Another Lib’s Journey from Left to Right

Posted by V the K at 5:40 pm - February 6, 2017.
Filed under: Conservative Movement

Long story short, he gave up on the left because it became an intolerant cult. (Which makes me ask, if you still are on the left, why? Do you like being in an intolerant and increasingly violent cult?)

A few choice excepts.

A good friend of mine, who also happens to be an outstanding author, once quipped, “If I am forced to choose a side, I choose the side which is not forcing me to choose sides.”

There was the woman on the street who said, “Go Army, rape those Iraqis!” when she saw me wearing my Army sweatshirt outside my apartment complex on Lake City Way. This somewhat startling comment would be reminded to me a couple of years later, when a classmate at Seattle Central Commun(ist) College told me it was a shame I signed up with the Reserve, because my job was to kill people. Uhhhh, what? Since when does being an HR Specialist at a Garrison Support Unit involve killing people? It got even worse when the students at SCCC began throwing water bottles at Army recruiters, as well as destroying Army recruiter literature. The students ran the recruiters off campus — and cheered themselves doing it!

When the Obama election rolled around later that same year, even being in Utah was not sufficient to insulate me from the same attitudes I used to face routinely in the Puget Sound. Because suddenly, if you weren’t fainting to the ground with love and adoration for Saint Obama, you weren’t just called stupid, you were declared evil. You were RACIST! Because nobody could not vote for Obama, without being a RACIST! could they?

If you weren’t “With Her!” you were deplorable. Everybody who was anybody, was going out of his or her way, to wave the Hillary flag. It was wall-to-wall virtue signalling, dialed to eleven.

1. Which makes me ask, if you still are on the left, why? Do you like being in an intolerant and increasingly violent cult?

Not all of the left is like this. Not even the majority.

Comment by CrayCrayPatriot — February 6, 2017 @ 5:44 pm - February 6, 2017

2. A good account for why people alter their associations with the left. Too many persons in the left are a mean-spirited lot. Too many liberals who know better why the rude behavior is wrong stay silent, and receive the benefits of the rude in their politics. More than anything else, I have watched this occur time and time again, and after enough of this mean marriage, I left the left – and the modern liberal.

Comment by Martel's son — February 6, 2017 @ 7:10 pm - February 6, 2017

3. Craycray – yes, the majority (pretty much all) the left are like that -> intolerant elitist haters. You are either willingly blind to it because you don’t want to admit you are one of them or you are not paying attention

Comment by Sandra — February 6, 2017 @ 7:43 pm - February 6, 2017

4. Brad seems to be a worthy find. It’s nice to see a new generation who values the country, it’s foundation & conservatism. One wonders what his books are like. Military sci-fi? Thank you, VtheK.

Comment by Hanover — February 6, 2017 @ 7:52 pm - February 6, 2017

5. You are either willingly blind to it because you don’t want to admit you are one of them

This says enough about you.

Comment by CrayCrayPatriot — February 6, 2017 @ 8:23 pm - February 6, 2017

6. Again, craycray defends the Looney violent left.

You see, the left takes the actions of a few and applies ihem to the whole. Now, the right can take the actions of many and apply them to the whole. Obviously, you haven’t been paying attention. The left has gone completely bonkers, all over the country. You should be ashamed to be a leftist.

Comment by tnnsne1 — February 6, 2017 @ 8:48 pm - February 6, 2017

7. You see, the left takes the actions of a few and applies ihem to the whole

Where do I do that?

Comment by CrayCrayPatriot — February 6, 2017 @ 9:04 pm - February 6, 2017

8. #7.. The left does that..You are a leftist therefore you do it. Simple leftist logic…Haha sorry there is no such thing.

Funny that craycray wants to be treated as an individual. Sorry, you are a leftist. You are part of the Borg.

Comment by TnnsNe1 — February 6, 2017 @ 9:53 pm - February 6, 2017

9. Funny that craycray wants to be treated as an individual.

Yeah, funny. Considering that’s how I treat everyone on here. Whatever.

Comment by CrayCrayPatriot — February 6, 2017 @ 9:56 pm - February 6, 2017

10. 2 Items that may or may not shatter Vince’s delusions .

1. Bay Area Conservatives meet in secrecy to avoid retribution from progressives.

2. 75% of Democrats think Christianity is as violent or more violent than Islam.

Comment by V the K — February 6, 2017 @ 10:48 pm - February 6, 2017

11. “I hope that in the future when people see Trump isn’t as scary as they think he is and a lot of the good things that happen and the prosperity comes back and the jobs come back, every one calms down a little bit.”

This is probably what will end up happening.

That’s shockingly high. For Independents, it’s 58%. For Republicans, it’s 27%. Those numbers are higher than I’d expect, also.

Comment by CrayCrayPatriot — February 6, 2017 @ 10:56 pm - February 6, 2017

12. This sort of reminds me of a “saying” I heard years ago: “If you are 21 and not a Liberal, you have no soul and if you are 41 and not a Conservative you have no brains.”

Comment by fortdixmike — February 7, 2017 @ 4:46 am - February 7, 2017

13. This sort of reminds me of a “saying” I heard years ago

It’s a paraphrase of one of the many famous quotes of Winston Churchill.

Comment by RSG — February 7, 2017 @ 2:12 pm - February 7, 2017