Is it Just Me?

Posted by V the K at 9:11 am - April 15, 2017.
Filed under: Random Thoughts

I look at this statue that all the idiot liberals just gush over, and all I can think of is “Stupid little girl about to get trampled to death.”

Maybe it’s because I grew up on a farm, and not in the sophisticated environs of New Yawk Citteh.

On a related note, Democrat Governor of West Virginia was angry that the legislature’s budget didn’t include the spending increases, Medicare expansion, or tax increases he demanded. (Because, you know, a state hit hard by Obama’s War on Coal can so totally afford more taxes and Government.) So, he demonstrated his displeasure by revealing a plate of cow manure at his veto ceremony.  Which is the level of discourse we have come to expect from the Democrat Left.

I guess the Governor… a crony billionaire with an inherited fortune … doesn’t really get why the economically distressed people of his state can’t pony up more to suit his political ambitions.

22 Comments »

1. My thoughts exactly, and I didn’t grow up in a farm.

Comment by Fausta — April 15, 2017 @ 10:03 am - April 15, 2017

2. Its a Kent State type of allegory that only relates to a diseased mind.

(Kent State: National guardsmen standing with rifles as 60’s flower children stick posies in the barrels.)

This innocent child is the epitome of resolute bravery facing down the raging bull of greed and inequality.

It is also the lone man standing down the advance of the vengeful Communist dictatorship tanks come to stop the engine of democracy. But that is not part of the di Blasio iconography and it mocks his hostility.

But none of this works unless you have some sort of animus hooked to that bull. It is not about the innocent little girl, it is all about that bull.

There is no other sculpture in NYC that comes even close to the power and symbolism of the bull. That is what eats at the diseased socialist mind. They don’t understand it and they can’t diminish it.

Comment by Heliotrope — April 15, 2017 @ 10:25 am - April 15, 2017

3. I see it as an idiot leftist striking an arrogant pose about to get trampled by the reality of the market. It works as a metaphor.

Comment by V the K — April 15, 2017 @ 10:33 am - April 15, 2017

4. The governor of West Virginia is a millionaire who owes something like $4 million in unpaid back taxes. He needs a nice thick coating of tar and feathers.

Comment by Bob Katt — April 15, 2017 @ 10:48 am - April 15, 2017

5. It says so much about lefties. Reality vs. fantasy.

Fantasy: we just need to talk to our enemies and learn to understand and accept our differences, because deep down, we’re all the same.
    Reality: We are all the same (dark, twisted souls), which is why we should know and accept that sometimes the only recourse is to smack down the bad guys.

Fantasy: If I really, really, really want something hard enough, I’ll get it in the end (the plot of every Jack Black movie), despite my total lack of perseverance, work ethic, and focus on the goal.
    Reality: If I have the aptitude, resources, resolve, and opportunity, I can work really, really, really hard, and maybe I’ll be one of the lucky ones who wins in the end.

Fantasy: If I stand resolute against the tide, it will bow to me. Reality: If I get out of the way of a tsunami, I won’t drown.

Reality: Time and gravity take their toll. Facts don’t change, feelings do; bet with the facts.

(When the bullies of our neighborhood really wanted to scare the crap out of us younger ones, they’d set us over the fence in the field where the bull grazed. 50+ years later, and my heart still quickens when I think about that feeling of helpless terror. Sorry, lefties, the girl would be trampled into hash in about two minutes.F)

Comment by windbag — April 15, 2017 @ 11:33 am - April 15, 2017

6. Can I rip off windbags comment for a post

Comment by V the K — April 15, 2017 @ 12:26 pm - April 15, 2017

7. Ha. I’m humbled. Feel free. (Can you tweak the mistakes first?)

Comment by windbag — April 15, 2017 @ 1:16 pm - April 15, 2017

8. What gets me is that in the article about the WV governor’s stunt, he says that there is no reason for them to act like children…but like a little kid, he resorted to bringing cow dung to the veto ceremony. That doesn’t seem like a very adult thing to do.

Comment by TAD — April 15, 2017 @ 1:55 pm - April 15, 2017

9. I think the Libs are championing this statue because they’re attempting to assign it a feminist aspect in their attempts to own all women’s issues. Except that the Italian artist who created the bull is making a stink about it, for good reason. It’s really idiotic to pair two or more unrelated works of art & pretend they’re related.

Apparently, this buffoon governor’s manure presentation didn’t go over too well, generally. No one cares about their issues & a large man bringing in clump of poo is about the sum total of what was seen nationwide. Comments like, “West Virginia…” & “Classy…” were the standard when it hit the news wires.

Comment by Hanover — April 15, 2017 @ 2:47 pm - April 15, 2017

10. I so so so want a nine foot statute of a Grizzly right behind that girl, up on its haunches snarling with paws rampant.

Ya’ know, as a reminder to be wary when the market gets too bullish.

Comment by Sathar — April 15, 2017 @ 2:55 pm - April 15, 2017

11. The sculptor of the Bull has filed suit against the placement of the “defiant girl” statue for appropriation and diminishment of his artistic expression, and artistic and copyright infringement of his intellectual property.

He has a strong case.

Comment by Ted B. (Charging Rhino) — April 15, 2017 @ 2:58 pm - April 15, 2017

12. heh heh… nine foot statute….

Comment by Sathar — April 15, 2017 @ 2:59 pm - April 15, 2017

13. The girl looks like a pouty brat who just can’t understand why her parents won’t fork over the cash to buy her a pony. Which is actually really emblematic of modern feminism, in my opinion.

Comment by Sean L — April 15, 2017 @ 4:30 pm - April 15, 2017

14. Fantasy: The laws of physics, common sense, chemistry, economics, and human nature are null and void when I make my plans to fix the world.

Bugs Bunny: “I know this defies the law of gravity, but you see, I never studied law.”

He has a strong case.

Indeed he does. I want to know who commissioned the girl in the first place. They should get sued as well as the artist who proposed it.

It changes the meaning of the original, which every contract I have ever seen for commissioned artwork says you must not do. Thus, he has a strong case against both the commissioner and the artist.

It also appropriates the original artwork into another piece without permission. That is purely on the artist who sculpted it. Even if the commissioner requested it, the artist should know copyright law enough to know this was a nono.

Comment by Craig Smith — April 15, 2017 @ 5:44 pm - April 15, 2017

15. It is not just you, and I grew up (for the most part) in the suburbs of a city on the East Coast.

Comment by Kurt — April 15, 2017 @ 7:48 pm - April 15, 2017

16. I want to know who commissioned the girl in the first place. They should get sued as well as the artist who proposed it.

State Street Global Advisors did, as an advertisement for their index fund which comprises gender-diverse companies having a higher percentage of women among their senior leadership. [NASDAQ:SHE]

Arturo Di Modica, the creator of Charging Bull, has threatened legal action. Meanwhile, Mayor de Blasé has extended the original 30-day permit to February 2018.

Comment by RSG — April 15, 2017 @ 10:05 pm - April 15, 2017

17. Since the bull is a symbol of a good market (you don’t want it going wild, but in general), why would non-socialists want to stop it?

Comment by TheQuietMan — April 16, 2017 @ 4:00 am - April 16, 2017

18. So, what’s next? Transgendering the Mona Lisa?

Comment by Juan — April 16, 2017 @ 9:09 am - April 16, 2017

19. I COMPLETELY support Arturo. The placement of the girl statue underscores how idiotic those involved are : they don’t know anything about the Bull, and about art. My suggestion : of the girl gets to stay there, use their sacred leftist art for McDonalds…

Comment by Lee — April 16, 2017 @ 9:33 am - April 16, 2017

20. It is actually a perfect depiction of a feminist. They have watched 90lb girls beat up 200+lbs bruisers (((as seen on TV))) that they actually believe they are equal. In reality your local HS boys will break world records for women every track meet.

Comment by Steve — April 16, 2017 @ 5:34 pm - April 16, 2017

21. Actually, I see the bull hanging a left in this picture – the little girl is “punking” the bull….

Comment by killiteten - Native Intelligence — April 17, 2017 @ 11:00 am - April 17, 2017

22. […] Is it Just Me? […]

Pingback by The Weekly Headlines – My Daily Musing – Br Andrew's Muses — April 24, 2017 @ 9:22 am - April 24, 2017

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI