That didn’t take long

You know the Left feels defensive about that Bernie supporter, Hodgkinson, who shot at Republicans. You know because the Left handles insecurity by throwing wild accusations at others, in order to deflect the discredit that the Left has earned.

• The New York Times has revived the Gabby Giffords blood libel against Sarah Palin.

Palin never incited Jared Lee Loughner to shoot Rep. Gabby Giffords or anyone, in 2011. And Loughner was, if anything, somewhat of a leftist; he counted the Communist Manifesto among his favorite books.

But NYT has, once again (as they did at the time), cited a non-existent “link” between Loughner’s actions and some obscure political actions of Palin’s in 2011. Palin is considering libel action against NYT.

• Meanwhile, Nancy Pelosi calls her GOP colleagues “sanctimonius” over the recent shooting.

Most of us have heard that one, before. When an insecure leftie knows that she’s in the wrong and you’re in the right, she will feel/assume that you’re looking down on her. We would also accept “You’re so self-righteous”, “uptight”, “judgmental” as typical plays.

SCALISE UPDATE: He remains in critical condition.

I came across this clip of him today, in a recent public service ad against human trafficking. He seems like a nice enough guy.

YouTube Preview Image

I couldn’t quickly find which House bills he’s talking about (or what they would do about human trafficking), unless it’s this batch that was passed in January.

1. The Washington Post takes the opportunity presented by the Attempted Mass Murder of Republicans to whine about how unfair it is that Hillary lost the election and Democrats don’t control Congress.

I am not making this up.

The system often feels unfair. Skewed electoral maps favor one party over another. Rural areas are overrepresented. Party fringes often exert more control over the agenda than the broad middle, where much of the country really is and the only place from which it can be effectively governed. Political money skews legislation. After an election such as last year’s, it is easy for the losing side to feel hopeless and desperate.)(Emphasis added)

Comment by V the K — June 15, 2017 @ 9:19 pm - June 15, 2017

2. Jeff, Steve Scalise is real nice guy, he is my congress critter. He always takes constituents concerns seriously, a all around decent human being. Even if I disagreed on some policy matters, he was never disagreeable.

Comment by Matthew the Oilman — June 15, 2017 @ 10:24 pm - June 15, 2017

3. How do you want to get killed by the left tomorrow?

Against the wall by firing squads with a public attendance, by a bullet in the back of your head during a secret execution in the woods at dawn, or by starvation in premises with pre-Middle Ages’ level of hygiene?

Bernie Sanders, Jeremy Corbyn, and the starving children of Venezuela

By Tom Rogan, June 15, 2017:

Just a few years ago, western liberals praised Venezuelan socialism as a template for all of humanity.

They lauded former Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez as a man of vision and moral greatness.

In 2013, Jeremy Corbyn, leader of Britain’s official opposition Labour Party, was clear. “We salute Chavez and the people of Venezuela for turning the clock of history full circle… I look forward to the development of Venezuela, the efficiency of Venezuela, in providing good services and decency for all the people of that country.”

At that same event, Corbyn’s director of strategy, Seumas Milne, had a 13-minute orgasm describing Venezuela’s “powerful lessons for the politics of the future for us all.”

In 2011, Bernie Sanders explained that “These days, the American dream is more apt to be realized in South America, in places such as Ecuador, Venezuela and Argentina…”

On Chavez’s death in 2013, leftist filmmaker Oliver Stone remarked, “I mourn a great hero to the majority of his people.”

Today, the Venezuelan utopia is unveiled.

It is unveiled by catastrophic shortages of medicine and health services.

It is unveiled by war-like violent crime rates.

And it is unveiled by Venezuela’s children, who are now starving to death at unparalleled rates.

Consider that last point very carefully.

Today, in the nation with the world’s largest oil reserves, millions of children are starving.

But this is not coincidental. It is the natural product of socialism.

Of course, today, the aforementioned liberals offer no regret and no recognition, beyond silence, of their errors of judgment on Venezuela.

On the contrary, they continue to call on us to embrace socialism.

For that reason, we must constantly remind ourselves of their record. This is especially crucial for younger voters. After all, young voters are the support base for socialists like Bernie Sanders. Like Venezuelan children, they have the most to lose from socialism’s offer of mass inefficiency, endemic corruption, and capital turned to dust.

Beware the socialist utopia.

It is a dystopia of starving kids chasing trash trucks for food in Earth’s most oil rich nation.

#LeftistsNeverFeelSorryForTheMiseryTheyCause

Comment by Cyril — June 15, 2017 @ 10:54 pm - June 15, 2017

4. In case you missed this: http://www.weeklystandard.com/camille-paglia-on-trump-democrats-transgenderism-and-islamist-terror/article/2008464

Comment by fortdixmike — June 16, 2017 @ 5:31 am - June 16, 2017

5. the nyt and truth parted company long before most of us were born.

Comment by salg — June 16, 2017 @ 7:19 am - June 16, 2017

6. And still our trolls are silent. My, my. What, were they banned in the interim?

Comment by Sean L — June 16, 2017 @ 7:36 am - June 16, 2017

7. #6 – Sean, I happened to notice this as well. That begs the following questions:

Are there any decent Dems or left-wingers in the public who are willing to acknowledge the existence of their own climate of hate — festering with misogyny, liberal racism, and assassination fascination? (I’m looking right at YOU, Kathy Griffin.)

Do words and rhetoric only have consequences if they can be used against conservatives and Republicans?

Or will we spend the rest of the day being bombarded with vile gloating and false equivalences like certain trolls on our site (al-Cray-da, lil-letter-mikey, Cas et al.)?

The time for civility is over. This time, it’s war. And I’m ready to lock and load.

Regards,
    Peter H.

Comment by Peter Hughes — June 16, 2017 @ 10:47 am - June 16, 2017

8. Just for the record: No one has been banned recently.

Thanks for the links. Cyril, I might use the Venezuela one (we’ll see). fortdixmike, I have to fault Paglia for being dumb enough to support Bernie Sanders and Jill Stein – but then I have to admit, the rest of the interview is interesting 🙂 I read the whole thing.

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — June 16, 2017 @ 11:24 am - June 16, 2017

9. […] A commenter pointed us to this Weekly Standard interview with Camille Paglia. As in most of her work, she says true and fascinating things – on the way to wrong conclusions. As a sample, here she is on the election: […]

Pingback by GayPatriot » Does Camille Paglia’s example prove or disprove a notion that women shouldn’t vote? — June 16, 2017 @ 12:28 pm - June 16, 2017

10. I have spoken in the past the last couple months of being disturbed by certain factions of the left including ANTIFA. I also pointed out a comedian/popular Twitter user about six weeks ago (I recently alluded to him again, and I wish I could find the video and the link I posted) who endorsed violence and cited him as someone who is dangerous and I also found disturbing. I’m also disturbed by this recent baseball shooting. I don’t support any of this and I condemn it.

But, those who have either missed these remarks and/or ignore them and/or aren’t “satisfied that it’s enough”: I doubt you’ll ever be satisfied. God speed.

Comment by CrayCrayPatriot — June 16, 2017 @ 6:08 pm - June 16, 2017

11. […] That didn’t take long  […]

Pingback by The Weekly Headlines – Br Andrew's Muses — June 24, 2017 @ 12:30 am - June 24, 2017