which requires constant propaganda & deception has the consequence that their multiple ongoing lies become reality to them. So, even though big business is endemically liberal in order to navigate changing Dem regulation & position itself to rake in cheap labor; the Left continues to believe their own untruths. The GOP Establishment vacillates in their belief of the Left’s lies. Depending on whether they’ve had a good breakfast in the morning.

I don’t like Lady Gaga & will withhold my opinion on her performance & poor general style. Out of deference to the old 70s, 80s band Devo of which she obviously draws her inspiration, because she’s prone to 3rd rate theatrics & the sub-genre of slapstick that most notably resembles vomit. I will say that, as a performer, if she lost some weight she would be able to move faster & be more flexible than my late grandmother, who’s been moldering in her grave for decades.

Comment by Hanover — February 6, 2017 @ 12:17 pm - February 6, 2017

7. @ Peter Hughes: I was pleasantly surprised by how not political Gaga was. It was far more unifying in tone than it could have been. And her show was far more coherent than, say, Madonna’s or Beyoncé’s.

Comment by Sean L — February 6, 2017 @ 12:25 pm - February 6, 2017

8. #7 – Sean, I agree 100%. What really spoke volumes is that at the beginning of her set, she quoted the Pledge of Allegiance, including the line “under God.” That’s when I knew that her “anti-Trump rant” was fake news.

Regards,
    Peter H.

Comment by Peter Hughes — February 6, 2017 @ 12:33 pm - February 6, 2017

9. Sadly, the Anheuser-Busch ad apparently is a fiction invented whole-cloth, in no-way reflecting the actual history of the Adolphus Busch family patriarch. …But why let FACTS get in the way of a Leftist Narrative serving The Cause??

Comment by Ted B. (Charging Rhino) — February 6, 2017 @ 12:47 pm - February 6, 2017

10. Speaking of fake news, this is a great article. It underscores that old Nazi maxim: “A lie told often enough becomes the truth”, and with social media, it spreads like wildfire. A raging fire that cannot be put out. As far as Gaga, I was pleasantly surprised by her performance. And as for Houston, I visited there once to run the Houston Marathon and watch the Olympic Trials for the Marathon the day before. We had an awesome time, the people were friendly and helpful, and the food was THE best! We also got to visit NASA, so that was fun too! I would def go back! The Houston Marathon was so well organized, and they had a pancake breakfast for us in the Astrodome, post-race! The course itself was nice, and the volunteers were awesome!

Here’s the link to the aforementioned article: http://thefederalist.com/2017/02/06/16-fake-news-stories-reporters-have-run-since-trump-won/

Comment by runningrn — February 6, 2017 @ 1:47 pm - February 6, 2017

11. The only ads that I found offensive were the Audi ad (“women are worth less than men,” which is rich since Audi has NO WOMEN in its upper corporate hierarchy) […]

In reality, they have two women out of twelve. But the entire premise of their ad was debunked by one of their tweets after the ad was released last week:

Comment by RSG — February 6, 2017 @ 3:12 pm - February 6, 2017

12. I was watching Fox News/Greg Gutfeld and all of the panelists were p!ssing and moaning. They were SO SURE Gaga was going to be overtly political, to the point of assuming it and chastising her in advance.

Comment by CrayCrayPatriot — February 6, 2017 @ 4:53 pm - February 6, 2017

13. These are the same people who, if a Super Bowl half-time entertainer had taken the opportunity to criticize some policy of Obama’s, would have ranted about how it was disrespectful to the president and shameful even to think about politicizing the Super Bowl.

Comment by Conservative Guy — February 6, 2017 @ 5:10 pm - February 6, 2017

14. I have to tip my hat to Lady Gaga for resisting the urge to pontificate.

She provided a good show and a lot of harmless fun.

Aside: at work, we were trying to figure out how they did the sky effects (the flag, red/blue lights, etc) at the start. We figured that it was a fleet of drones. Opinions?

Comment by KCRob — February 6, 2017 @ 6:47 pm - February 6, 2017

15. In reality, they have two women out of twelve.

That’s on Audi’s management board; their executive board, which I assume Peter was referring to, is more male than a gay bathhouse.

Comment by RSG — February 6, 2017 @ 6:54 pm - February 6, 2017

16. I didn’t watch the Super Bowl (saw Gaga on YouTube) but I was pointed to Audi’s twitter feed the other day… it’s been hijacked by SJWs pushing myths (like the wage gap) and lots of other PCBS.

I’ve been pondering an entry-level luxury car and have been reading up on Audis… they’re off the list. I am sick and tired of being lectured my marketing morons. As VW owns Audi, I guess VW is off the list, too.

Comment by KCRob — February 6, 2017 @ 6:56 pm - February 6, 2017

17. We figured that it was a fleet of drones.

It was. The Super Bowl LI program committee was live tweeting about it last night. I heard this morning that the actual performance was tape-delayed due to the no-fly zone over NRG Stadium during the National Security Event.

Comment by RSG — February 6, 2017 @ 7:00 pm - February 6, 2017