What we know is that Republican Majority Whip Steve Scalise was shot by an assailant during a baseball practice in suburban Virginia. Everything else is speculation for now.
- “Rep. Ron DeSantis, R-Fla., told Fox News he left just before the shooting. As he walked to his car, a man asked DeSantis if it was Republicans or Democrats practicing. About three minutes the shooting began, DeSantis said.”
- Ignorant progressives immediately scream for gun control; it’s okay for their side to politicize tragic events.
- Assailant identified as James T. Hodgkinson of Belleville, IL. Hm, here is a Facebook page for a James T. Hodgkinson. May or may not be the same guy.
- “Hodgkinson has a varied arrest record in St. Clair County, for offenses such as failing to obtain electrical permits, damaging a motor vehicle, resisting a peace officer, eluding police, criminal damage to property, driving under the influence and assorted traffic offenses?
- Belonged to many anti-Republican hate groups on FaceBook, wrote hate-letters to the liberal media about Rush Limbaugh and Bill O’Reilly, was part of a “99%” protest against the 1%.
- Leftist New Republic contributor: “If the shooter has a serious health condition then is taking potshots at the GOP house leadership considered self defense?”
- Progressive twitterverse explodes with joy-rage over shooting of Republican. (Post now updated under category ‘Violence on the Left’).
- The would-be mass-murderer has assumed room temperature. Another tragic victim of “gun violence,” I guess. The good news is, as a resident of Illinois, Mr. Hodgkinson will still be able to vote Democrat for many more elections.
- Markos Moulitsas (DailyKos) “Republicans are getting what they want.”
- Another leftist laments that a more organized assault would have yielded a better result: “For violent resistance to work it’d need to be organized. Individual acts can be understandable, but likely counterproductive/ineffective.”
This post will be updated as the story develops.
As might as well cover this story today. Since the shooter is a member of ‘The Resistance,’ the press will forget about it by tomorrow afternoon.