There’s a Reason We Call Them ‘Snowflakes’

Posted by V the K at 8:46 am - March 29, 2017.
Filed under: Pop Culture

If your self-esteem is so precarious that a joke can endanger it, maybe Chappelle isn’t the one with the problem. https://t.co/kbrHf8E9nFpic.twitter.com/Bnki6MWo4M

— Jim Treacher(@jtLOL) March 29, 2017

And I think this Tweet sums up everything:

Imagine being so ignorant that you’d ignore a person’s gender, ethnicity or sexual preference and just treat them the same as everyone else.

1. Snowflakes freak out over what disturbs them. In order to insulate snowflakes from exposure to triggers of freak outs, it is necessary to redesign society so that everyone is conditioned to totally avoid anything which might trigger a snowflake freak out.

“People” and “person” are trigger concepts. Both words reek of distinctions and individuality which leads to the trigger concepts of gender, ethnicity, sexual preference, etc.

Thus, society should be homogenized into “units”. Particular attention must be paid to plasticizing the totality of units into an amalgamation called the “totality.” No differentiating characteristics may be assigned to “units” except for “victim units” which shall be privileged above the “totality” and worshiped.

The “totality” must be obedient to any and all “victim units” as a prophylactic method of preventing “freak outs.” Any unit in the totality who triggers “freak outs” must be de-plasticized and lobotomized. This creates the “drooling unit” which is entirely separate from a “victim unit”. “Drooling Units” may be assigned to “victim units” to serve the “victim unit” in whatever way insulates the “victim unit” from being triggered.

Comment by Heliotrope — March 29, 2017 @ 10:37 am - March 29, 2017

2. Godfrey Elfwick is rapidly becoming one of my new favorite people on Twitter. I love his name. I also imagine him to be about 4’9″ tall.

Comment by RSG — March 29, 2017 @ 12:00 pm - March 29, 2017

3. Speaking of pop culture and/or snowflakes, I woke up this morning to TIME magazine promoting a new book where Santa is gay and in an interracial relationship and the Outrage Machine outraged over “45”‘s decision (because you know he personally did it right before his 4 AM tweetstorm) to drop the LGBTQXYZ interrogation questioning from the 2020 Census, thus magically rendering every such person “invisible”.

I can’t wait to see what the rest of the day brings…

Comment by RSG — March 29, 2017 @ 12:04 pm - March 29, 2017

4. Elfwick is one of the most effective anti-regressive trolls on the internet today.

As of these snowflakes offended by a joke… are you offended because he’s misrepresenting you? Because he’s not being polite enough? Or because his jokes are a little too close to the mark for your comfort and agenda?

Comment by Sean L — March 29, 2017 @ 12:19 pm - March 29, 2017

5. Speaking of tweets, feelings, and come backs…

You’ve got to admit, it all looks like a world championship in face palming has been going on for quite a while.

Comment by Cyril — March 29, 2017 @ 12:21 pm - March 29, 2017

6. Here’s what I don’t understand: why are the words ‘white’ and ‘privileged’ now synonyms? I have asked many to tell me exactly how white and privilege go together and none can answer satisfactorily. They speak in circles or restate the question I have asked. They never tell me exactly how by simple virtue of the fact that I am white I am privileged. They simply just continue saying I am without defining how. And I am evil because of it. I have worked just as hard as anyone else and lost out on many opportunities to “minorities” due to my whiteness. How does that make me privileged? I genuinely do not get it.

Comment by TAD — March 29, 2017 @ 12:41 pm - March 29, 2017

7. @6:

It’s only one of the subsequent divisive traits springing off the broader phenomenon / carried out scheme called Cultural Marxism; Stefan discussed it quite comprehensively a while back:

Why / How Cultural Marxism is destroying America

Comment by Cyril — March 29, 2017 @ 1:25 pm - March 29, 2017

8. Here’s what I don’t understand: why are the words ‘white’ and ‘privileged’ now synonyms?

So what they are looking at when they say such things is that because the dominant majority of the populace in Western European countries and those that emanate from them–like the USA–has been white for eons, that is where the base of power is. Anytime you, as an individual, are part of the base of power, you are bestowed with qualities that the base of power has—even if you did not ask for them or are otherwise disadvantaged.

One of the most often-used examples is of when a Black individual and a white individual of similar backgrounds walk into a retail store, the odds are more favorable that the Black individual will be judged to be a potential shoplifter whereas the white person will not. That is what they would believe to be an example of “white privilege” where the white person has an inherent advantage that the Black person does not. Is this form of ‘profiling’ rational? In some cases, no. In other cases, where the majority of clientèle happens to be Black and the rate of inventory loss due to shoplifting or scamming is high, then a reasonable assumption of causal relationship can be made. Thus, tailing of Black shoppers is not race-based, but demographically based. However, many SJW types would still see it as an example of white privilege, even if a white shopper wasn’t aware of the demographics of the store and may be surveilled because of other reasons (such as age & gender).

What the people who can’t explain the ideology don’t realize is that, according to the theory, everyone has some type of privilege. A single woman could hang around a public pool area for an extended period of time and few would see any issue; in fact, she would likely blend into the background after awhile. A single male, however, would be eyed with suspicion after a certain point in time, particularly if children were in the area. This would be an example of “female privilege”.

Similarly, “Black privilege” exists, even if some would like to pretend it doesn’t. I can go to a relatively safe part of the South Loop in Chicago and be the only white person for blocks. I stick out like a sore thumb (a sore white thumb). Do I notice it? I sure do—much like a Black person would notice a security presence in many stores. I can attempt to travel further south in Chicago and have all sorts of people who are looking out for my safety inform me that I need to head in the opposite direction ASAP because I have the wrong skin color. While that concern is admirable, it highlights the issue with segregation in society. Why shouldn’t I be able to go to public parts of a particular city without a security detail? And why is this not an example of Black privilege? (Many SJWs would say it’s a false one.)

Of course the ultimate goal of throwing around the term “white privilege” is to minimize the contributions and impact of anyone Caucasian and to place them into irrelevance in as many parts of society as possible. It’s one of the few cases where open discrimination is not only tolerated (because, historical imbalance, etc) but celebrated. This is how crazy the desire for ‘social justice’ has become.

Comment by RSG — March 29, 2017 @ 2:24 pm - March 29, 2017

9. Of course the ultimate goal of throwing around the term “white privilege” is to minimize the contributions and impact of anyone Caucasian and to place them into irrelevance in as many parts of society as possible.

I think there is also another “agenda”. It helps give a “pass” to those who can’t compete. “You didn’t fail because of lack of effort or lack of talent. You failed because you don’t have (insert privilege here).” It removes all personal responsibility for one’s failures in life.

Comment by TnnsNe1 — March 29, 2017 @ 4:14 pm - March 29, 2017

10. It helps give a “pass” to those who can’t compete. “You didn’t fail because of lack of effort or lack of talent. You failed because you don’t have (insert privilege here).” It removes all personal responsibility for one’s failures in life.

You mean gives an ‘excuse’, of course. Absolutely. In my view, the biggest reason for poor outcomes in minority-majority schools and school systems isn’t unionized teachers, a lack or adequate funding, or sparsely available teaching materials; it’s the pervasive message that “you will never be able to succeed because you’re poor and/or Black/Latino/mixed race”. Da Man gonna always keep you down and ain’t nobody gonna beat Da Man. The worst part is that the parents of these kids are the biggest believers in the concept.

Comment by RSG — March 30, 2017 @ 6:26 am - March 30, 2017