…to look into the Obama administration’s surveillance of its political opponents.
- whether it was truly “incidental” to legitimate (other) concerns, and/or done under FISA warrants
- whether FISA warrants were obtained properly (rather than relying on, say, a “dossier” hacked together by a foreign intelligence agency as a political favor)
- whether NSA Susan Rice, an Obama White House operative who apparently ordered the “unmasking” of Trump associates’ names in the surveillance data, did so for honest and legal reasons
- whether the subsequent distribution of the “unmasked” intelligence was necessary, legal and proper
- and who leaked it (along with Trump campaign information) to the media and/or the Hillary campaign, possibly committing felonies in the process.
Sauce for the goose, sauce for the gander. We, the American people, need to know exactly what the Obama administration was up to with its domestic spying on Americans and especially on its political opponents.
And if illegal unmasking, distribution or leaking occurred: let there be indictments.
UPDATE: Tucker Carlson has a point: President Trump could have blocked the DOJ’s special counsel for Russia. And President Hillary would have (for anything connected to her). She would be too afraid of where an independent investigator might go. Trump isn’t.
I notice Trump calling it a witch hunt, but that’s a slag on the Left’s hysteria; not on the DOJ or Director Mueller.