Amongst the natives

Mark Zuckerberg has been visiting Middle America. You know, to better understand us deplorables.

Here he is with oil workers in the Dakotas. His coveralls are backward. Nobody told him:

Mark Zuckerberg with oil workers and his coveralls backward

UPDATE: All poking-fun aside 🙂 it’s fair to say that we can’t be sure anything is wrong. The inference from the visual is that the standard coveralls there have parallel stripes in front that become crossed stripes in back. Zuckerberg’s could be different. Or for that matter, the guy with the crossed stripes could be different? TheQuietMan notes, “The pocket and collar look correct.”

1. ” But all my wife’s stuff zips up the back…”

Comment by Ted B. (Charging Rhino) — July 15, 2017 @ 7:00 pm - July 15, 2017

2. Um
    Found a pic on the Facebook page of Energy of Nityh Dakota

Z’s coveralls aren’t on backwards

Comment by rusty — July 15, 2017 @ 8:13 pm - July 15, 2017

3. http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l569/rusty98119/IMG_2251_zpsnmn2aw08.jpg

Comment by rusty — July 15, 2017 @ 8:22 pm - July 15, 2017

4. Oh, so after awhile, he figured it out and/or someone did tell him, and they took more photos.

Unless you mean that the first picture – the one where he has them on backward – is a photoshop?

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — July 15, 2017 @ 10:07 pm - July 15, 2017

5. They aren’t on backwards.

Look at the pics

But again, that’s too much work

Comment by rusty — July 15, 2017 @ 10:16 pm - July 15, 2017

6. rusty – You’re the one not looking. Try again.

Look at the pic in the post. The parallel stripes down are on Zuckerberg’s *back*, suggesting that the unseen crossed stripes are on his front.

Whereas, in your linked pic, it’s the opposite.

The difference must be explained. One explanation could be that he initially had them on wrong, as suggested in the post. Another could be photoshop. Another could be that not everybody (or not Z) had those crossed stripes in the back; maybe only the one guy had them. Hmm, which? I’ll grant that it’s become an open question, on present information.

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — July 15, 2017 @ 10:20 pm - July 15, 2017

7. Look at the link at Energy of North Dakota FB

Comment by rusty — July 15, 2017 @ 10:33 pm - July 15, 2017

8. Oh for F sake Jeff

Comment by rusty — July 15, 2017 @ 10:36 pm - July 15, 2017

9. Yes, Zuckerberg left the platform, switched his coveralls and returned for the photo shoot

Yes, twitter posts are all so real and honest

BDB should be so proud of your integrity and honesty

Comment by rusty — July 15, 2017 @ 10:44 pm - July 15, 2017

10. And I did save the posts with a screenshot
    If this posts conveniently gets deleted

Comment by rusty — July 15, 2017 @ 10:46 pm - July 15, 2017

11. Snarkily questioning my integrity – you really want to go down that road? Anyone can, of course; I’m just posing the question to *you*. It would be a change in how we relate. Just double-checking if you wanted that.

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — July 15, 2017 @ 10:57 pm - July 15, 2017

12. Did you check your info before you posted? Yes or No

Comment by rusty — July 15, 2017 @ 10:59 pm - July 15, 2017

13. Waiting for your answer, rusty.

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — July 15, 2017 @ 11:01 pm - July 15, 2017

14. And where did you get the idea for your post?

Comment by rusty — July 15, 2017 @ 11:02 pm - July 15, 2017

15. The Energy of North Dakota FB site has photos just like Zuckerberg’s page

So do you ‘splaining Jeff

Comment by rusty — July 15, 2017 @ 11:05 pm - July 15, 2017

16. Your ‘splaining . . . Will delight in your explanation

Comment by rusty — July 15, 2017 @ 11:07 pm - July 15, 2017

17. They might be on right. The pocket and collar look correct.

Comment by TheQuietMan — July 15, 2017 @ 11:12 pm - July 15, 2017

18. I put an appropriate update on the post, rusty.

Thank you for making clear where I actually stand with you. In the past, you’ve gone to great lengths to suggest your friendliness. I now see your real attitude. Thanks for revealing it. Good luck to you.

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — July 15, 2017 @ 11:12 pm - July 15, 2017

19. Oh, please, you are posting with such disregard.

Whatevs

Comment by rusty — July 15, 2017 @ 11:14 pm - July 15, 2017

20. But I do count on you for the other side of the story,

Thanks.

Comment by rusty — July 15, 2017 @ 11:19 pm - July 15, 2017

21. You sound kind of drunk actually, so I’ve put you on moderation until the morning.

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — July 15, 2017 @ 11:21 pm - July 15, 2017

22. [Moderator-approved, unchanged]

You be right, 3 oz martinis on a 96 degree

Sucking them down like water.

Had to have DoorDash deliver because driving wasn’t an option

But, still J, you might want to consider a quick check.

Anyway, smooches

Comment by rusty — July 15, 2017 @ 11:28 pm - July 15, 2017

23. I dunno. Mark Zuckerberg goes to the Heartland and you make a misguided joke about how he’s out of his element? I mean …

Eesh. Damned if you do and damned if you don’t, I guess.

And, it’s not even true. ILoveCapitalism, you are generally so meticulous about dotting all your i’s and crossing all your t’s.

And I did save the posts with a screenshot
    If this posts conveniently gets deleted

I started doing this when I discovered comments getting deleted/modified, etc. Things disappear and I think I’m going mad. So, it’s my only solution to realising I’m not going mad, lol.

Comment by CrayCrayPatriot — July 15, 2017 @ 11:43 pm - July 15, 2017

24. The only comments getting modified should be mine. Generally just in the first few minutes. Let me know if you think something non-obvious is happening to yours or others’. (On the rare occasions I modify another’s comment, it will be [obvious – like above]. If you’ve seen mysterious changes, I would need to be informed.)

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — July 15, 2017 @ 11:48 pm - July 15, 2017

25. When we had an exchange about a month ago, I was commenting on your harsh language. I checked my phone and you made a comment about talking with a family member and then deleted it. And checked the thread again and the comment was gone.

It just reminded me that you can post things and then remove/modify them.

Comment by CrayCrayPatriot — July 16, 2017 @ 1:12 am - July 16, 2017

26. Memory almost gone, but I think I regretted mentioning family. Another thing that happens occasionally is, I make a hefty comment and think “Damn, that should be a post. Let’s pull it back for that.” But if I see there’s been a response, I’ll go “Oops, too late” and leave it.

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — July 16, 2017 @ 1:21 am - July 16, 2017

27. It’s funny how Rusty and CrayCray pick a silly post on Zuckerberg to get all self-righteous about fact-checking, but have been pretty silent recently on the meatier posts about Russia, etc. What’s up, guys? Where ya been?

Comment by TAD — July 16, 2017 @ 2:25 am - July 16, 2017

28. People have told me before that I’m too meticulous; I should relax, let something silly or potentially-mistaken through, and see who’s been waiting to pounce 😉

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — July 16, 2017 @ 2:36 am - July 16, 2017

29. TAD, I’ve been on holiday in Queensland the last two weeks.

If it’s important to you to know why I’m absent sometimes, then give me your email, and I can post my schedule for the next few months.

Cheers,
    CCP

Comment by CrayCrayPatriot — July 16, 2017 @ 5:01 am - July 16, 2017

30. Zuck’s Running for President in 2020. He’s going to promise everyone $75,000 a year for Life on Farmville.

Comment by firefirefire — July 16, 2017 @ 8:12 am - July 16, 2017

31. OK, I’m confused.

I get the big X on the back. Dark blue coveralls, safety helmet, smoke, night … the X tells you which way the guy is facing. “Follow me” means keep your eyes on the X.

What we can not tell is if anyone else besides Zuckerberg is missing the X on his back.

The “detective work” here has turned to vinegar, because of amateur sleuthing. Those reflective markings have a very important placement which will be fully explained in the safety manuals. They probably are tied to OSHA regulations, as well.

Until more is known, according to Rusty’s sleuthing, they gave Zuckerberg a shirt that has a bar on each shoulder that drops down about a foot front and back. That means, in dense smoke, you would not know if he is coming of going. Sounds about right to me concerning Zuckerberg, but not in terms of the reason for having the X.

So, Rusty, scout around some more. Your picture with the partial bars coming over the shoulders and part way down his chest does not (can not) show his back. Perhaps he has the X on his back in that photo, which means he changed either his top or reversed it.

This is not a matter of high importance, but you have lit out on it like a tectonic plate is about to smash California into Iowa.

Comment by Heliotrope — July 16, 2017 @ 9:58 am - July 16, 2017

32. Looks like the oil workers wanted to throw his sorry ass off the rig.

Comment by BobN — July 16, 2017 @ 10:05 am - July 16, 2017

33. CCP…I was just teasing you…please don’t take it personally. I don’t need your schedule. I hope your travels are safe.

Comment by TAD — July 16, 2017 @ 10:16 am - July 16, 2017

34. It’s Zuckerberg’s philosophy that’s on backwards.

Comment by Rex — July 16, 2017 @ 11:38 am - July 16, 2017

35. heliotrope,

It will be quite the ordeal for you to discover the truth. .

But step 1

Go back to # 8 posting, click on the link

Step 2, now compare the overalls of Zuckrrberg and the other person behind him.

Step 3. Pretty much identical overall / jumpsuit

Sorry for confusion

Comment by rusty — July 16, 2017 @ 12:10 pm - July 16, 2017

36. I believe it was Jim Treacher who observed that when Zuckerberg is meeting real Americans, he always looks like the alien in a scifi movie trying to understand human emotions.

Comment by V the K — July 16, 2017 @ 12:36 pm - July 16, 2017

37. Rex and Treacher win 🙂

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — July 16, 2017 @ 12:49 pm - July 16, 2017

38. The guy facing the camera with the red t-shirt may have the same kind of coveralls as Zuckerberg, and he appears to only have the two bars over the shoulders. Could be a sign of a different role (analogous to different colored shirts on the flight deck of an aircraft carrier), or when the coveralls were bought, or completely random.

Comment by TheQuietMan — July 16, 2017 @ 1:57 pm - July 16, 2017

39. OK, Rusty, I did as told and the guy standing behind Zuckerberg has the same front as Zuckerberg, but on my computer you can’t see his back to tell if those stripes going over his shoulders cross and form an X on his back.

I am using a MacBook Pro with Sierra 10.12.5. Do you suppose it in an Apple problem?

I notice in the picture ILC embedded that the three men behind and to just to the left of Zuckerberg have stripes going over their shoulders just like Zuckerberg. But, again, my computer will not show me their backs. The only two backs are Zuckerberg’s with no X on his back and a guy with an X on his back.

So, I am still confused as to how you have reached your “proof” that ILC is in error.

Comment by Heliotrope — July 16, 2017 @ 3:44 pm - July 16, 2017

40. Hi Rusty!

I found your instructions really easy to follow. Thanks.

And, TAD,

It’s often difficult to discern the tone of a post. But, thank you for the clarifications. Hugs. xo

Comment by CrayCrayPatriot — July 16, 2017 @ 4:20 pm - July 16, 2017

41. The embedded pic on this post isn’t showing up for me. But I will note that visitors to occupational sites sometimes are provided different safety wear/uniforms to use than employees or regular vendors. Sometimes it’s simply a matter of having older safety wear than what is current; on other occasions it’s to highlight the fact that the person wearing the attire is indeed a visitor and therefore may not be aware of evacuation/emergency procedures, which would note to other employees that they need to look out for the person should there be an unforeseen circumstance.

Also, it’s not unheard of for staff on duty to play practical jokes on certain visitors by giving them safety gear that is out-of-the-norm and therefore might look ridiculous to those in the know.

Comment by RSG — July 16, 2017 @ 9:17 pm - July 16, 2017