Obama Was Trump Before Trump Was Trump

Posted by V the K at 11:52 am - June 30, 2017.
Filed under: Democrats & Double Standards

Remember when Barack Obama gave a middle finger salute to his political opponent?

Remember when Barack Obama called a political opponent a “bullsh-tter?”

Remember when Barack Obama described a female political opponent in terms of “lipstick on a pig?”

Remember when Barack Obama referred to working class Americans as xenophobic bitter clingers?

Remember when Barack Obama said that the police were stupid? Remember when he said they were racists?

Remember when Barack Obama bashed Christians over events that happened hundreds of years ago? Remember when Barack Obama blamed Christians for slavery and Jim Crow? At the National Prayer Breakfast, no less.

Remember when Barack Obama compared the Republican Caucus to terrorists and extremists?

Pepperidge Farm remembers.

What I don’t remember is apoplectic fits of self-righteous indignation from the media.

In fact, almost all of them defended his nasty remarks and gestures; or at least gave him a pass.

I guess it’s because Obama directed his nastiness at Republicans and working class Americans.

Not the Holy, Blameless Saints of the Washington Press Corps. (Or is it “Press Corpse.”

1. Good reminders. There’s no doubt that Obama lowered the office.

My point yesterday (about Trump’s tweet) is just that he shouldn’t *also* be lowering the office.

It’s relevant to point out the pearl-clutching hypocrisy of our virtue-signalling lefties. And I still wish, sigh, that the President of the United States wouldn’t gossip about people or feud on personal matters.

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — June 30, 2017 @ 11:58 am - June 30, 2017

2. This was not intended as a tu quoque. I find Trump’s tweets objectionable.

I just wanted to point out that Trump didn’t bring politics to the gutter; he just recognizes that that’s the terrain where Democrats want to fight. Because up until now, Republicans have been afraid to get their wingtips dirty.

Comment by V the K — June 30, 2017 @ 12:07 pm - June 30, 2017

3. Barry probably pronounces it “press corpse.” At least twice, he referred to a Navy medical technician as a “corpse man.”

Comment by Tom — June 30, 2017 @ 12:10 pm - June 30, 2017

4. Heres a good one for you that give you a laugh

Comment by James — June 30, 2017 @ 1:15 pm - June 30, 2017

5. I’ve re-read Pres Trump’s tweets. I’m sorry, they’re just not that bad. They’re just a side remark aimed at two idiots that no one, even in the Democrat Media, is exceptionally sympathetic towards. They’re also, not the only tweets he’s been tweeting. The tempest has already come & gone before noon central time.

V’s examples are timely.

Trump’s tweets are very important to keeping his base intact. Those who don’t have their first edition Trump Train tickets don’t get to have an opinion on the matter that counts.

Comment by Hanover — June 30, 2017 @ 1:44 pm - June 30, 2017

6. I believe the Left is upset because President Trump is effectively using the Left’s own weapons against them. They started this mud fight. They shouldn’t be complaining that the President is slinging the mud right back at them.

Comment by Juan — June 30, 2017 @ 2:08 pm - June 30, 2017

7. I’ll give you this: All those media people who now worry about violence against themselves and saying they’ll “know where the fault lies” if it happens, like Jeffrey Goldberg of The Atlantic, are ridiculous.

Because, if you believe their logic, then…. We would have to blame THEM for arousing or inciting an actual crime that already happened, when James T. Hodgkinson shot Steve Scalise.

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — June 30, 2017 @ 2:51 pm - June 30, 2017

8. I do remember Obama being critical of Christianity many times.

I don’t remember him ever being critical of Islam.

I don’t recall him ever defending Jesus Christ.

I do recall him saying, “future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam.”

His bias is blatant.

Comment by Craig Smith — June 30, 2017 @ 3:27 pm - June 30, 2017

9. It’s the Frankenstein’s Monster effect. Though no one of importance has really pushed it, the Dem Media Radicalizing the Left can always be pulled out of the toolbox when needed.

We’ll see what Scalise has to say when he’s recovered enough to be a Louisianan enough to point fingers. I’ve heard he’s not shy. It’s why he’s Whip.

Comment by Hanover — June 30, 2017 @ 3:48 pm - June 30, 2017

10. Craig Smith (#8). I had wondered if he preferred Shia or Sunni Islam. With the Iran deal, I think we found out. (Or maybe it was just because they are the bigger FU to the US of A that BHO hated?)

Comment by TheQuietMan — June 30, 2017 @ 4:54 pm - June 30, 2017