3 Things to Like About President Trump; 3 Things not to Like. Go.

Posted by V the K at 12:57 am - June 30, 2017.
Filed under: Donald Trump

We’re six months into the PDT Era, and there’s no sign of the gay concentration camps Rachel Maddow said were forthcoming. But Shirley we must be developing some opinions on how he’s doing so far. So here’s my list(cicle) of three things I like about PDT so far, and three things I really don’t care for. First, what I likes:

1. I like that he doesn’t let himself be a punching bag for the Democrat Media Complex. The last two Republican presidents seemed to think that defending their administration’s policies from Democrat attacks was ungentlemanly. Trump has also identified the weak point of the Media Establishment — their egos. Most of the media operatives, especially on television, are dumb, vain, and egomaniacal. Trump knows that if he pokes them, they will go into paroxysms of “How Dare He Criticize Us” vituperation. He provokes the very media temper tantrums that discredit the media.

2. I like that some of Obama’s executive overreach has been repealed, and that some of Obama’s worst policy decisions are being revoked. We’re out of the Paris Redistribution of Wealth to the Third World Accords. Criminal aliens are being deported once again. Israel isn’t being treated as a Pariah state. More please this.

3. Neil Gorsuch was an outstanding Supreme Court appointment. Good Lord, can you imagine the horrible people Hillary would be putting on the court? Sotomayor and Kagan were bad enough. Try Justice Kamala Harris on for size. (Not that it would be her, but it would be someone just as hard left, just as hyperpartisan, and just as corrupt). Democrat presidents never nominate swing votes.

Now, three things what I don’t like about Trump’s presidency so far.

1. I don’t care for the Tweeting. It’s not the Tweeting itself I mind. I understand that PDT needs a way to get his side directly to the people because the Democrat Media Complex is bent on his destruction. But there’s too much ‘Angry old man’ and not enough ‘Leader of the Free World’ in the content of his Tweets for my taste.

2. It doesn’t really seem like the Swamp is being drained. Maybe it’s part of a longer term stategy, but so far, there seems to be very little movement in the direction of changing the way the political class conducts business. The bureaucracy remains out of control, and his cabinet picks have done little to reform their departments.

3. Being a deficit hawk, I’m disappointed that Trump signed off on the massive Omnibus bill. (Remember when Paul Ryan promised no more omnibuses? That federal departments would be funded by individual appropriations bills once the Republicans took over? Yeah, that. Trump doesn’t seem, on the whole, very concerned about debt or deficits.

I could have made other choices in either category, but I think those are my top three. What are yours?

1. Fair enough. And very thoughtful. Good on you.

Comment by Heliotrope — June 30, 2017 @ 1:10 am - June 30, 2017

2. Because I’m very Gadsen Flag combo anti-authoritarian this week I’m just going to do one of each. I understand that billionaires & generals are eccentric in their style & dress, but I just don’t like Pres Trump’s hair. I understand that his tweeting is indeed important to the hardcore Trump train occupant because it’s a direct message to them & me when I’m in the mood to be hang out in the caboose. I like the tweeting because I understand Trump’s personality & sense of humor. Unless you’re Jackie Oh hanging out in her hermitage apartment in Manhattan, Trump’s a downtown kind of guy & he’s got bucks. He has a sense of humor & being catty to Mika in return for her being catty to him is funny. So, I’m not a big fan (to say the least) of comb-overs & I like dreadful velvet underground humor. Mika being shocked or insulted just isn’t possible.

Comment by Hanover — June 30, 2017 @ 1:30 am - June 30, 2017

3. Trump’s latest tweet is so childish and sophomoric. Can’t he just shut up occasionally?

Comment by davinci38 — June 30, 2017 @ 8:38 am - June 30, 2017

4. I like your points. In no particular order,

–PDT is the worst President ever, except for all of the others that have been tried.

— History shows again and again, how nature points up the folly of men. The Politician-Media alliance created POTUS Trump. They poisoned the environment to the point that no other statesman could survive and made it inevitable that someone like him would emerge. Could you picture any one of the other candidates that would have made it out of January without throwing them-self off the Jefferson Memorial?

— He’s getting plenty done, and it’s a big swamp. I’m not going to get into the weeds about what’s done and what isn’t and what could’a should’a would’a gone better. He doing a better job at it than anyone else I could name.

— I don’t twit and couldn’t care less about the content of any tweets. I love the fact that he can and does Twitter. It’s brilliant. FDR Fireside Chat brilliant.

— One thing that did (pleasantly) surprise me is all of the State visits (both home and away). Most of it is pomp and circumstance, but he’s clearly loving every minute of it. Even watching the little details just gives you the sense that his mood is infectious — yesterday POTUS and FLOTUS* were standing in their driveway waiting for the President of South Korea to get out of her car. They would surrounded by a half dozen soldiers in their Dress Blues. Each one, from the flag bearers to the boys snapping off salutes, was wearing their best, blankest poker face. Still, you could tell by their pop that they really appreciated where they were and what it means to really have a Commander-In-Chief.

* — Not sure, but it looked like she was wearing a Marge Simpson hacked up version of the same dress she wore to the Senator’s wedding last week. To be fair, it was a nice dress. I’ve never been one to follow royal fashion before, but I looked up the dress makers and one of them makes an awfully nice looking pair of men’s loafers at $600 a pop.

Comment by Sathar — June 30, 2017 @ 8:47 am - June 30, 2017

5. Not altogether on Trump but he could have done more on REPEALING OBAMA DON”T CARE! No replace bs. just repeal, like they tried umpteen times when they knew it was sure bet to be vetoed. I think many Republicans have exposed themselves (eeuuewww) as the big gov./lobby bought shills they are.

Comment by Rex — June 30, 2017 @ 9:07 am - June 30, 2017

6. I don’t care for Trump’s tweeting but I try to keep a perspective.
    Donald Trump: Tweets a crude insult about Democrat Media Operatives who hate him anyway.
    Barack Obama: Gave billions of American dollars to a terrorist Government bent on our destruction.
    Hillary Clinton: Let four Americans be murdered in Benghazi and then went to their families and lied to their faces about a YouTube video.
    Perspective.

Comment by V the K — June 30, 2017 @ 9:46 am - June 30, 2017

7. For me, V the K, pretty much everything you said is spot on

Comment by TAD — June 30, 2017 @ 10:13 am - June 30, 2017

8. The Good

1) Judges so far and other appointments. Solid choices so far.

2) he doesn’t take the attacks by the media and the left laying down

3) He seems to be in the right direction on our allies and enemies.

The bad

1) Judges and appointments. Faster, please.

2) Maturity on counter-battery fire. I love CNN’s apoplexy, but better to be professionally snarky.

3) Faster please on supporting our allies and hampering our enemies.

Comment by The_Livewire — June 30, 2017 @ 10:24 am - June 30, 2017

9. TRUMPs tweets are part of him identifying the swamp and peoples biases. So many conservatives have outed themselves as cuckservatives who would rather be paid to lose as noble opposition. The cuckservatives are part of the swamp.

Even the oathkeepers have gone full cuck with the disavow game.

Comment by Steve — June 30, 2017 @ 12:22 pm - June 30, 2017

10. does anybody think trump gets distracted by these tweets he make? seems to me that it is his opposition and people that support him who think “what will people say” that get distracted. it is my opinion that the republican party has lived in utter fear of the democrat party-media complex for decades. trump is proving that that is a completely irrational fear. the complex may not be anywhere near as powerful as everyone thought it was. and that includes the complex. I think that is one of the reasons the complex seems to keep losing it’s mind of some innocuous tweet.

Comment by salg — June 30, 2017 @ 12:34 pm - June 30, 2017

11. The republican party has lived in utter fear of the democrat party-media complex for decades. trump is proving that that is a completely irrational fear.

True. Sometimes, it takes someone to say “Why not?” when people say “You can’t do that.”

Comment by V the K — June 30, 2017 @ 1:00 pm - June 30, 2017

12. Some people may say that PDT is rude and crude, but I think his heart is in the right place and he really does want to improve the lives of the citizens of this country. I also think he is the only candidate from the Republican field that could have possibly won against HRC. For keeping her out of the White House, I can overlook A LOT of what he says. It has been an uphill battle for President Trump from the very beginning what with the Democrats and the Media swinging sledgehammers at him and the Establishment Republicans hitting him in the back of the knees with ball peen hammers. His stance on the climate BS and his Supreme Court nomination are enough for me to still be doing my happy dance.

Comment by Not A Liberal Mom — June 30, 2017 @ 4:45 pm - June 30, 2017

13. I love his slashing the power of the regulatory agencies. Ditto on the Justice picks. His pulling out of stupid international agreements. Dislikes: Buying into the illogical Russia interference malarkey.( If Russia interfered, wouldn’t they prefer Hillary? She would have probably given them Alaska) A lack of policy background. Maybe the hair. ( It’s probably a device to deflect bullets) All I can say is I am glad it’s him , not Hillary.

Comment by Matthew the Oilman — June 30, 2017 @ 9:34 pm - June 30, 2017

14. […] 3 Things to Like About President Trump; 3 Things not to Like. Go. […]

Pingback by The Weekly Headlines – Br Andrew's Muses — July 2, 2017 @ 7:14 am - July 2, 2017