This Is What the Progressive Left Has Become

Posted by V the K at 12:26 pm - May 16, 2017.
Filed under: Liberalism Run Amok

And they’re proud of it. [Language Warning]

YouTube Preview Image

The left has gradually convinced itself that because they are so right and everybody else is wrong that political opponents should be accorded no human decency whatsoever. Old gay fascist a-hole Michelangelo Signorile demands more violence against people whose political opinions are different than his.

Starting today and from here on, no elected official ― certainly those in the GOP defending and supporting Trump on a variety of issues, for example ― should be able to sit down for a nice, quiet lunch or dinner in a Washington, DC eatery or even in their own homes. They should be hounded by protestors everywhere, especially in public ― in restaurants, in shopping centers, in their districts, and yes, on the public property outside their homes and apartments, in Washington and back in their home states.

31 Comments »

1. Protestor: “Everyone cover this sh*t!” (i.e., keep people from seeing the nice guy’s sign)

Paul Joseph Watson: Make a video, to be sure people see.

I’m lovin it 🙂

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — May 16, 2017 @ 12:43 pm - May 16, 2017

2. Gay punk band POWER BOTTOM should have read SJWs Alway’s Lie

Comment by Steve — May 16, 2017 @ 12:54 pm - May 16, 2017

3. Starting today, and from here on, no Trump supporter should go anywhere unarmed.

Starting today, and from here on, no “protestor” should be allowed to assault anyone, obstruct traffic, or disturb the peace without consequences

And Paul Joseph Watson’s videos need to be shared so they all go viral.

Comment by Tom — May 16, 2017 @ 1:15 pm - May 16, 2017

4. Fox News contributor Tammy Bruce on Tuesday issued a formal apology for mocking an 8-year-old autistic child by calling him a “snowflake.” “I am so sorry to the family,” Bruce began. “My intention was never to hurt a kid and his mom. We had absolutely no idea Michael was on the autism spectrum, and as a gay woman and feminist, I’ve spent most of my adult life working to improve the lives of woman and children, and those who are disenfranchised.”

Bruce also pledged in the future to stop attacking children for political purposes, regardless of whether or not they have autism. Bruce first criticized the autistic boy after he approached Vice President Mike Pence and demanded an apology after Pence accidentally hit him in the face. At the time, Bruce mocked the boy because video seemed to show that Pence had barely made physical contact with him while he was attending an event at the White House.

Comment by rusty — May 16, 2017 @ 1:17 pm - May 16, 2017

5. Now that Barron Trump’s new school has been announced, the protests there should start right up.

Comment by TnnsNe1 — May 16, 2017 @ 1:26 pm - May 16, 2017

6. Are there laws against harassment? Because protesting someone night and day simply for supporting Trump could easily be considered harassment.

Comment by Craig Smith — May 16, 2017 @ 1:41 pm - May 16, 2017

7. Who? Never ever heard of this guy

Comment by Pawfurbehr — May 16, 2017 @ 2:03 pm - May 16, 2017

8. this is the type of behavior that liberal politicians support. what does that say about them.

Comment by salg — May 16, 2017 @ 3:27 pm - May 16, 2017

9. Snowflakes & inept anarchists with fighting skills are always a nice target. It’s funny how people can disappear without a trace. One can still find nice gleaming hat pins at hobby stores.

Comment by Hanover — May 16, 2017 @ 3:32 pm - May 16, 2017

10. The Libertard Dementedcrats have confused Brown Shirts for brown coats (and tight pants).

In these troubled times it’s definitely standard operation protocol to have your cell-phone camera ready, and the local police on speed-dial, when out in public anymore — or when behind the wheel. It’s just not-safe in public venues these days; flash mobs and indignant individuals, stalking, harassment, traffic blockages, intimidation and threats.

Comment by Ted B. (Charging Rhino) — May 16, 2017 @ 3:40 pm - May 16, 2017

11. I don’t think they realize what they are doing, I really don’t. For a long time I felt they were trying to get a reaction they could use for propaganda purposes (and I still think that’s true), but now I believe they think they can just intimidate their way to whatever goals they think they have. This will not go the way they think it will. They truly believe they control events, boy will they get a surprise.

Comment by Sennacherib — May 16, 2017 @ 4:27 pm - May 16, 2017

12. Now that Barron Trump’s new school has been announced, the protests there should start right up.

Oh you can bet they will. I hope the US Secret Service takes a hard line against anyone who does anything more than silent picketing on the public sidewalks outside St Andrews. Should they do more, they need to haul them in and do a thorough strip search with a digital exam before interrogating them and submitting charges. The only way these f-ers are going to get put in their place is to start playing hardball.

Comment by RSG — May 16, 2017 @ 5:09 pm - May 16, 2017

13. Are there laws against harassment? Because protesting someone night and day simply for supporting Trump could easily be considered harassment.

Sadly, the liberal courts will interpret it as protected 1st-Amendment Political Speech. But that you’re objecting is not…

In Philadelphia, they’re holding a Democrat Primary that will determine the next elected District Attorney. the “pandering” is appalling. Their various campaign-points are;

“I supported Black Lives Matter, and Occupy.”
    “I will rein-in the Police.”
    “I will end minor drug prosecutions”.
    “I studied Law **cough** under **cough cough** former-Pres. Obama.”
    “I will oppose President Donald Trump.”

…No mention of protecting the residents, or upholding the Law. Quelle Surprise!

Comment by Ted B. (Charging Rhino) — May 16, 2017 @ 5:18 pm - May 16, 2017

14. Are there laws against harassment? Because protesting someone night and day simply for supporting Trump could easily be considered harassment.

There are laws against harassment. Many of them are included under the anti-stalking legislation which has been implemented in the past 20 years with the rise of the public Internet (usually due to domestic violence cases). Paragon of virtue Mikey Signorile would do well to consider this before he spouts off his mouth via public broadcast.

Comment by RSG — May 16, 2017 @ 5:28 pm - May 16, 2017

15. Fox News contributor Tammy Bruce

Thanks Rusty. I can’t find the GP article that holds her feet to the fire for going after a specific boy (poor kid and poor parents). I did find one one on “gay fascist a-hole Michelangelo Signorile” calling on people to be disruptive to Trump supporters, though.

I believe the boy was mocked on Fox New’s (now) most watched television hour (not sure if it compares to the scope of Signorile’s audience). How humiliating for the family to have to deal with that, especially when they didn’t ask for any of this.

Comment by CrayCrayPatriot — May 16, 2017 @ 6:21 pm - May 16, 2017

16. That fag Signorole is similiar to Lenin and Trotsky when they overtook the czars.

Comment by davinci38 — May 17, 2017 @ 8:05 am - May 17, 2017

17. rusty, I thought your point was about Tammy Bruce doing something reasonable; apologizing for a mistake. Did I miss something? Anyway, I can’t see how the whole thing is worth much notice. If she didn’t apologize for her mistake, that might be different.

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — May 17, 2017 @ 8:40 am - May 17, 2017

18. Rusty and Cray,Cray:

Tammy Bruce is a fine person. She feels she erred and she has taken responsibility for her error and gone beyond an apology.

If that is what you wish to convey to the DemoninzingRats, I support you. Jesus would also be a fine example for them.

However, if the Tammy Bruce episode is a morality tale, it only goes to never, ever be critical on the chance that the “victim” might be “sub-humanly” incapable of understanding political disagreements.

Also, had Mike Pence listened to the tykes admonishment and then pasted the tyke with an aimed fist, we would have a different scenario.

From my own perspective, I think Tammy Bruce over reached in her apology by taking the “victim” bait hook, line and sinker. Almost everyone my age tests positive for onset diabetes. Don’t criticize us. We are victims and to do so would be hugely cruel.

I remind you that the post is about The left has gradually convinced itself that because they are so right and everybody else is wrong that political opponents should be accorded no human decency whatsoever. Bringing in this Tammy Bruce mini-soap opera totally fails the political opponents should be accorded no human decency whatsoever test in every way.

Tammy Bruce has decided to be a role model who is above reproach. Good on her. Now lets see if Progressives act accordingly.

Comment by Heliotrope — May 17, 2017 @ 9:18 am - May 17, 2017

19. Why is it every time a kid or a young adult behaves badly in public the parents are there to cry “autism”? Think of Mark Sandford who could have killed a security guard or the president. His parents claimed he was an autistic victim of the evil USA penal system. He pulled a gun at a presidential rally, for God’s sake!

If this child couldn’t behave when meeting the VP, why did his parents allow him to interact with him?

Comment by miss marmelstein — May 17, 2017 @ 9:43 am - May 17, 2017

20. The apology included

We had absolutely no idea Michael was on the autism spectrum, and as a gay woman and feminist, I’ve spent most of my adult life working to improve the lives of woman and children, and those who are disenfranchise.

It seems to me there is some inconsistency when it comes to the
    Comments here at GP that disparage women, lesbians and feminists.

I thought the point of the post was the idea of supporting decency, politeness and respect to everyone.

Comment by rusty — May 17, 2017 @ 10:21 am - May 17, 2017

21. There goes rusty and CCP requiring conservatives to be held to a completely (higher) standard of behavior then they require of their own vile people.

“Make sure your own house is clean before you tell me how dirty my house is.”

Comment by TnnsNe1 — May 17, 2017 @ 11:07 am - May 17, 2017

22. Decency is just a weak point to be exploited by progressives since they have no value for it. I say stop apologizing so much, you know they aren’t going to accept gracefully and move on. It’s just an excuse to try and destroy you and your career.This is no longer a civil society, it’s a civil war. We can take the high road all we want but be prepared for the PC IED’s. Take a lesson from Trump and refuse to bow to their “superior” judgment, they are poseurs.

Comment by Rex — May 17, 2017 @ 11:16 am - May 17, 2017

23. People who have repeatedly defended Dan Savage’s “All Republicans should drop dead” comment don’t have a whole lot of credibility when they lecture others on decency.

Comment by V the K — May 17, 2017 @ 1:48 pm - May 17, 2017

24. An Apology
    by Dan Savage • Jul 15, 2011 at 10:28 pm

I was on Real Time with Bill Maher tonight. I was talking to someone at the party after the show, and they asked me how I thought it went. Okay, I said—and then I told them that I said something really, really stupid, half under my breath, and I was relieved that Bill and the rest of the panel didn’t hear it. But folks watching the show at home might have heard it… so… I want to apologize for… um… wishing all Republicans dead.

I don’t feel that way. My dad is a Republican. (Well, he says he’s an independent, but he hasn’t voted for a Democrat since JFK. My dad is a Republican.) I’m fond of Michael Bloomberg and William Weld and Lincoln Chafee, and I wish no harm—save the political variety—on those Republicans I loathe. Even the one Republican I really had it in for once upon a time—Ronald Reagan—managed to outlive my anger.

It was a stupid, rude, thoughtless remark, a flubbed expression of disgust. I was reaching for something like, “I wish they would drop f*cking dead,” which doesn’t mean literally die, and I blew it. And it’s no defense, but… the last time I wished someone dead on a live mic, I was on the radio talking about Bill Clinton back in 1993. Then, i got a deserved visit from the Secret Service.

I am sorry about my remark on Maher and my apology is sincerely offered. I regret it and I retract it and I apologize to anyone watching at home—particularly my father (!)—who may have heard me say it. I had a drink before the show—first and last time I’ve ever done that—but this wasn’t a case of, “In vino, veritas.” This was a case of, “In vino, stupidtas.”

Comment by rusty — May 17, 2017 @ 2:40 pm - May 17, 2017

25. So, rusty.. the drink made him do it..

And rusty misses the point :

Please show us the apologies for those defenders of Dan Savage’s statement, not the “drink made me do it” apology from Dan Savage.

Comment by TnnsNe1 — May 17, 2017 @ 4:15 pm - May 17, 2017

26. I notice that none of the three guys… Chaffee, Weld, Bloomberg… Savage claims to be Republicans he respects is actually a Republican. (Chaffee – Democrat, Bloomberg – independent anti-gun leftist, Weld… Johnsonite Libertarian) Speaks to the insincerity of the whole fauxpology

Comment by V the K — May 17, 2017 @ 5:07 pm - May 17, 2017

27. Ok Savage pops off and says a lot of heated and thoughtless remarks. . .It was a stupid, rude, thoughtless remark

But let revisit the intention of the post

See 20

Comment by rusty — May 17, 2017 @ 5:58 pm - May 17, 2017

28. The intention of the post was not a call for decency. It was to point out that the left has none.

Comment by V the K — May 17, 2017 @ 6:12 pm - May 17, 2017

29. Ok, I stand corrected. No need for any decency, politeness or respect for all.

Comment by rusty — May 17, 2017 @ 9:20 pm - May 17, 2017

30. People who have repeatedly defended Dan Savage “All Republicans should drop dead” comment don’t have a whole lot of credibility when they lecture others on decency.

People on here have defended those comments? I’ve never seen this. But, apparently you have. Please provide a link. Thanks.

Comment by CrayCrayPatriot — May 17, 2017 @ 11:32 pm - May 17, 2017

31. *Defended as in, “he had every right to say that” or “so what,” because that’s what “defended” means. What Rusty posted was more “qualified/explained.”

Comment by CrayCrayPatriot — May 17, 2017 @ 11:36 pm - May 17, 2017