Irrelevant, Obsolete Democrat Front Group Soldiers On

Posted by V the K at 4:09 pm - March 19, 2017.
Filed under: Gay Politics

The Human Rights Campaign recently held a plush soiree featuring Democrat senators and left-wing B-List celebrities.  With gay marriage forced on the US by the Supremes, is there any reason for this organization to even still exist? Except to exist as a Democrat-Left front organization? Probably not, but throwing parties for senators and cable TV celebrities has to vastly superior to any jobs these people could get in the real world.

28 Comments »

1. Their website shows they now champion “marginalized communities” & they’re requesting Trump to help these communities that are supposedly under attack. Their tagline is, Advocating for [alphabet gay] Equality {dash} Human Rights Campaign.

Apparently the Left’s gays are under attack by someone. I’m guessing it’s about the bathrooms for the mentally ill gender confused again. That’ll be an ongoing project but I just don’t see it as a big fund raiser anymore. Even the Libs are sick of it.

Comment by Hanover — March 19, 2017 @ 4:40 pm - March 19, 2017

2. Bunch o’ HOMO secks u ELLs

I don’t mind ‘HoMo’ or jus ‘Mo,

FAG gets tossed around.

But for the most part my fave is Gaggle of Gays
    When socializing.

Belated Happy Anniversary to the Pi guy and his hubby
    Two years wedded bliss?

Comment by rusty — March 17, 2017 @ 8:20 pm – March 17, 2017

Comment by rusty — March 19, 2017 @ 5:10 pm - March 19, 2017

3. By the Gods Old and New fortend they actually do something useful like getting ENDA passed.

But no, …they’ll just blow the dog-whistle and bang the drums for Tranny Rights and Bathroom Roulette to generate million$ to spend on lavish salaries, 1st-class travel and 5-star hotels.

Comment by Ted B. (Charging Rhino) — March 19, 2017 @ 5:30 pm - March 19, 2017

4. Like racism, US gays will linger in mortal peril… at least while there’s money to be made.

Comment by KCRob — March 19, 2017 @ 6:09 pm - March 19, 2017

5. With marriage came the moment for a great party, and closing these groups down. However, the left (like evil) never dies.

On with the transgender loons, and don’t forget – we need the money, and now bend over, and let us at your goodies (ie wallet)…

Comment by Martel's son — March 19, 2017 @ 6:45 pm - March 19, 2017

6. and now bend over, and let us at your goodies (ie wallet)

Yup.

Forget credos, races, social classes, sexual, lifestyle, … preferences.

Only two groups of people in this world:

1) those who function by graft, deception, and plunder

2) the others.

Comment by Cyril — March 19, 2017 @ 6:57 pm - March 19, 2017

7. Happy St Joseph day, everyone.

Comment by Cyril — March 19, 2017 @ 7:00 pm - March 19, 2017

8. “Every great cause begins as a movement, becomes a business, and eventually degenerates into a racket.”

― Eric Hoffer, The Temper of Our Time

Comment by Roy Lofquist — March 19, 2017 @ 7:16 pm - March 19, 2017

9. OK, color me geriatric. I had no clue what lurked behind the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) nom de guerre. [You say HRC and I think Hillary Ratman Clintoon.] It’s motto: “Working for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Equal Rights.” HRC asks you to donate and “join a grassroots force of more than 1.5 million members and supporters standing together for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer equality”.

Now I am further confused about what constitutes “queer”. Is cannibalism “queer” or something else? How about doing your dog or a goat? Can we get some clarity here?

The other confusion to which I confess is what constitutes “equality”. I once climbed mountains with skill and stamina. Now my stamina is a fading memory and a 20 foot climbing wall is plenty enough for me. So, I demand equality, darn it! Someone needs to put me back the way I wuz or I should be able to sue somebody for something, right?

It is not intellectual or even intelligent to insist that one’s definition of an ambiguous term is a universal. Aristotle tossed general egalitarianism out when he laid down the fallacy of the undistributed middle term. But generations and centuries and millennia of fools still think they have the brilliance to defeat all of the vexations of imprecise language.

I admire the head of the HRC for caging a scheme to parcel out $38 million annually. You can be sure he is living large. Like Planned Parenthood, siring up a pot of righteous misery really pays.

And does anyone think that Tim Kaine shows up on his own dime? Think of what they could have sucked up if they had gotten Moochelle or Obambi.

Comment by Heliotrope — March 19, 2017 @ 7:25 pm - March 19, 2017

10. Seriously, if I have a receptionist opening for my imaginary office, do I have to hire a tattooed lady with 20 pounds of stuff stuck through her tongue, nose and lips? I’m talking “equality” here.

Given enough time, yes, eventually, you will (have to).

That’ll be right before they tell you what her minimum wage raise ought to be, correction, must be, by force of law.

Should you need to close your own business becoming unprofitable?

They’ll help you with that — before she gets a chance to sue you.

Your business ain’t needed anyway.

Dear gubermint will make up for it and create better job than you, evil capitalist, would ever do.

Comment by Cyril — March 19, 2017 @ 7:58 pm - March 19, 2017

11. My friend gets the Human Rights campaign newsletter. In the letter it said:

The Trump-Pence administration, would allow LGBTQ discrimination across all facets of the government

Dangerous legislations in more than 20 states that targets LGBTQ people and would strip us of our right

Supreme Court nominees like Neil Gorsoch, a judge in the mold of Antonin Scalia, who has a deeply troubling record on LGBTQ issues throughout his career

Politicians in Congress and the White House made promises to our adversaries, undermining justice and equality for all

Comment by pawfurbehr — March 19, 2017 @ 9:23 pm - March 19, 2017

12. If you ever bought one of their hats at a parade or Pride event, “congratulations you now a member.” If you bought TWO of their hats, that’s two new members. If they validated your parking, that’s 4 new members …and a hat.

Comment by Ted B. (Charging Rhino) — March 19, 2017 @ 9:57 pm - March 19, 2017

13. They would never get a job at a major company because they whine and sue at the drop of a hat. Who wants that kind of misery?

Comment by davinci38 — March 19, 2017 @ 10:18 pm - March 19, 2017

14. I had no clue what lurked behind the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) nom de guerre.

A bit of history for our resident historian. The group started out as The Human Rights Campaign Fund. In the mid-90s the ‘Fund’ was dropped and the current name was adopted. When I was working with local organizations in a large city of my former acquaintance, we referred to them as “The Champagne Fund”. It still applies. They were initially an outlet for individuals who wanted to do something for the cause but didn’t know what and were able to throw a few bucks their way. They also gave an opportunity to combine the love of parties with the desire to make money and thus was born their national & regional Gala Dinners. Their greatest contribution has been to suck money out of local communities and send it to their palatial HQ in DC and to be the model for self-perpetuating organizations everywhere. But they are very good at what they do, which is why they have eclipsed every other LGBTQXYZ organization out there. They’ve done so in part by glomming on to a particular cause in The Movement at just the right time to rake in the dough.

Careful observers will note that they were lukewarm at best when it came to “marriage equality”, a scant 10-15 years ago. But when others succeeded in making it a cause celebre, they were there to capitalize on the effort. (Emphasis on capitalize.) So it is now true with tranny rights. Not too long ago, they couldn’t give two shats about anything remotely related to gender dysphoria, as long as the appropriate evening wear was displayed at one of their dinners. Now, of course, it is the Most Pressing Issue—as long as it continues to be a cash cow.

No doubt. It’s pretty good for someone who started out as what Clinton crony Paul Begalla would call a ‘butt boy’ for Bubba’s first run for the White House. That transformed into a staffer position in the Executive Branch and later, once the halcyon days were over and both the institution of marriage and the military was protected from “those people”, he slithered into his current position after former head money grubber Elizabeth Birch went on to other pastures. He’s continued to be a Clinton crotchlicker, telling the nation at DNC ’16 that he spoke for every LGBTQXYZ person when he repeated the holy mantra of “I’m With Her!” He even succeeded in getting himself portrayed in the recent ABC presentation of When We Rise. (Fortunately for the sake of history the portrayal wasn’t quite as flattering as he probably would have liked.) All in all, nice work if you can get it. (Yet another person who’s never had a Real Job.) If he doesn’t get run over by a truck, I would imagine the ultimate goal is something like a seat on the US Commission On Civil Rights in a President Chelsea Clinton administration.

And does anyone think that Tim Kaine shows up on his own dime?

Well, he doesn’t get paid for his appearance; but no, the citizens of the Commonwealth pay for it through their subsidy of Congress. For an organization that wins bigly when it comes to fundraising, they sure know how to associate with political losers (and this year, entertainment losers; given their National Dinner’s keynote’s loss at the Academy Awards.)

Comment by RSG — March 19, 2017 @ 11:44 pm - March 19, 2017

15. […] they actually do something useful like getting ENDA passed.

Oh give them another 20 years or so…they’ll get around to it. But the Gala Dinners don’t plan themselves, you know. Despite their propaganda, they’ve only succeeded in passing one piece of legislation in the last 25 years: the Shepard/Byrd Hate Crimes Act. They’re like the numerous diseased kid organizations who constantly claim “We’re this close to a cure!”—and have been making the same statement for the last thirty years. Except for HRC, it’s good times when a Democrat is in power giving lip service and a retreat to the Dark Ages when a Republican is in charge. If they were responsible for fighting anti-Semitism and global domination in World War II, we’d all be speaking German or Japanese now.

You forgot to add “Or filled out one of their ‘surveys’ and received an omnipresent blue square decal with a yellow ‘=’ sign.” That’s how they got their massive database. And should one find themselves in the unfortunate position of being at an event where one of their sign-up sheets is passed around like a save-the-church-from-closing-its-doors collection basket, never give them your real phone number. You will be hounded endlessly for contributions to Chad Griffin’s golden parachute.

Comment by RSG — March 19, 2017 @ 11:51 pm - March 19, 2017

16. Outside of Boystown and the Gayboorhood, typically if you see a car with the HRC “Equal” decal, it’s driven by coupled-Lesbians.

Personally I prefer the NRA decal…

And no, StarFleet Academy doesn’t cut it anymore. [**shudder**]

Comment by Ted B. (Charging Rhino) — March 20, 2017 @ 12:20 am - March 20, 2017

17. Speaking of fronts and attacks…

Beware the most deceptive ones.

Alain Soral analyzes the engineered self-hatred overtaking in France

Comment by Cyril — March 20, 2017 @ 2:03 am - March 20, 2017

18. If you want to know who the real enemy of America is:

watch he who systematically spits, disparages, looks down on the birth of this country, her founding fathers, her founding principles.

Do not become today’s very sick (not dead yet) France.

Comment by Cyril — March 20, 2017 @ 2:16 am - March 20, 2017

19. PS. I’ve shared this Alain clip, because sadly, even him seems to have missed how much America has been infected with anti-american “values”.

But, I, in just 7 years, could damn well see it,.

America’s moral heading, 2008-2017, at my best wild guess, has gotten very close to my 1981-1988 France, the first time our socialists took power after WWII. And we French are now very sick, plus dealing with a monstruous tick called the EU, sucking out what’s left of our sovereign “life”.

The Donald is far from being perfect but I encourage all americans to make the best profit possible out of this pause after the last 2008-2017 anti-american period.

For America’s own sake.

My very best wishes.

Comment by Cyril — March 20, 2017 @ 2:36 am - March 20, 2017

20. History Matters

Comment by Cyril — March 20, 2017 @ 2:42 am - March 20, 2017

21. And poor Sweden, too, btw… Competing in self-hatred with France, I guess. This one is quite appalling:

Butchering Bernie Sanders’… Lies (to the Ignorant)

Sorry, the grass isn’t that much greener, in the Swedish paradise:

2/2017

Comment by Cyril — March 20, 2017 @ 3:40 am - March 20, 2017

22. @ 16, good one about the bumper sticker!

Comment by Pawfurbehr — March 20, 2017 @ 6:59 am - March 20, 2017

23. RSG, many, many thanks. Your distillation of this grifter group is as I suspected it might be.

The second post above this post, V the K brings us the “Chelsea Clinton Update”. These two posts are about positioning and posturing in the saprophytic grifting scam world.

Many posts in the past have referenced the HRC, but now I feel educated about its full farce status. Thanks, again.

Comment by Heliotrope — March 20, 2017 @ 12:14 pm - March 20, 2017

24. Cyril’s comments above impel me to add an “off thread” source which I value greatly.

Don Surber has just posted his “Media Misses Story of its Lifetime” and it is very instructive. Don Surber is an old school gun-shoe newspaper man who covered all of the who, what, where, how, when and even the occasional why in his reporting. Since you can’t find that much anymore, he is a true delight to follow.

I morph from the HRC to Surber in so tangential a manner that even I am confounded by how I got there. Oh, well. I think it is because Cyril has introduced Alain Soral to my list of sources.

Comment by Heliotrope — March 20, 2017 @ 12:25 pm - March 20, 2017

25. Like I always tell my conservative friends – I can sum why I’ll never be a Dem up in 5 words: I. Am. Not. A. Victim.

🙂

Comment by COFlyerCLE — March 20, 2017 @ 1:02 pm - March 20, 2017

26. @24: you’re much welcome.

In regards to French and European history, Alain Soral is our Edward G. Griffin.

His most accurate account of what is actually happening in France for the real, common French people is next to having lived there for the last 30 or so years, I’d put this way. As I’ve remarked, he is only mildly familiar with the american leftism disease, but he still could remark Ron Paul years ago, for instance.

Unlike Edward G. Griffin I presume/hope, he has to go around with bodyguards (you know, the “anti-fa’s”) when on his way to conferences, or defending his cases in courts against the French socialist state wrt. the history books he writes on our post-French Revolution taboos.

Comment by Cyril — March 20, 2017 @ 1:03 pm - March 20, 2017

27. (he ranks well among the French with the biggest balls alive — as far as I can see)

Comment by Cyril — March 20, 2017 @ 1:13 pm - March 20, 2017

28. Just checked again his WP, still fairly objective, AFAICT. He is interesting as one of these rare survivors who had a brutal waking up (in the mid 90s in his case) to what leftism really is — the usual 180 degree turn which then makes those become the staunchest opponents of our globalists, etc, etc.

Comment by Cyril — March 20, 2017 @ 1:41 pm - March 20, 2017