President Trump continues to take pot shots at his own appointee, Attorney General Sessions. First, we have to admit where Trump is right. Here’s one example:
Why didn’t A.G. Sessions replace Acting FBI Director Andrew McCabe, a Comey friend who was in charge of Clinton investigation but got big dollars ($700,000) for his wife’s political run from Hillary Clinton and her representatives. Drain the Swamp!
- The FBI and DOJ leaderships are indeed politically corrupted. Trump probably hired Sessions to clean them up.
- Andrew McCabe is indeed a raging Democrat whose wife takes money from Hillary.
- Special Counsel Mueller does hire only strict Hillary partisans, and looks to be going out of control. (He was supposed to deliver a timely report on 2016 election interference. It looks like that won’t be happening.)
- Former FBI Director, James “Leaker” Comey, probably was a “fixer” for the Clintons as I explained at length, awhile back.
- Sessions should indeed be focused on these matters, and on the government leaks (which are probably related to these matters or a good entrance into them) – NOT marijuana.
But, given all that…Why doesn’t Trump just fire him? And don’t say “loyalty”.
The only answer I have thought of yet, is if Trump is afraid that he won’t be able to get a decent replacement for Sessions through the Senate. And it has been a joy, sort of, to see Senate Democrats suddenly rush to Sessions’ defense – after having painted him as a racist during his confirmation hearings.
Having said that: Trump’s public humiliation of his own Attorney General is unseemly and unhelpful. He should either fire Sessions already, or straighten him out – in private.