Milo Has to Sincerely Repudiate His Past Statements About Pederasty

Posted by V the K at 9:54 am - February 20, 2017.
Filed under: Gay Politics

With regard to the controversy about Milo Yiannopoulos allegedly defending pederasty; here’s what he has said about the allegation.

“I do not support pedophilia. Period. It is a vile and disgusting crime, perhaps the very worst,” Yiannopoulos stated. “There are selectively edited videos doing the rounds, as part of a co-ordinated effort to discredit me from establishment Republicans, that suggest I am soft on the subject.”

He added that he has exposed three pedophiles in his reporting: Louise Mensch’s former business partner Luke Bozier, anti-Gamergate activist Nicholas Nyberg and tech reporter Chris Leydon.

The Breitbart writer also penned a lengthy attack on pedophiles and their alleged progressive defenders in 2015.

His statement is a bit more unequivocal than Kevin Jennings’s, “The 15 year old I bragged about encouraging to engage in restroom hook-up sex was actually 16 when I encouraged him to engage in restroom hook-up sex.” And the left was all like, “OK, it’s cool. As long as it was technically legal.”

As for the claim that videos were “selectively edited,” I’m skeptical to put it mildly.

Milo should be consistent and forthright in his repudiation of his previoius comments, regardless of whether or how he meant them at the time. It’s important to never even convey the appearance of tolerating sex with underage kids. Paedophilia is disgusting and wrong. Defending it is reprehensible. (And before someone gets technical about the distinction between paedophilia and ephebophilia because, either way, underage kids should be hands off like they were plutonium.) If he is strong and consistent in his position, then I’m willing to give him a shot to redeem himself. If he does a Dan Savage and reverts to prior form after issuing a pro-forma apology, then I’m done with him.

I also don’t think Milo should address CPAC. It’s a socially conservative organization and Milo isn’t a social conservative. Ultimately, that’s between him and the organizers. Who cares what I think?

Update: CPAC disinvites Milo

1. I can fully understand the attraction some younger homosexual men feel towards older men: with age comes experience, wisdom, and (hopefully) stability that the younger man seeks. I can hardly blame a 22-year-old taking a shine for an older man and the two of them being naughty together; hell, I’ve done it myself. Afterwards, we’ve expressed how refreshing we find each other: I because they are less vain, paranoid, or picky than men around my age, and they because they think I’m more mature and thoughtful than other men my age and don’t immediately dismiss them as “ugly old farts.”

I think a good rule of thumb is, don’t publically date somebody who is younger than half your age plus seven. That way, younger men be be associating with men their own age, and once they’ve matured and grown a little, they can take older partners without too much risk of scandal. The only point it gets a little dicey is that by this logic, an 18-year-old could go out with a 16-year old, and a 20-year-old with a 17-year-old; a 21-year-old could date somebody who’s closer to 18 than 17. Which, not quite sure if that’s the end of the world, but I would never condone it in that situation.

Comment by Sean L — February 21, 2017 @ 11:09 am - February 21, 2017

2. I think a good rule of thumb is, don’t publically date somebody who is younger than half your age plus seven.

I’m not sure there is a good rule of thumb that can be reduced to a mathematical formula. I’ve always been attracted to older people in general, from an intellectual standpoint. (Growing up with older aunts & their friends and having a close early relationship with grandparents contributed to that, IMHO.) In the gay world, that has manifested itself in being seen with older men and experiencing chatter that we are an “item” (which has never happened in the way reflective of the commentary).

OTOH, I’ve usually been attracted to younger men (20s-30s) on an emotional & physical level. As I’ve grown older, this has resulted in an interesting dynamic. The guys who are now close to the same age as those who wouldn’t give me the time of day when we were the same age are now “after” me in a way that I find incredulous. The innate skeptic in me always tries to explain it away because they are also “after” something else. Yet, when things settle out, that is almost never the case. They truly enjoy my company (for many of the same reasons Sean stated). Do they have issues? Sure. But no more than the guys my chronological age who are still behaviorally weird or seem to have a psychosexual development of the average 17-year-old. All things equal, I would still rather deal with a twentysomeing who has a good head on his shoulders and is working out things, sometimes messily, than a forty- or fiftysomething who is still stuck in the late 1980s and sees gayness strictly in terms of achieving an orgasm with a gender they are attracted to and says they are interested in “having someone to come home to” but in reality are perfectly happy coming home only to their pet.

Now if we can just eradicate the lockstep indoctrinated thinking that crosses generations in the alphabet soup community, it may one day truly be a better world.

Comment by RSG — February 21, 2017 @ 12:20 pm - February 21, 2017

3. Half your age plus Seven. . .49-50 thus 25 plus 7 32

I have a high school friend who after a long marriage to his high school sweetheart, divorced and remarried, at 60 his new bride is 29. Their situation is complicated because there is talk about creating a family. . .any offspring would be younger than the grandchildren.

Complicated lives.

Another friend, long term State Trooper, in mid 50’s married his 26 year old boyfriend.
    He had been married up until 2000ish but came out with 2 young daughters. Everyone is kewl now but it has been a long adjustment period.

Then another Gay man 49, pushing 50, married a younger man, pretty much the age of his oldest son. Interesting dynamics.

Comment by rusty — February 21, 2017 @ 1:03 pm - February 21, 2017

4. The left-wing Salon.Com has deleted from its website all of its previous articles defending paedophilia.

Thanks for supporting my point, left-wingers at Salon.

Comment by V the K — February 21, 2017 @ 1:12 pm - February 21, 2017

5. Half your age plus Seven. . .49-50 thus 25 plus 7 32

Hmmn. I’ll be there pretty soon. I’m probably going to age as a singleton at this point if I can’t hook Peter H (I think he’s three/four years older than me which is perfect). But, if I can’t find someone ten years older/younger, forget it. I know love comes in different shapes and sizes. But, it would be too weird to be with someone in their 20s or early 30s when I hit 50 (or, likewise, someone in their 60s+). Call me mainstream, old-fashioned, I guess. But, as long as people are happy, I can’t judge. It’s tempting, though. It happens on GP. It’s hard not to get sucked into judging others.

Comment by CrayCrayPatriot — February 21, 2017 @ 2:00 pm - February 21, 2017

6. And, if it’s true, he has my sympathy for having been molested as a child by a priest. [emphasis added]

Okay, I’m spooked by Sean’s telepathic powers, because the thought also occurred to me that Milo invented the “Father Michael” story in order to be sensational.

Part of me suspects that it’s NOT true. We all know there’s a seamy underside in gay male culture that defends the “If there’s grass on the playing field…” principle. Gay teenage boys are fragile creatures who go into a fetal position and cut themselves if mean conservatives vote against same-sex marriage — but they’re emotionally and intellectually competent to handle sex with a 40-year-old man.

P.S. Google on “Alcibiades” and “Socrates” and “Plato’s Symposium“. (Alcibiades and Socrates were both historic figures, but Plato’s version of them should be understood as a parable, not literal truth.)

Comment by Throbert McGee — February 21, 2017 @ 10:17 pm - February 21, 2017

7. The comments I heard on the podcast—from the horse’s mouth—reflect his explantation of his remarks after the fact: that there are effective mentorships between older and younger gay men.

Fair enough. But I would expect an intelligent gay man (not Milo) to realize that even if he himself had been totally curious and eager to fool around with this alleged “Father Michael” and thought it was great fun, it’s possible that this Father Michael had also been with other teenage boys who were NOT so curious, NOT as eager, and had to be psychologically coerced or intoxicated or physically forced.

Comment by Throbert McGee — February 22, 2017 @ 12:09 am - February 22, 2017

8. Milo acknowledged he was abused in his press conference today

Conservative firebrand Milo Yiannopoulos said Tuesday he was sexually abused twice as a child, once by a priest, during a news conference where he apologized for and defended comments he made condoning pedophilia.
    “I am a gay man, and a child abuse victim. Between the ages of 13 and 16, two men touched me in ways they should not have,” he began a news conference in Manhattan. “This isn’t how I wanted my parents to find out about this either.”

Comment by rusty — February 22, 2017 @ 12:52 am - February 22, 2017

9. I hope he gets the help he needs.

Comment by CrayCrayPatriot — February 22, 2017 @ 10:08 pm - February 22, 2017