A lot has happened in the last few weeks, to let us know what kind of president Trump is going to be.
He isn’t the new Hitler. And he isn’t the new Ronald Reagan. He’s Obama-Lite, or roughly what President Obama would have been if were saner and more authentically masculine and pro-American. (Like Obama, President Trump often talks about his own good intentions/hopes as if they were accomplishments.
They aren’t.) “The Swamp” and/or Deep State will stay in business for quite awhile yet. I suspect that Trump has cut some sort of deal with several of its important factions.
That still makes him 100 times better than Hillary.
- He appointed a pro-2nd Amendment Justice to the Supreme Court.
- He *might* still avoid a Syria war.
- At the margins, Trump is rolling back Obama’s excessive regulations.
He is cleaning up the EPA and approving pipelines.
- He has signaled U.S. immigration agents that they can do their jobs again.
- (I considered saying the same about police who deal with pedophilia and human trafficking, but it’s unclear if Trump has made a difference in that area. Some say yes. Others say no.)
- (Update) Oh yeah, he abandoned Obama’s Trans Pacific Partnership (TPP).
Hillary would have done none of the above. On his own, Trump is not all that hot. But when compared to Hillary, he still is.