Sick Sad World

Posted by V the K at 11:49 am - April 14, 2017.
Filed under: Random Thoughts

The 21st Century we thought we were going to get: Flying cars, robots, unlimited clean energy, three-day work weeks, lunar colonies.

The 21st Century we actually got: Furries battling “Neo-Nazis”

But the rise of the alt-right has ushered in the #AltFurry, a hashtag under which right-leaning furries can organize, and the uninitiated can encounter more cartoon rabbits in Nazi uniform than they possibly expected to see in their lifetimes.

So-called alt-furries are also organizing offline in groups like the Furry Raiders, which Foxler leads. Although the Furry Raiders “do not have any political agenda or stance as a group,” the group says on its website, many wear the same armband as Foxler. Foxler says he’s never paid much attention to World War II history, and didn’t notice the similarities.

Disclaimer, I don’t think alt-right is equivalent to Nazi, but the author of the piece does.

My only point is how silly the world has gotten.

After the Jump: When V the K discovered furries.

1. I don’t get it…how is being born a human and wanting to be a dog any different than being born a man and wanting to be a woman, or vice versa?

Comment by TAD — April 14, 2017 @ 11:58 am - April 14, 2017

2. The differences is, Furries aren’t out demanding that all of society has to change so their feelings don’t get hurt. Nobody’s demanding Furry bathrooms, or Furry History Month.

Not yet, anyway.

Comment by V the K — April 14, 2017 @ 12:19 pm - April 14, 2017

3. I didn’t know about Furries and Plushies until that CSI episode where the Raccoon Furry died/was killed after having “furry sex”. Who knew…? Furry sex? GAY furry sex?? “…Who knew??”

We all know about “ponies” and “dogs” We’ve all read our requisite Ann Rice kinky-oeurve.* I knew a guy on the West Coast training two two college-grads as 24/7/365 male dog-slaves, they signed themselves-over for a 5-year contract. BUT…

I draw the line at the male (sometimes gay) My Little Pony and Sailor Moon sh*t. They are just old-school perverts. **shudder**

( * – True story; I was sitting in our local Barnes&Noble’s cafe’ several years ago, and noticed what appeared to be a high school study-group sitting in the corner, Eight – ten boys and girls, maybe 10th or 11th-grade, didn’t look like seniors. Clustered around the table, one was reading quietly aloud to the rapt group — from A.N. Roquelaure’s Beauty’s Punishment — as calmly and innocently as you please. No nervous giggles, no inappropriate behavior …just rapt attention to the part where Tristan(?) is first taken to the Prince’s orchard stable. Like they were about to take notes for a serious book report, and obviously this had been going-on for a while from the half-consumed coffee cups and pastries.
    [WTF?? And when is HS students start drinking coffee anyway?]
    I was tempted to say something, but I didn’t. …I chalked it up to bemusement, and went back to my book and cooling Hot Tea. Someone else had taken-over the reading-aloud duties by the time I left.)

Comment by Ted B. (Charging Rhino) — April 14, 2017 @ 12:56 pm - April 14, 2017

4. Nobody’s demanding Furry bathrooms …

And when they do, we can just let them outside, same as any other animal.

Comment by Ilíon — April 14, 2017 @ 3:59 pm - April 14, 2017

5. *gets out the popcorn*

No, no…don’t mind me. Keep going. This is fun.

Comment by Craig Smith — April 14, 2017 @ 5:37 pm - April 14, 2017

6. I will not care about furries. I will not care about plushies. It’s not in the Constitution. I’m not required. I will not do it.

Comment by Beaches — April 14, 2017 @ 9:46 pm - April 14, 2017

7. @6 I will not care about the furries,
    I will not care through rain or flurries,
    I will not care about the plushies,
    I will not, cannot! Kiss my tushie!

I will not care about this whole sham
    I will not do it, Sam I am!

Comment by Craig Smith — April 14, 2017 @ 9:57 pm - April 14, 2017

8. It occurs to me that if one has an authoritarian dress up fetish, why not dress like a Soviet? They were just as brutal as the Nazis, but dressing like one is 100% socially acceptable.

Comment by V the K — April 14, 2017 @ 10:13 pm - April 14, 2017

9. That’s just it, VtK. They didn’t even dress up like Nazi’s. It was INTERPRETED as Nazis by others. The symbol is a black paw in a white circle:

And they had the NERVE to put it on an armband and wear a military uniform!

*gasp* Obviously Nazi, right?

Eh, not so much.

I put the reaction up as far left furries who still can’t get over that Hillary lost.

Comment by Craig Smith — April 14, 2017 @ 10:35 pm - April 14, 2017