V just nailed it, in another post:
“Those ignorant bitter-clinger hicks in flyover rust belt states hate women and are so stupid they fell for Russia’s tricks,” is the essence of [the Left’s explanation for the 2016 election].
In other words, saying “Russia hacked our election”…
- …is an insult – to the American people. That’s one thing wrong with it. But, there’s more.
- No one ever disputes that the DNC and Podesta e-mails that came out, were genuine. In other words: the hacking/leaking gave the voters true and relevant information about a major candidate’s wrong-doing and shady dealings.
When I was a kid, we had the original “-gate” scandal. It was this thing called Watergate. One of Watergate’s lessons, supposedly, was that if a major politician is up to no good, it doesn’t matter how the information comes out. It’s only important that it comes out. So that the voters will know.
Whoever leaked the DNC and Podesta emails didn’t “attack” or “harm” or “undermine” our democracy. They enhanced it. *Because* the information was 100% true and relevant in this case, the hackers/leakers did our democracy a big favor. Whoever they were.
- And, if we are supposed to worry about interference in our elections/democracy, then…
- What about Hillary’s dependence on Saudi Arabian money? Saudi Arabia is one of the most anti-gay and anti-woman countries on Earth. Can we talk about how Saudi Arabia has hacked our democracy?
- Why don’t we talk about Bill and Hillary hacking our democracy, with their massive pay-for-play corruption and scandals? Or Hillary’s cheating in the debates? (part of what the e-mails exposed)
- Why don’t we talk about the Controlled Media hacking our democracy, with their tyranny of Fake News?
Remember the endless drumbeat about how Hillary is up in the polls, Hillary has it locked, Hillary is 95% sure to win. All that was Fake News intended to depress non-Hillary voters. That is: To suppress voter turnout!
Hey, why don’t we talk about the known, active collusion in 2016 between the Controlled Media and Hillary campaign operatives?
- Why don’t we talk about George Soros and the Left hacking our democracy, with all their paid/staged protests, violence, trolls and astro-turfing?
- Why don’t we talk about U.S. interference in other countries’ elections? The CIA has interfered in German media and every German election since the end of World War II. Is Angela Merkel, then, illegitimate?
- Last but not least, let’s cover the reasons why Russia could easily NOT have had any part in the DNC or Podesta e-mail hacking/leaking.
- The evidence that it was Russia was always shaky, and still is.
- Wikileaks says flat-out that their source wasn’t anyone connected to the Russian government.
In 10 years, they’ve always published real stuff and been fairly truthful. So, I’m not going to ignore their story.
- Julian Assange has implied that his source was Seth Rich, a murdered DNC insider.
Of course I’d feel better if Assange would say it outright; but I can understand his reluctance. (Don’t mess with an ongoing police investigation, don’t burden Rich’s family with publicity, etc.) Assange went pretty far, in implying it.
- Wikileaks VAULT 7. We now know that the CIA often hacks into things – whether for spying, or mischief, or setting up a long-range manipulation – and leaves Russian fingerprints deliberately to mislead people.
That means something. Sadly and from now on, it means we can never automatically believe the U.S. intelligence agencies when they say “Russia did it”, about any hacking episode, ever.
Anytime someone says to me “The intelligence agencies all say it was Russia”, I say “Whoa. Have you heard of Vault 7? the Umbrage group? the Marble program? Look it up. And know that all bets are off.”
If I missed another good reason, please add it in the comments.