How fake is CNN? At least this fake (part 2)

Just to follow up on part 1 about CNN openly staging a fake protest that they’d wanted, here’s a nifty list.

YouTube Preview Image

Like all such lists, it suffers from being anecdotal and agenda-driven. And (in this case) badly mis-titled. Some (hi rusty 😉 ) won’t like it that the list comes from Cernovich.

But I’m interested in what’s in it. I have seen most of these instances myself, at one time or another. I think it’s silly to trust CNN. If people ask me why, here are some of the examples I’d point to.

• The time CNN warned that it’s somehow illegal for ordinary citizens to look at the leaked DNC and Podesta emails. (It isn’t. So, look all you want.)
  • The time they had a camera man pose as a random guy on the street and broadcast his pro-Hillary rant.
  • The time CNN lied that Loretta Lynch had “recused herself” from any decisions on the Clinton e-mail investigation. (She didn’t. She should have.)
  • The time(s) CNN spread the fake “Hands Up, Don’t Shoot” meme. (Shot of an entire CNN panel doing it.)
  • The time CNN, broadcasting from a studio with blue screen and fake wind, pretended it was on-location in the Gulf War.
  • The time CNN claimed that Muslim terrorist bombings in Europe are done by “false flag” right-wingers.
  • The time Jake Tapper told a Navy Seal he was interviewing, that his all buddies had died for nothing.
  • The time CNN let a guest claim that “rogue cops shoot black people for sport”.
  • The time a CNN anchor expressed joy at Sarah Palin’s children being assaulted.
  • The times that CNN edited #BlackLivesMatter activists, who were calling for rage and violence, to make it appear as if they were somehow peaceful.
  • The time a CNN anchor praised a cop-killer as “brave and courageous”.
  • The time CNN had 2 reporters in the same parking lot in Phoenix and faked it, split-screen, to pretend they were in different locations.
  • The time they did a voter focus group and openly stated the precise words that they wanted a certain voter to say next.
  • The many times CNN cut a guest’s satellite feed if they strayed too far from CNN’s preferred narrative.
    • The guy they cut for mentioning Jesus.
    • The time they cut Bernie Sanders after he jokingly referred to CNN as Fake News.
    • The time they cut a guest for mentioning Wikileaks.
    • The time they cut a reporter who started talking about Hillary’s negatives or “vulnerabilities”.
  • The way that, when CNN cuts a guest who strayed too far from their preferred narrative, they pretend it’s somehow accidental.

The list is incomplete of course. It didn’t even get around to some stuff like:

And more that I could probably find, if I searched GP archives.

1. “Like all such lists, it suffers from being anecdotal and agenda-driven. And (in this case) badly mis-titled. Some (hi rusty ) won’t like it that the list comes from Cernovich.”

Why the qualifier? Is Cernovich a bad guy? No.
    Truth is truth, no matter where it comes from.

Thank you for posting the video. It was excellent.

Comment by Hanzo — June 20, 2017 @ 9:06 pm - June 20, 2017

2. if rusty is around, he’s going to point out that it’s Cerno anyway. I don’t mind saving him the time.

Honestly, I’m not a fan of the Alex Jones connection, there. But I also don’t look down on Jones the way (say) Megyn Kelly does. And Cerno, well nobody’s right all the time, but yeah he gets to some great stuff sometimes.

I’ve been looking into the recent Jones-Kelly battle-interview. You know how Jones is sweating? NBC put him under a heat lamp (and not her). Cheap trick. He should have caught it up front, and just didn’t. Let that be a lesson…if any of us ever do media 😉

To get the interview – Kelly downright flirted with Jones. Now we know how she gets her interviews. He recorded it all, and then scooped her (by releasing first). Hilarity ensued.

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — June 20, 2017 @ 9:24 pm - June 20, 2017

3. Jones sweats all the time, some people sweat.
    My family has a joke, we can sweat looking up a flight of stairs!

Cerno, will likely implode sometime over the next two years.
    Just a prediction. But he is sloppy, pops off way too much
    And for some, the term whiner comes to the top of his proclamations of sludge. Pizzagate

Comment by rusty — June 20, 2017 @ 9:57 pm - June 20, 2017

4. rusty – fyi, your Pizzagate charge is factually wrong – see comment 11: http://www.gaypatriot.net/2017/05/17/cernovich-on-the-intel-leaks/#comment-1217285

Thanks for prompting me to look it up. I’ve been trying to remember the name “Lauren Silsby”, comment 12, to maybe look into her deal.

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — June 20, 2017 @ 10:27 pm - June 20, 2017

5. Remember this little gem from 2005?
    ” CNN has apologized for a “technical malfunction” that briefly flashed a black “X” mark over the face of Vice President Dick Cheney during the network’s coverage of a speech on Monday.

The “X” flashed twice, on the air for a total of one-seventh of a second, CNN said Wednesday.”

Comment by The Poetry Man — June 20, 2017 @ 11:38 pm - June 20, 2017

6. Rusty @ #3:

Cerno, will likely implode sometime over the next two years. Just a prediction. But he is sloppy, pops off way too much And for some, the term whiner comes to the top of his proclamations of sludge.

Please run down the list of presenters on The View, CNN, MSNBC, ABC, NBC, SeeBS, NPR, WaPo, NYT, LA Times, etc. to name all the others who are sloppy whiners issuing proclamations of sludge.

“Cerno” and Alex Jones may be David Corn and Mother Jones, for all I know. I just think it is m-a-r-v-a-l-o-u-s how you Progressives can walk into a steaming pile and pick out the one fly which my be ideologically different from the swarming cloud of pestilence.

Comment by Heliotrope — June 21, 2017 @ 4:53 am - June 21, 2017

7. It is amazing what is floating out there

Here is Cerno back in 2015

“You know what: My mind is now closed on an issue. I used to give people who opposed same-sex marriage the benefit of the doubt. Many of my friends oppose gay marriage on religious grounds. But I’ve seen the light.

If you oppose same-sex marriage, you are a bigot. I grew up around racists, and I know bigotry when I see it. You may as well throw around the n-word so far as I’m concerned. You’re not different from a hateful racist who burns crosses into the night.

Sure, your interpretation of the Bible might support bigotry. But guess what: Two-hundred years ago the popular interpretation of the Bible supported slavery. And one-hundred years ago, the popular interpretation of the Bible supported segregation. The popular interpretation of the Bible was wrong then. And it’s wrong now.

It’s time to reflect: Does the Bible truly support your views? Does Christ ever speak on the issue? Or do you simply harbor a disdain for those who are different, and thus feel inspired to read words that are not even there?

I’m reminded of Thomas Jefferon’s remarks on slavery: “Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just: that his justice can not sleep forever: that considering numbers, nature and natural means only, a revolution of the wheel of fortune, an exchange of situation is among possible events: that it may become probable by supernatural interference!”

May God have mercy on your bigoted souls.”

Comment by rusty — June 21, 2017 @ 8:47 am - June 21, 2017

8. So rusty…you approve of him?

Seriously – you just proved that Cernovich is 1) pro gay, and 2) enemies with the racist/neonazi part of the alt-right, as we all should be. (I suspected both were true.)

I find him too left-wing for me, on certain other issues. For example, Cernovich supports socialized medicine. (Ugh.) But like I said…when he’s right he’s right; I’ll take truth where I find it. Until/unless he does implode, he’s worth watching.

On top of his centrist tendencies, we’ve also disproven the Pizza connection. AND, he’s great with his Persian-American wife and kid and their dog. So really rusty, I’d think you would love the guy.

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — June 21, 2017 @ 12:03 pm - June 21, 2017

9. National Review

The White House Should Not Be Promoting Mike Cernovich

by Ian Tuttle
    April 5, 2017 4:00 AM

@iptuttle
    The testosterone-obsessed conspiracist makes an unsavory social-media warrior for the White House.

In June, Mike Cernovich published a post at his blog Danger & Play, declaring that “there was more than one shooter” in the Pulse nightclub shooting in Orlando, Fl., that killed 49 people and injured 53 others; on Twitter, he accused the government and the media of engaging in a “cover-up.” In September, following the first presidential debate between Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton, Cernovich declared that the debate was “rigged” and that “the microphones were set up to make Trump sound unlike his usual self.” It was Cernovich who over the summer popularized the idea that Clinton was suffering from a “grave neurological condition” (one of the Twitter hashtags he used to promote his theory, “#ZombieHillary,” was picked up by Rush Limbaugh on his radio show). And it was Cernovich who was mainly responsible for “Pizza-gate,” the conspiracy theory that Clinton and other Democratic-party officials were running an underground child-sex ring out of a Washington, D.C., pizza parlor, Comet Ping Pong, and which culminated in the shop being shot up by a mentally ill man from North Carolina.

Comment by rusty — June 21, 2017 @ 3:37 pm - June 21, 2017

10. Obviously, Tuttle is as wrong on one or two things as you were, rusty. Quoting him being wrong, doesn’t make either of you right. 😉

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — June 21, 2017 @ 3:55 pm - June 21, 2017

11. Scott Pelley [of CBS “60 minutes”]: When you heard about the guy who shot up the pizzeria?

Mike Cernovich: Mm-hmm (affirmative).

Scott Pelley: What did you think?

Mike Cernovich: Well, at the time there was no evidence connecting him to [a couple of Hillary Clinton stories on their minds]. But that was a very sad thing. Very unfortunate thing.

Scott Pelley: Uh, uh, uh no evidence connecting who to what?

Mike Cernovich: Well, the shooter, I didn’t know anything about the shooter. But when it happened, and I heard about it and I read about it, it was a very sad thing.

Scott Pelley: But the pizzeria was part of this child pedophile –

Mike Cernovich: I never claimed that.

Scott Pelley: You didn’t name this pizzeria?

Mike Cernovich: Correct. I never –

Scott Pelley: That, that is –

Mike Cernovich: Never claimed that .

Scott Pelley: That is absolutely true.

Mike Cernovich: Correct.

Scott Pelley: We verified that you never named it.

Mike Cernovich: Right.

Scott Pelley: But wasn’t this an indication of fake news getting out of control? People picking up guns to take justice into their own hands after reading stuff like you put on your website that is based on fantasy?

Mike Cernovich: Well, first of all, we have to draw lines between what I wrote, which is an expert analysis on Hillary Clinton’s health, versus a completely different story, where I never named the pizzeria. And I never thought that the pizzeria was at the center of this. And then people, I would say that it was fake news that people would try to connect me to that pizzeria thing when I never said there was never anything going on in there. And moreover, [as a] lawyer, it would strike me a utterly bizarre if a pizzeria were running any kind of weird operation out of it. 100%. I never, I never wrote that story.

Scott Pelley: [Shows agreement by moving on, not contradicting Cernovich]

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — June 21, 2017 @ 4:32 pm - June 21, 2017

12. https://mobile.twitter.com/cernovich/status/801690170701398016

Comment by rusty — June 21, 2017 @ 4:37 pm - June 21, 2017

13. Cerno popping off on Pizzagate

Comment by rusty — June 21, 2017 @ 4:42 pm - June 21, 2017

14. Oh and look more, Cerno in his regular slot on the Alex Jones
    Show

Comment by rusty — June 21, 2017 @ 5:03 pm - June 21, 2017

15. rusty: Some elite pedophile crimes are all too real. google “Dennis Hastert pedophile”. Or “Jeffrey Epstein pedophile”.

Or read Milo’s article, http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/09/21/heres-why-the-progressive-left-keeps-sticking-up-for-pedophiles/

To the extent that it’s real, I’ve commented on it before and I will again.

Whatever his flaws, Cernovich NEVER connected any of the crimes to that restaurant in DC you’re thinking of. That’s fact.

I think part of your confusion here is that the p-hashtag’s meaning (which, by the way, you are the one mentioning/spreading at this point) was changed over time. I’ve been assuming that you had in mind the bad events of 12/4/2016.

Analogy – Suppose someone invents “alt Right” to mean “alternative, anti-Establishment Right”. Then, say, racists publish manifestos using the term. Someone had earlier said “Yeah, I’m that” – but now they say “No, I’m not that; I didn’t change, but the term did.” It’s allowed.

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — June 21, 2017 @ 5:38 pm - June 21, 2017

16. I never said he outright connected any thing to anyone

He is a trained lawyer. And knows what and when to

He has a regular time slot with Alex, and his periscope time and YouTube Fun is quite revealing.

Comment by rusty — June 21, 2017 @ 5:47 pm - June 21, 2017

17. Duly noted. (Noted a long time ago, in fact.)

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — June 21, 2017 @ 5:57 pm - June 21, 2017

18. P.S. I’m also aware that Peter Schiff and Paul Joseph Watson appear on Alex Jones. They’re awesome. Again, I dislike Jones…but isn’t it funny, how at least some of Jones’ guests can be worthwhile?

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — June 22, 2017 @ 10:08 pm - June 22, 2017

19. […] 3 in my series this month, “How fake is CNN? At least this fake.” (Most recent entry here.) Because of CNN’s fake Trumprussia story that they had to retract. And because of Project […]

Pingback by GayPatriot » Sharyl Attkisson nails it — June 27, 2017 @ 3:33 pm - June 27, 2017