HILLARY SHOULD HAVE BEEN INDICTED.
You can find out a lot about where someone is coming from, if you ask that as a yes/no question. “Can we agree that Hillary should have been indicted?”
For people who can admit it, a mindset follows naturally:
- It’s OK that she lost the election. (Indeed, she shouldn’t have been running.)
- Which means there’s no unusual or particular reason to suspect President Trump.
- Of course we should look at Trump objectively, and nail him for any wrongdoing. But let’s not drag it out forever. Because he may be fine; see points 1 and 2.
- Comey did a bad job in 2016. He grandstanded for the cameras and usurped authority that wasn’t his, in a way that ended with Hillary not being indicted. He should have been fired sooner.
- It’s deeply wrong and disturbing that the Obama administration was spying on its domestic opponents, such as Trump.
For people who can’t admit it:
- OMG, the election was STOLEN from her!!!1!!1!!
- Which means Trump must be something horrible, like a Nazi Russian spy!! who secretly loves Vladimir Putin!!
- If we haven’t caught Trump doing anything wrong, it’s because we haven’t looked enough! Keep looking! As long as it takes to come up with it!
- Comey must have been fired because he was getting too close to it! Crisis!!!!1!
- Thank Gaia the Obama administration was spying on its domestic opponents, such as Trump!
All those toxic contortions, because the person can’t admit the key truth – that Hillary should have been indicted.