On the one year anniversary of the Orlando Pulse Massacre, the Democrat Media Complex went out of its way to avoid the salient facts about the Massacre.
America is in mourning, as we should be, on the year anniversary of the attack, but many in the media are purposely excluding the fact they were killed by a jihadist committed to the Islamic State. Instead, the media prefer calling it a “mass shooting” and “gun violence.” The MSM also prefers listing the victims as “those who died” or “lost their lives,” not those murdered by a terrorist.
One of the worst examples is The Washington Post and its headline, “A year ago, 49 people died at Pulse nightclub. Today, Orlando remembers.” But that’s not so bad, right? Surely, in the article, terrorism will be mentioned. Think again. The words used are “massacre,” “gun violence,” and “deadliest mass shooting in modern U.S. history.” No mention of terrorism. Zero. The article identifies Omar Mateen, but only as the “gunman” who “fired his first bullet” at 2:02 a.m.
These are facts:
- The mass murderer was an Islamic Supremacist named Omar Mateen.
- Omar Mateen was the son of an Afghan refugee who was also an Islamic Supremacist.
- Omar Mateen pledged his fidelity to ISIS shortly before the massacre.
- Omar Mateen had been on the FBI’s terror watchlist three years before the attack, but after interviewing him, the FBI decided he wasn’t a threat and removed him from the list.
- Omar Mateen was a registered Democrat.
- Omar Mateen’s father attended a Hillary for President rally a few weeks after the attack.
Once again, these are facts.