Feel the Bern

Bernie Sanders’ wife is under FBI investigation for possible fraud after she exaggerated (some would say lied) to get her employer, bankrupt Burlington College, a $10 million bank loan.

It’s less clear if Bernie himself is under investigation; but he could be, as the question of whether he improperly pressured the bank also needs looking into. I’ve also seen allegations (that I haven’t confirmed) of Jane Sanders possibly handing out jobs and money to friends and family and taking a nifty $200,000 severance when she left BC in 2011 (prior to its 2014 bankruptcy).

None of this is a surprise. Here at GP, we notice endless examples of left-wing hypocrisy. And I’ve long seen through the self-serving nature of Bernie’s behavior and comments. For example, in 2016 I noticed that he would condemn left-wing political violence – in a superficial way that deflects the blame to others; not meaning it.

1. “Do as I say, not as I do,” is the mantra of the socialists and commies types. Tax those nasty rich people while I have three homes, including a lakefront one on Lake Champlain. Run a college into the ground as Comrade Sister Sanders did, and keep raking in the money. Complain about tax breaks for the rich while you take deductions for three homes and charity. I could go on and on about the two faced piece of scum that Sanders and his wife is.

Comment by davinci38 — June 27, 2017 @ 6:10 pm - June 27, 2017

2. What I want to know is the name of My-Initials-Are-BS-For-A-Reason’s accountant.

The dude managed to get My-Initials-Are-BS-For-A-Reason to have to pay less than 15% of “fair share” in taxes when I’m over 37% and yet I’m told that my butt still owes some more to his client’s dear gubermint “employer”.

Please someone gimme the guy’s phone number — his fine bottles of Bourgogne red wines (yes, I repeat, Bordeaux *is* oft-overrated, mind you) will be on me for a full year.

Serious.

Comment by Cyril — June 27, 2017 @ 11:49 pm - June 27, 2017

3. “Do as I say, not as I do,” is the mantra of the socialists and commies types.

Pretty much. The ones in charge anyway. There are decent folk within the regular Joe’s, though.

Comment by CrayCrayPatriot — June 28, 2017 @ 2:17 am - June 28, 2017

4. Cray,Cray, —- HUH?

I know plenty of socialism-directed DemonizingRats that are perfectly amiable and are get-along kind of “joe’s” until they go looney on politics and using government force to please their version of “social justice.”

Furthermore, no million-to-zillionaire socialist loon is prevented in any way whatsoever from living like Mother Teresa and showering the poor with their gazillions. Show me one or two, please. It ain’t Hillary or Obambi or Bernie or any Hollyweird fat mouth. Babs and Algore telling us to walk and hang our laundry out to dry — really!!!

What we have is limousine socialists demonizing us little mice for not lifting everyone else up to some mediocre level of treadmill existence. The propaganda machine running the show and the entertainment culture informing the mice and the universities proclaiming the social order are all headed by those who really, really, really claim to care in a heart-bursting way, but they also live large and keep the mice away.

What astounds me is how so very many of the mice really do believe in socialism after so many crash and burn attempts to create it. As the Amish say: “Ve grow too soon old und too late schmart.”

And speaking of the Amish, there is this: Essentially, the Amish are socialists. A 100 year old farmer was on his death bed when his seven children, his 52 grandchildren, 290 great-grandchildren and his 81 great-great grandchildren gathered to wish him off to heaven. He looked at the assembled throng and said: “Where will they all get good farms?”

Meanwhile, socialists in the United States are all keyed up for letting immigrants join our funded and unfunded entitlements. Where will the treasury get all of the money?

Comment by Heliotrope — June 28, 2017 @ 4:01 am - June 28, 2017

5. On the familial and tribal levels Socialism kinda works. Once people fall out the “Monkeysphere” and are no longer considered “people” that sharing falls apart. Happens all the time and is the main reason governmental Socialism will NEVER work.

Comment by Juan — June 28, 2017 @ 9:16 am - June 28, 2017

6. @4 : “Where will the treasury get all of the money?”

Oh, fear not, as the Economico Ignoramus Rex Geniuses they are, they never worry too much about that —

Empirical evidence :

French Assignats

Gosbank

ZWD

Bolivar “Fuerte” (no kidding)

Etc, etc.

Comment by Cyril — June 28, 2017 @ 11:17 am - June 28, 2017

7. It’s official. Al-Cray-da has just jumped the shark.

Regards,