This refers to Monday’s drama where The Washington Post alleged that President Trump had inappropriately leaked intelligence to the Russians.
First, why should anyone care what Mike Cernovich thinks? Because lately, he’s been breaking stories. He seems to have sources. His claims are outlandish; and then they turn out to be on the right track (though not 100% on all details).
So, here he is on the WaPo story. It’s a long video. Listening at 1.5x speed helps. Or I can just tell you his key points. Disclaimer – take this as his opinion and speculation. I’m interested mainly to see if it’s going to come true again?
- Whoever leaked the story to WaPo, leaked way more classified information than Trump did.
- At most, Trump revealed a location where some intelligence had happened. But WaPo was given far more detailed classified information, by its source(s).
- As such, the leaks to WaPo were highly illegal, and have done far more damage to American security.
- Because WaPo computers/networks can be hacked (and probably are).
- White House and NSC staff have been on lockdown while they figure out who is the leaker. Cernovich’s top candidates:
- David Laufman, chief of counter-intelligence at the FBI. Obama donor. Was in charge of investigating Hillary’s emails; i.e., helped whitewash her. Has been involved in previous leaks. Fits the profile of someone who was not present at the meeting with Russians, but who nonetheless saw the meeting notes and all kinds of other classified info.
- NSA McMaster. Has a troubled relationship with Trump; potential motive would be to create a disaster, then be the hero who gets Trump out of it.
- Kris Bauman, a pro-Hamas / anti-Israel hire of McMaster’s; potential motive would be to disrupt the U.S. relationship with Israel.
- One way or another, people will be going to prison over this episode.
As to Seth Rich: Per Cernovich,
- Rich was the DNC leaker. (again Mike’s opinion/speculation – although I agree)
- He was one of that rare breed: a Democrat staffer who was an American patriot. He was outraged by the Democrats’ rigged primary.
- The Rich family spokesperson who denies all this (Bauman) is a political consultant paid by the DNC (not the Rich family).
- When the DNC reported the hacking, FBI agents asked to look at the hacked servers – and the DNC refused. DNC hired CrowdStrike to concoct the narrative that DNC wanted (Russia hacking).
I do recall that former FBI Director Comey has been a strong supporter of CrowdStrike and their report; for example in his testimony before Congress. It is remarkable how many different actions of Comey’s over the years have helped Democrats and/or Clintons.