School Recruits Students for Super Secret Gay Club

The principal and staff at a charter school in Sandpoint, Idaho, set up a secret gay student club and undertook to hide its existence from parents.

Principal Mary Jensen of Forrest Bird Charter School, which runs middle and high school operations, “admitted the secrecy under which school staff and others had operated,” Liberty Counsel says.

School employees even “facilitated kids meeting off-campus at a local library under the supervision of ‘supportive’ third parties.”

“Jensen stated that they wanted to be ‘a progressive school on that sort of thing, but we did not want to be ‘in-your-face’,’ so parents could not prevent their children from attending. She states ‘we’re keeping it kind of on the down low,’ because ‘this is North Idaho,’ and ‘kids who wanted to participate in the club did not necessarily want their parents to know,’” Liberty Counsel explains.

Whatever. We know that leftists go into teaching not because they value learning, but to indoctrinate impressionable children with a left-wing, social justice ideology. So, nothing new, there.

Here’s the funny part.

“Jensen verified that the GSA ‘student led club’ was wholly created by adult staff and outside persons over ‘months’ and that staff then hand-picked and recruited students they believed should be in the GSA,” says Liberty Counsel, whose clients withdrew their child from the school with the letter.

“Hey, Jonny. Me and the other teachers noticed you’re a little light in the loafers. Wanna join our super-secret gay club? How ’bout you Brenda. you seem pretty butch.”

36 Comments »

1. Am I far off to presume the number of muslim kids (whose parents eventually heard of that social experiment) was… a strict zero?

Comment by Cyril — March 19, 2017 @ 12:31 am - March 19, 2017

2. The secret password is Bacha Bazi

Comment by Ted B. (Charging Rhino) — March 19, 2017 @ 12:53 am - March 19, 2017

3. staff then hand-picked and recruited students they believed should be in the GSA

Ohhh myyyyyy…that is beyond the pale. I’m generally supportive of GSAs, as long as they aren’t run by Kevin Jennings-types, but they aren’t band or soccer clubs. They need to be self-selecting, and generally passively available. It’s surprising that this is at a charter school; in my neighborhood charter schools are usually held up as the panacea to what ails the public school system (over much resistance by the area school districts). Though the recruitment efforts are par for the course for most charter schools and their advocates, from what I’ve seen. They are pretty aggressive when it comes to what they see as their “mission”.

Comment by RSG — March 19, 2017 @ 1:05 am - March 19, 2017

4. Am I far off to presume the number of muslim kids (whose parents eventually heard of that social experiment) was… a strict zero?

Muslim kids? In North Idaho?! You’re so funny, Cyril!

Comment by RSG — March 19, 2017 @ 1:07 am - March 19, 2017

5. Wasn’t Milo castigated for something similar?

Comment by Craig E Smith — March 19, 2017 @ 2:06 am - March 19, 2017

6. @4:

Meh. I was asking genuinely.

*Pouts*

Still, to my point:

I dare them to reiterate this, with that population/credo.

Comment by Cyril — March 19, 2017 @ 2:11 am - March 19, 2017

7. (… we’d see how the usual tolerance-all inclusiveness-blah blah blah would fly — not.)

Comment by Cyril — March 19, 2017 @ 2:14 am - March 19, 2017

8. @3:

They are pretty aggressive when it comes to what they see as their “mission”

You/I would think the primary mission of teachers and educators indirectly on the payroll of parents would be to bring objective knowledge and objective skills on objective topics approved by the said parents — and interfering as less as possible on anything subjective pertaining to the individual family values and lifechoices, for the part of education left to be done at home as the parents’ exclusive prerogatives…

… but, how naive you/I would be?

Comment by Cyril — March 19, 2017 @ 2:26 am - March 19, 2017

9. This could be your child. Decriminalize school truancy.

Remember the 8th grade boy who shot a transexual in California? The transexual was encouraged by his teachers. He kissed his murderer during a basketball game the day before his death. He kissed him in the middle of basket ball game he wasn’t playing, while dressed in a dress, in front of a crowd. The perpetrator had gone to the school authorities for help, and gotten none. If a teacher tries to turn your son into a homosexual deviant, is shooting the teacher justified?

Comment by Milwaukee — March 19, 2017 @ 2:38 am - March 19, 2017

10. is shooting the teacher justified?

I don’t know, but I’d sure find a way to sue the crap out of them.

And whether or not it’s sexuality-related, anything done to a kid without the parents’ consent is inexcusable, in my book.

It’s just embarrassing and tiring to have to state the obvious, in these disturbing times where sickos, to entertain their deranged curios in social experimentation, have no problem using other people’s kids as guinea pigs

— and profess surprise when the parents don’t find it quite as cool as they do.

Comment by Cyril — March 19, 2017 @ 3:00 am - March 19, 2017

11. @8

Cyril, I am an elementary school teacher and I agree with your comments. Unfortunately, we deal with a sad reality…parents aren’t teaching their kids ANYTHING at home,especially in low income, “minority” communities like where I teach…they believe in the mantra Hillary started spewing when Billary was in office…”it takes a village to raise a child…” Parents’ job is to send the child to school for all their learning so that they can ignore them or shower them with gifts to keep them out of their hair, that even I can’t afford. This means, then, that the unfortunate fact that many of my colleagues lean center to left, a general intro to the indoctrination occurs. Although, most on our staff hold to the idea that you don’t bring up your personal beliefs unless students are misinformed and need to be presented with facts. Being that I teach both intervention and gifted students, and the theme in GATE this year is US Politics, Civics, and Government, and I have a board with all of the presidents on it, I get to relate facts about things to my students all the time…without pushing my opinions of course. The only real issue is that pretty much all of the 3rd-8th grade teachers show CNN Student News every morning with no discussion afterwards to determine the biases and slanted information.

Comment by TAD — March 19, 2017 @ 3:33 am - March 19, 2017

12. This is ASKING for trouble! This smacks of the people organizing the group being sexual predators. They probably are not, but the situation sounds fishy. Enough already!

Comment by Larry — March 19, 2017 @ 4:09 am - March 19, 2017

13. @11:

Well. There’s only so much you can do.

Myself I come from the lower middle class, but was lucky to have, if not perfect, great parents. Struggling all the way, and yet never surrendering on providing for my brother and I, up to real education, which cannot be anywhere else but at home and out there, in the real world.

Schooling is an implementation detail, an invention : delegating to a third party the transfer for a limited period of time, on a priori delimited topics, a priori agreed upon, and for a price.

I’ve seen poorly educated kids around me of all sorts. Either of uncaring parents of low standards, or silver spoon fed of the kind V the K referred to elsewhere as, “of the mediocre elite”.

I am now a software engineer and I look at the world using different sets of lenses, depending on the topics. But at the end of the day, all our abstraction power means nothing if we lose sight of what is at stake, let people improve their lives vs entrap them on evil schemes of those who live by graft, power, and plunder.

I am a staunch individualist. It is sad, but IMO, you cannot have a kid educated if his/her parents don’t want/don’t care to. Our western world seem to believe that the state and/or corporations can do it instead, and I call bs on it.

But people learn. Communities learn. Just like a brother and sister will learn from each other’s example, say, that boiling water isn’t to be messed with.

The idea that benevolent, self appointed supermen or socio-experiment scientists can dictate to the populaces how to learn, work, and live, is preposterous, if what we allegedly aim at is called “a free society”.

Keep taking the kids as they come to you and teach them what can objectively be named as tangible and universally recognizable, out of any subjective bias. Screw CNN or any other outlet. If some parents have no clue about how their kids could access and triage information by themselves, that’s their problem. But you, at least, you can tell the kids, look, “the more we know, the more there is left to know, ask your parents where they want you to head to, and I’ll show them how it’s possible.”

Our kids are ours.

Nobody, not even governments or Nobel Prizes can replace us in making them our prolonging, for our legacy, our posterity.

Peace.

Comment by Cyril — March 19, 2017 @ 4:57 am - March 19, 2017

14. * delegating to a third party the transfer of knowledge, and that’s it

Comment by Cyril — March 19, 2017 @ 4:59 am - March 19, 2017

15. Meh. I was asking genuinely.

Sorry, I wasn’t trying to be unnecessarily flip. For those who don’t know, Northern Idaho (usually refereed to as “North Idaho”) has long been a refuge for those who identify with the white supremacist and white nationalist movements. When Mark Furhman, the detective who perjured himself in the OJ Simpson murder trial retired from the LAPD, it was no surprise to those who were familiar with him that he moved to Sandpoint ID, given his proven racially inflammatory statements. Others of a similar mindset have also moved there in the past decade or so.

That said, most regular GPers would have no issues with living there: it’s a conservative, patriotic locale—and they love guns. But those who are observant and/or traditional Muslims would not find it a very comfortable place to live and any attempts to build a mosque, for example, would not succeed. Which was the whole point of my comment. I’m not saying that no Muslims live there, but if they do, they would keep a very low profile. Protesting an action by any school would not be something they would want to do if they wished to keep living there.

Comment by RSG — March 19, 2017 @ 5:10 am - March 19, 2017

16. No worries. That was tongue in cheek. But I did totally miss the Idaho part in my first comment, so thanks, actually 🙂

Comment by Cyril — March 19, 2017 @ 5:14 am - March 19, 2017

17. This also flies in the face of laws already on the books, and being proposed in some states which make performing transitioning therapy illegal because it could be psychologically damaging.

Well, what about the opposite, which is happening here, and with minor children when it comes to determining “gender identity”?

For example, not everyone matures emotionally at the same rate. You could have a child who is 14-15 but still has not come to grips with the changes in their body, so they decide to step back, socially, until they get a better feel for things. Some teachers see this as a clear sign that the child is actually gay (a diagnosis they should not make, since they do not have the medical license to do so) and encourage them to join the club. They do, they get showered with attention from other, older students AND teachers [remember Milo’s talk about pederasty?], ends up having several sexual encounters, then, in a year or two, realizing that it was not for him, tries to leave the group, but is already thought of by teachers and other students as gay, and with today’s attitude that it is immutable, try to get him to see the error of his ways.

Could not this student end up extremely homophobic? Would that not constitute psychological damage?

Comment by Craig Smith — March 19, 2017 @ 8:08 am - March 19, 2017

18. I note that this was a “charter” school, so that means it is publicly funded. Therefore, what was the “compelling state interest” in creating this group and hiding it from general opinion?

So, trot the facilitators forth and lets all hear the mission statement, the supporting evidence and the choice ladder which impelled the school to take on this wonderment of social justice and social engineering.

On the flip side, the same geniuses assembled for the defense should be permitted to explain why the Christian Alliance is verboten. (Oh, I know, being Christian is a “choice” and being straight or gay is factually, actually something that needs an alliance run by spooks with a plan.)

Actually, I rather favor a breeding program based on IQ, good looks, physique and hooters.

Comment by Heliotrope — March 19, 2017 @ 8:34 am - March 19, 2017

19. more evidence that the left think your children belong to them.

Comment by salg — March 19, 2017 @ 10:48 am - March 19, 2017

20. All your kids are belong to us.

Comment by Juan — March 19, 2017 @ 10:58 am - March 19, 2017

21. @11: TAD – for all the disdain I have for the educational-indistrial complex, I find it tough to fault front line teachers for our current mess. Teaching must be one of he toughest occupations there is right now (at least for people that actually want to *teach*).

A recent story from OKC tells us that only 1 in 5 school kids can read a clock. This used to be a skill parents taught and/or that kids with any curiosity whatsoever used to learn on their own.

I’m sure the demographic makeup of the OKC student body has nothing at all to do with anything here so forget that I mentioned it.

Comment by KCRob — March 19, 2017 @ 11:29 am - March 19, 2017

22. Muslim kids? In North Idaho?!

IIRC, the Chobani yogurt guy has a plant in Idaho and has been importing Mohammedans by the planeload to work there; both as cheap labor and to establish another Mohammedan colony in North America. This has been aided and abetted by the Obama regime’s policies of shunting Mohammedan colonists into small red states like Idaho, Montana, and South Dakota (rather than large cities with established immigrant populations and social services which would make logical sense) as part of the long-term Democrat project to Californicate the rest of the USA through mass third-world immigration.

Comment by V the K — March 19, 2017 @ 11:45 am - March 19, 2017

23. Twin Falls and Sandpoint are at opposite ends of the State.

Comment by rusty — March 19, 2017 @ 11:55 am - March 19, 2017

24. This corporate investment has brought more federal money into the state. In 2015, local TV news station KMVT reported that the Commerce Department designated Twin Falls as a “top 12 US manufacturing community.”

Because of this federal designation, the Southern Idaho region will receive a number of direct and significant benefits.

Including: preferential consideration for federal funding; food–related talent attraction and training opportunities; direct access to federal economic development resources; and national branding opportunities, just to name a few.

Comment by rusty — March 19, 2017 @ 11:56 am - March 19, 2017

25. In 2014, Ireland-based Glanbia announced an $82 million local expansion, which was hailed by Idaho’s Republican Governor:

This is yet another exciting announcement for the Magic Valley to see one of its own home-grown companies expand and create new jobs,” said Governor C.L. “Butch” Otter. “We are particularly thrilled that we were once again able to leverage the Tax Reimbursement Incentive to support the growth of an existing Idaho company.”

Comment by rusty — March 19, 2017 @ 11:58 am - March 19, 2017

26. Rusty, are you hinged?

Try as I might, I can not find any connection between your com ments and the topic other than “Idaho.”

Why didn’t you tell us about general health and sex habits of …… oh, look a squirrel with an Idaho registration on its skate board.

Comment by Heliotrope — March 19, 2017 @ 4:06 pm - March 19, 2017

27. See 22 heliotrope

Comment by rusty — March 19, 2017 @ 4:23 pm - March 19, 2017

28. The refugee settlement in Twin Falls

Comment by rusty — March 19, 2017 @ 4:26 pm - March 19, 2017

29. Any time an adult says to a child “…and don’t tell your parents, it’s a secret.“, the handcuffs should come out, and not in a good way.

Comment by Ted B. (Charging Rhino) — March 19, 2017 @ 5:34 pm - March 19, 2017

30. It’s usually the uglies that do this kind of crap. These people consider themselves heroes b/c they think they’re enlightening us to those forbidden things our folks are too “hung up” about.

Creeps.

I was at college in the late 70’s. The lesbian stick-lady professor I had for English tried to “learn me” on gaydom and took me to Christopher Street via PATH train once.

The year before, one of the priests propositioned me in a trade to not flunk me in a course I was doing awfully in. Considering the priest was a looker, I’d have chosen him over stick-lady, any day.

But actually I was interested more in my classmate Alice and declined both of these doofuses. I dunno why kids can’t tell when they’re being derailed by adults…

Comment by RGB — March 19, 2017 @ 5:50 pm - March 19, 2017

31. I am very old school. When I heard of a woman being called a “battleaxe” I assumed it simply meant an argumentative woman.

Then, some years ago, I happened to pass by the University’s meeting room for LGBT students and saw the logo for the Lesbian Alliance. A battleaxe.

I had to leave quickly, lest I be heard laughing there.

Comment by Craig Smith — March 19, 2017 @ 6:31 pm - March 19, 2017

32. @ #4 Isn’t Chobani in Idaho? They hire virtually nothing but muslim “refugees”.

Comment by The Gentle Grizzly — March 20, 2017 @ 2:34 am - March 20, 2017

33. @21:KCRob…the clock thing is an issue everywhere…it is deemed an unnecessary skill since everything is now digital

Comment by TAD — March 20, 2017 @ 2:58 am - March 20, 2017

34. @ #4 Isn’t Chobani in Idaho?

Yes, as V the K noted, they have a large plant, but it’s in Twin Falls, which is southern Idaho. North(ern) and Southern Idaho are not unlike Northern and Southern Illinois, although not quite as dramatic. Southern Idaho is flatter and more conducive to traditional farming (hence facilitating something like yogurt production); North Idaho is more rugged and historically dependent on occupations which thrive in such terrain, like logging & mining.

Southern Idaho is also home to the only Air Force base, which also tends to bring in more diversity to a geographic area. Boise/Nampa is a bustling business & technology hub, which also brings in outsiders who feel comfortable in sticking around. Though with the population influx in recent years, there have got to be North Idahoans who are hoping that all the diversity doesn’t make its way north.

Comment by RSG — March 20, 2017 @ 3:55 am - March 20, 2017

35. Craig re: battleaxe story – Priceless. 🙂

Comment by RGB — March 20, 2017 @ 10:47 am - March 20, 2017

36. “Um….doesn’t that smack of the idea of “recruiting” that they claim never occurs?

Comment by Craig Smith — March 19, 2017 @ 8:08 am – March 19, 2017”

The correct term is “grooming”, as in preparing these unfortunate victims to be exploited.

Comment by Milwaukee — March 20, 2017 @ 11:50 am - March 20, 2017