Another Dire Warning Against Gays Thinking Independently

Posted by V the K at 9:12 am - February 14, 2017.
Filed under: Republican-hatred

A histrionic person named Skylar Baker Jordan is absolutely appalled that some gay people in America don’t hate Republicans they we he does. And he has an entire purseful of tiresome leftist clichés to support his position.

Conservatism in America has literally killed gay people. Thousands lost their lives because of Reagan’s homophobic inaction on Aids. The Vice President of the United States only two years ago signed a license-to-discriminate as governor of Indiana. The right uses religion to deny marriage equality, housing protections, job protections, and even trans peoples’ right to use a public toilet. Conservative Americans are so homophobic and transphobic that the Foreign and Commonwealth Office had to issue a travel alert to LGBT Britons going to North Carolina.

YouTube Preview Image

That is the delusional, paranoid world gay leftists live in every day. AIDS was caused by Reagan not talking about AIDS. (And had nothing to do with bath houses or promiscuous unprotected sex. {In fact, Skylar later in the article praises bath houses as “instrumental in radical sexual politics and political engagement” because that’s how completely fracked up his worldview is.}  Christians who decline to participate in gay weddings is exactly as evil as anything Hitler ever did.

And any gay person who values economic rights, personal liberty, self-defense, and national security more than bath houses and keeping subservient Christian bakers under the bootheel of the bureaucratic state is a traitor and deserves to be ostracized.

Hat Tip: RSG

1. The over the top hysterical comments by this douche bag sum up the drama queen aspect of gay men.

Comment by davinci38 — February 14, 2017 @ 10:16 am - February 14, 2017

2. I wish it were limited to gay regressives. It isn’t. There are feminist regressives. There are black regressives. There are hispanic regressives. There are lots and lots of Muslim regressives.

Anyone who wants to restrict the freedoms of others in order to give themselves more freedom to shirk their responsibilities loves the left and Democrats who promise to take care of them.

And we have seen more of it this past year than at any previous time.

Comment by Craig Smith — February 14, 2017 @ 10:19 am - February 14, 2017

3. The only rights I see being suppressed are those which I hold to be an independent conservative man who happens to be gay. Period.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again – I am more accepted as a gay man at a Tea Party caucus than I am as a conservative at a gay bar. Who’s the hypocrite now?

Regards,
    Peter H.

Comment by Peter Hughes — February 14, 2017 @ 11:27 am - February 14, 2017

4. Except bathhouses & gays having sex didn’t cause AIDS. A virus did. A pandemic caused deaths. “Unprotected” sex was the way of the world back then, unless one was in a brothel or didn’t want a baby. Nothing wrong with my memory, it’s not an opinion.
    Being a capitalist & a proponent of unrestricted commerce, I don’t do boycotts or break anti-discrimination laws. If you don’t think you can serve a portion of the population, you shouldn’t be in business, sell birthday cards with naked men on them or bake wedding cakes on demand, all being nothing to do with religious freedom. If I’m a muslim working at the nearest Walmart lunch counter, I will make a nice ham sandwich & I will sell them. This is the way it’s always worked in America. Unless you’re a Mormon who can’t make a decent cup of coffee or concoct a proper dry martini.
    I was raised a Christian & I don’t wear my religion on my sleeve as if it’s a badge of honor. It’s more than that & no one needs be a victim of my faith.
    The business of America is business & I’m proud that America has gotten past its innate sexual orientation bigotries.

Comment by Hanover — February 14, 2017 @ 1:44 pm - February 14, 2017

5. One more thing, a nice Jew at a proper delicatessen will always make the best ham sandwich & smile while doing it. This being my only supported generalization.

Comment by Hanover — February 14, 2017 @ 1:49 pm - February 14, 2017

6. It’s more than that & no one needs be a victim of my faith.

Nobody ever died because someone wouldn’t bake a cake for them. No one’s a victim unless someone else’s actions causes them quantifiable harm.

Comment by V the K — February 14, 2017 @ 3:43 pm - February 14, 2017

7. And it will be a wonderful sandwich; expertly-made and all the ingredients perfectly balanced.

Unlike at the diversity-hire local franchise drive-thru were it might have been spit-on….and they shorted you on the change.

Comment by Ted B. (Charging Rhino) — February 14, 2017 @ 3:45 pm - February 14, 2017

8. #6. If I walk into a bakery with my hypothetical boyfriend & order a wedding cake & am denied; not only do I suffer quantifiable humiliation but I suffer quantifiable inconvenience. I am a subject of a boycott by someone who rationalizes it all by saying they disapprove of me. Yet, around the corner there might [will] be an equally pious baker who is participating in commerce, minds his own business & puts two little plastic men dolls on a damn cake, without feeling the need to attempt humiliation. All quantifiable. Gays who, in & of themselves in the last century were ridiculed & persecuted [before that it was all don’t ask don’t tell, no one cared], don’t understand these basic facts in favor of the sensibilities of the few – are gays that I do not understand. Cutting off your nose to spite your face is irrational in my book. We’ve had decades of trying to equalize things for many groups in the US. Every group in the US has someone that loathes them, from Protestant men to atheist blacks & everything in between. We have anti-discrimination laws for a reason, they’ve been fought for long & hard by everyone for everyone’s benefit. However there are people that refuse to comply, except when they benefit from the compliance of others.
    However; I do think penalties for non-compliance to anti-discrimination laws are waaaay overboard.

#7. Thanks Ted. I just downed a Whataburger feast & am feeling a bit queezy now.

Comment by Hanover — February 14, 2017 @ 4:27 pm - February 14, 2017

9. I suffer quantifiable humiliation but I suffer quantifiable inconvenience.

Neither of which are fatal or even serious.

IOW, the market will work this out just fine without giving the Government more power to destroy people for not being politically correct.

Comment by V the K — February 14, 2017 @ 4:38 pm - February 14, 2017

10. Sorry VtheK, I yell at people I don’t understand. Bad habit. Works well only on bureaucrats. I get your point, hope you get mine.

Comment by Hanover — February 14, 2017 @ 4:44 pm - February 14, 2017

11. I think I’d rather take a bullet than stand in a two bit bakery being humiliated by a self-righteous so & so. So, yes, it’s quantifiable & it does cause harm.

Comment by Hanover — February 14, 2017 @ 4:46 pm - February 14, 2017

12. You either believe in liberty, or you believe that the Government should police people’s consciences and punish people for wrongthink. I’m sorry, *selectively* punish people for wrongthink. The Islamic Supremacist who refuses to drive a beer truck or allow a dog in his cab will find an ally in Government. The Social Justice Wanker who refuses to rent an apartment to a Trump supporter will find allies in Government and Media. It is Christians, uniquely, who are not afforded Freedom of Conscience.

Comment by V the K — February 14, 2017 @ 6:07 pm - February 14, 2017

13. Overthinking the issue doesn’t work, turning it into a cause for religious freedom when it’s merely economic non-discrimination in character. Overturn anti-discrimination laws & return us to a time when gays, blacks, single women have to navigate their lives according to which vendor, landlord or coach will let them in. This kind of libertarian overthink, ignoring precedent. pragmatism & practicality doesn’t work. We’re a larger population now & it’s not 1955. Laws allow us to live together without people thinking they either need to lynch someone or stab someone else in the gut because of perceived slights or differences in tone & texture.

Comment by Hanover — February 14, 2017 @ 8:44 pm - February 14, 2017

14. If I’m a muslim working at the nearest Walmart lunch counter, I will make a nice ham sandwich & I will sell them.

Hoo-boy, are you behind the times. Muslims take jobs as grocery store cashiers, then refuse to handle alcohol and pork. Muslims take jobs as cab drivers, and refuse to carry seeing-eye dogs, or people with — unopened — bottles of wine.

One Muslim took a waitress job at Disneyland, then refused to serve alcohol or wear the required uniform.

Comment by Robert Crawford — February 14, 2017 @ 10:13 pm - February 14, 2017

15. Laws allow us to live together without people thinking they either need to lynch someone or stab someone else in the gut because of perceived slights or differences in tone & texture.

No law should involve forcing someone to commit an act they consider blasphemous.

Comment by Robert Crawford — February 14, 2017 @ 10:15 pm - February 14, 2017

16. A little hypocrisy on all sides. Christians who won’t bake cakes for immoral gay weddings will bake cakes for Christians who marry atheists? or Baptists who marry Mormons? The list of immoral alliances is quite lengthy or are deep convictions selectively applied? And gay t-shirt shop owners will gladly print up Trump maga shirts? or God hates fags shirts? Jewish owned flag stores must be forced to sell Nazi flags? A simple compromise seems to be that whoever steps inside your establishment you sell your product but whoever enters cannot demand a product you don’t carry. Cakes are for anyone who enters, etc. Just an aside, why would anyone want a food product concocted by someone who is miffed?

Comment by antiphobe — February 14, 2017 @ 10:39 pm - February 14, 2017

17. “I think I’d rather take a bullet than stand in a two bit bakery being humiliated by a self-righteous so & so”
    Yep. And Trump is Hitler.

Comment by exhelodrvr — February 14, 2017 @ 11:29 pm - February 14, 2017

18. Crawford, I didn’t say that Muslims comply. The subtle implication was that they need to comply. Behind the times? You’ve got to be kidding. You can’t live in Urban America without knowing the score. At risk of being accused of being a bigot, I’m definitely not a fan of islam. It’s loud & violent.

There are laws that force all sorts of things, that many different kinds of people consider to be blasphemous, according to whatever god they worship. No one is forcing a baker to be a baker, baking cakes for gays. The Amish get around the non-discrimination directives by living in enclaves & wearing wonderful costumes. Maybe they have the right idea. Let’s all live in separate enclaves where we don’t interact with the outside world.

I guess I’m just a traditional Conservative. I try to mind my own business, do my job without question, make a buck or two. I’d like to deny service to Liberal swine, but I keep my trap shut & do what needs to be done. I might or might not make a stink about a baker that smiles & says his god [Jesus, Jehovah, Heavenly Father] directs him to live an unblemished life without being contaminated by my presence or business.

But, were a foreign cultural element do the same; there would be hell to pay. Muslim clerks avoid me or call for assistance. Pointing out the many things they accidentally eat or handle that contain lard, can be fun! Civilization works when people find common ground.

I don’t think anything less about people who buy a cake, avoid tempests in a teapot & holy rollers, & stick their own plastic wedding dolls on the cake. If they don’t mind being 2nd class citizens in 2017.

Comment by Hanover — February 14, 2017 @ 11:53 pm - February 14, 2017

19. A simple compromise seems to be that whoever steps inside your establishment

No, the solution is for Government to mind it’s own f–king business and let people work this sh-t out for themselves.

Comment by V the K — February 15, 2017 @ 8:42 am - February 15, 2017

20. […] Another Dire Warning Against Gays Thinking Independently  […]

Pingback by The Weekly Headlines – My Daily Musing – Br Andrew's Muses — February 18, 2017 @ 8:49 pm - February 18, 2017