The community is already divided, and everyone under the LGBTQ umbrella doesn’t belong in the same political tent. There are gays who would rather cheer on cops and corporations than support their fellow queers in valid protest. There are gays who would rather safeguard their billion-dollar fortunes and embrace an admitted sexual predator (they mean Milo Y) than pick up the mantle of LGBTQ equality. There are gays who feel more affinity with straight, homophobic racists than with other gays.
Archives for June 28, 2017
- After famously lying to the American people about what happened in Benghazi, and spying on Obama’s domestic opponents, Susan Rice now suggests (while pretending to be above suggesting it) that people criticize her just because they’re racists and sexists.
- Even CNN left-wing kook, Van Jones, will tell you privately that Trumprussia is a “nothingburger”.
- A new study shows that Seattle’s $15 minimum wage is costing jobs.
…boosting pay in low-wage jobs by about 3 percent since 2014 but also resulting in a 9 percent reduction in hours worked in such jobs. That resulted in a 6 percent drop in what employers collectively pay…
The report also estimated that there are about 5,000 fewer low-wage jobs in the city than there would have been without the law.
Yet lefties still support these job-destroying, business-destroying, income-destroying laws.
- The Federal Reserve’s chair, Janet Yellen, says that we won’t see another financial crisis in our lifetimes.
OMG! Famous last words?
On a fun note…Milo had a Coming Out Conservative event in New York.
I’m sure GP readers can relate to idea that nowadays, it is MUCH harder to come out as conservative than as gay.
Illinois is about to enact a massive tax increase. The Republican governor wanted property tax reform coupled with pension reform to tame the state’s out-of-control debt. But the Democrats who control the legislature only know one tool — tax increases — and it was the only one they were willing to use. Even this massive increase in taxes will only put a small dent in the state’s debts; and that’s if the Democrats don’t use it for more spending, which they will. It’s so bad in Illinois that Megamillions and Powerball are going to suspend lottery ticket sales.
Meanwhile, the states of Florida and Texas, which have no income tax, are not only attracting new residents and new business, but are also fiscally solvent.
How can that be if the Democrat formula of high taxes and lavish Government spending is the optimal formula for success? Democrats claim that people want high taxes to pay for the pensions and fine work of Government bureaucrats. Democrats claim that “investments” (spending) on their pet projects pays off with higher wage earners contributing to a robust economy. But it seems like, given a choice, people prefer to live where taxes and levels of “public services” are lower.
As Rush, Hannity, etc. have been pointing out lately, eight months of baseless Trump-Russia collusion allegations seem finally to be blowing up in the faces of the Democrats, Controlled Media and Deep State.
In a recent poll, 73% of Americans said the investigations are causing Congress to lose focus, 64% said they’re hurting the country, 56% said it’s time to move on, and 52% said they don’t believe Trump did any collusion.
And the story itself is taking a few turns. First, I’d like to give the background on something called the Trump Dossier.
- It’s a salacious report on candidate Trump that was put together (in 2015 or 16?) by a former British intelligence agent, Christopher Steele.
- His work was sloppy, containing (among other things) provably-false tales of Trump associates meeting Russians in Europe, and probably-false tales of Trump doing bizarre sexual practices. (OK, tame practices by gay standards.)
- Steele was paid to produce the dossier by a company called Fusion GPS.
- Many suspect that Fusion GPS was paid ultimately by Democrats and/or #NeverTrumpers, and was hired precisely to do a hit piece (something shoddy and salacious).
- The dossier was passed to the FBI and other U.S. agencies. Although they knew it was false in its most serious claims (or should have known), they appear to have used it as a basis for investigations on Trump and as a roadmap for questioning witnesses.
- Also, some suspect that the Obama administration may have used the dossier to obtain their secret FISA warrants and/or NSA surveillance on Trump, during and after the 2016 campaign.
- We need to know on that last point because, *if true*, it would be explosive: one would have to “connect the dots” of Hillary or DNC paying a foreigner for a bogus report on Trump, Obama using the report as a bogus reason to spy on candidate Trump, Susan Rice “unmasking” the data and distributing it within the Obama government, and then leakers possibly leaking Trump campaign secrets to media, DNC and/or Hillary. Quite a trick.
It’s backfiring on the Democrats because at long last, the Senate Judiciary committee is investigating Fusion GPS and who was behind the bogus dossier.
Next, I’d like to discuss The Washington Post’s blockbuster article last Friday on Russian election hacking, a game-changer.
WaPo is known for “burying the lede”: putting a title/frame on a story that tries to mask the important revelations within it. This article is titled “Obama’s secret struggle to punish Russia for Putin’s election assault”. Thus, WaPo’s frame is: Russian election hacking is real and isn’t Obama a lonely hero for having tried to punish Russia?
But the article’s details tell a different story.
- Everyone agrees, still, that Russia didn’t change a single vote. In that respect, the 2016 election was perfectly fair and un-hacked.
- The CIA did report to Obama in 2016 that Russia was trying to do cyber-crime on various U.S. targets, including both the DNC and RNC.
- For five months, Obama dithered and considered various responses and, in the end, he did…nothing. Until after the election (when he expelled some Russian diplomats, tightened some sanctions, and fanned the flames of protest and questioning Trump’s legitimacy).
“It is the hardest thing about my entire time in government to defend,” said a former senior Obama administration official involved in White House deliberations on Russia [in the months before the election]. “I feel like we sort of choked.”
I want to make clear that I still do not take this “Russia hacking” narrative at face value. My reasons:
- Still no evidence. The WaPo article doesn’t actually provide any.
- After Wikileaks Vault 7 (including revelations that the CIA itself routinely hacks things and leaves Russian fingerprints), there is no reason to take the CIA’s word on anything – without evidence.
- Also, Russia could have tried to hack into stuff – but with little or no effect.
- In regard to the “DNC emails”, at least, it is still very plausible the leaker was Seth Rich, a DNC insider. Because Wikileaks dropped many hints about it. (At this point, yes I trust their hints more than the CIA’s.)
- And it still doesn’t matter who leaked the “DNC emails” because they were 100% true and relevant information that American voters deserved. If it was Russia, they did not attack our nation or our democracy; only our 2 major-party Establishments. (Big difference.)
- It is still exceedingly odd that the DNC denied FBI investigators access to their computers after the leaks. Instead, the DNC spoon-fed the FBI a report on supposed Russian hacking from another shoddy, DNC-paid company, CrowdStrike.
But let’s say it’s all true. Most observers agree that the major countries all try to hack each other (or spy), and to influence each other’s elections. And that Russia and the U.S. have been doing it to each other for 70 years or more. Why should 2016 be an exception? In that case,
- It is all the more strange and inappropriate that the DNC didn’t let the FBI in to look at their servers and network, after the alleged “DNC email” hack.
- It is strange and inappropriate that Obama didn’t defend the U.S. constitution (as his oath requires) by telling the American public. Obama was no stranger to stirring up trouble with Russia (see: Ukraine coup, 2014). Why wouldn’t he, here? Some guesses:
- He’s just ineffectual?
- The Russian interference was routine (see above); much less of a deal than WaPo is now making of it?
- Obama didn’t want to draw attention to Hillary’s corrupt Russia dealings?
- He didn’t want to draw attention to Democrats having serious problems with security; like, you know, Hillary’s e-mail scandal?
- He didn’t want to draw attention to Hillary’s hypocritical interference in Russian elections?
- He thought Hillary would win, and didn’t want any Russia messes tainting her presidency in the public’s mind? (This is WaPo’s theory. But then, when Trump won, Obama was suddenly OK with tainting the next President?)
- Or: Deep down, Obama didn’t want Hillary to win? (This is Rush’s theory.)
- It is still strange and inappropriate that leading Democrats want to blame Republicans – and the American people – in all this. For example, from Rep. Adam Schiff:
He said many groups inadvertently abetted Russia’s campaign, including Republicans who refused to confront Moscow and media organizations that eagerly mined the troves of hacked emails.
In other words, damn the American people for opening their eyes and reading those 100% genuine DNC emails!
In short: If WaPo’s story is true, then instead of Trump-Russia collusion, we should be looking at Obama-Russia collusion and Obama-Hillary collusion. This is the game-changer.
Trumprussia was always “mostly bullsh*t”, as we learned Tuesday. The real story would be if the Russian government interfered in U.S. elections – and President Obama let them. Then made a big deal of it later – just to undermine President Trump. Now *that’s* attacking American democracy.
In every plausible version of this mess,
- Someone in the government spread around the fake Trump dossier (when they should have ignored/discredited it).
- The DNC hid an alleged crime scene from FBI investigators.
- Susan Rice wrongly “unmasked” data on domestic political opponents.
- Obama failed to do a thing about Russian interference; until it was time for him, and various Deep State leakers, to undermine a lawful new President whom they just didn’t like.