Trump’s thing with Sessions is weird

President Trump continues to take pot shots at his own appointee, Attorney General Sessions. First, we have to admit where Trump is right. Here’s one example:

Why didn’t A.G. Sessions replace Acting FBI Director Andrew McCabe, a Comey friend who was in charge of Clinton investigation but got big dollars ($700,000) for his wife’s political run from Hillary Clinton and her representatives. Drain the Swamp!

It’s true.

• The FBI and DOJ leaderships are indeed politically corrupted. Trump probably hired Sessions to clean them up.
  • Andrew McCabe is indeed a raging Democrat whose wife takes money from Hillary.
  • Special Counsel Mueller does hire only strict Hillary partisans, and looks to be going out of control. (He was supposed to deliver a timely report on 2016 election interference. It looks like that won’t be happening.)
  • Former FBI Director, James “Leaker” Comey, probably was a “fixer” for the Clintons as I explained at length, awhile back.
  • Sessions should indeed be focused on these matters, and on the government leaks (which are probably related to these matters or a good entrance into them) – NOT marijuana.

But, given all that…Why doesn’t Trump just fire him? And don’t say “loyalty”.

The only answer I have thought of yet, is if Trump is afraid that he won’t be able to get a decent replacement for Sessions through the Senate. And it has been a joy, sort of, to see Senate Democrats suddenly rush to Sessions’ defense – after having painted him as a racist during his confirmation hearings.

Having said that: Trump’s public humiliation of his own Attorney General is unseemly and unhelpful. He should either fire Sessions already, or straighten him out – in private.

1. My vote : straighten him out – in private.

Comment by TnnsNe1 — July 26, 2017 @ 1:58 pm - July 26, 2017

2. Rush Limbaugh just gave an interesting theory.

By attacking Sessions, he gets the media to back up Sessions.

Then, when Sessions announces investigations into Democrats, how quickly can they turn around without revealing themselves to be the partisan hacks they are?

Comment by Craig Smith — July 26, 2017 @ 2:04 pm - July 26, 2017

3. Tnns – agreed. I suspect that Sessions is basically honorable.

Craig – Interesting theory. But let’s say that happens. Possible next steps:

– Democrats DO turn around, as the partisan hacks they are, and instantly condemn Sessions. Say, for caving into Trump.
    – Establishment Republicans (some of whom would be threatened by the same investigations) join them.
    – Eventually, Trump fires Sessions. Whereupon Democrats turn around yet again and make a thing over his firing that they had wanted. (What happened with Comey.)

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — July 26, 2017 @ 2:17 pm - July 26, 2017

4. I think he is trying to fake out leftists into backing Sessions. I am pretty sure Sessions is in on the trick.

Remember when Corbert told his audience TRUMP fired Comey and they cheered because they didn’t know they were supposed to boo?

TRUMP knew the fake media was an extension of the DNC before WikiLeaks showed everyone.

Comment by Steve — July 26, 2017 @ 2:35 pm - July 26, 2017

5. After his “in-private” meeting with Dir. Comey, I suspect Pres. Trump may be leery of a repeat-performance with AG Sessions. Plus, it’s a useful diversion for the Press Corps(e) and the pundits.

In the British Cabinet Office-Whitehall system, every Member of the Cabinet has a Personal Private Secretary who monitors every meeting, listens-in on every phone call, and reads every memorandum the Minister sees, and memorializes it for the record for future reference in the Minister’s files. They are legally “privileged” and can not be subpoenad, presented as evidence, nor accessed via FOIA request.

Comment by Ted B. (Charging Rhino) — July 26, 2017 @ 2:52 pm - July 26, 2017

6. I think it’s Trump’s way of spanking Sessions into shape. I have a feeling it’s going to work.

Comment by Nash Montana — July 26, 2017 @ 4:44 pm - July 26, 2017

7. As I understand the rumor mill, Sessions is about to deliver an investigation into leaks which involves Obama hold-overs.

What has been interesting to me, is that Sessions “somehow” has conducted his work in a “leak free” environment. That makes me think that the old fox knows how to put the fear of God into his minions.

The DOJ under Holder and Lynch had so much political communication that it might as well have had a department talking head for the press. Under Sessions: silence. Until he releases something, you wouldn’t know he was on the job.

As Craig Smith noted @ #2, Limbaugh did posit that some sort of false flag game may have been set in motion by Trump to distract the press.

For Trump to be whining about Sessions this long after the fact is not how Trump operates.

Think of Jeff Sessions as Stormin’ Norman Schwatzkopf and his “left hook” strategy when he cut off Iraqi reinforcements in the west of Iraq and then attacked the Iraqi army in Kuwait and chased them down the “highway of death.”

Schumer and his pals are isolating Sessions in terms of blocking appointments to DOJ. Yet, everything indicates that Sessions has put together a flying squad of professionals at DOJ and is making huge inroads into many areas that carry out the Trump agenda.

Ever since Trump got into the game, people have predicted that he will tie his own shoe laces together and flop like a pratfall clown. Maybe this is it. Maybe he just can’t help but fail. If so, Cas, the Marxist will be here in a thrice to explain it all and Cray,Cray will laugh,laugh.

I wonder if maybe Scaramucci really is Trump’s Dick Cheney. (Or, Rahm Emmanuel, if you can stand the thought.) Even though Trump has the reputation as a tough guy, as the Don, he needs a smooth consigliere from outside of the family who can carry his messages. The “mooch” is there to serve the Godfather.

For Trump to take on the entire establishment in D.C. and do as well as he has in his first 6 months is amazing. I would bet on him continuing to act counter to conventional wisdom in myriad ways as he has already demonstrated. (Think about turning military decisions over to the military, as an example. And while I am on that subject, I can image Trump asking how the military mission is enhanced by signing up the transgendered.)

I believe that Trump is seriously invested in a campaign to rid his world of moles. And, I believe that he wants strong leaders to carry out their roles in a collaborative manner. Thus, I can easily imagine that Sessions and Trump have a little three card monte scam going with the pundits as the marks.

Comment by Heliotrope — July 26, 2017 @ 4:53 pm - July 26, 2017

8. Just a simple thought on my end, if Trump fires Sessions. I think it will be a complete disaster.

Comment by Paul in N. AL — July 26, 2017 @ 5:38 pm - July 26, 2017

9. The special counsel (or whatever) is a good idea in theory but awful in practice.

Looking back to the Valerie Plame affair, the source of the leak (if I remember) was known to the special counsel from the start yet he plowed on, spending millions and ruining lives, only to convict some guy for a process crime (kind of like how they snagged Martha Stewart).

These people need to have a very narrow scope of work and canned if they deviate without good reason. Mueller looks to be on a witch hunt – determined to get someone for an unpaid parking ticket or saying Sunday when they meant Saturday.

Comment by KCRob — July 26, 2017 @ 6:12 pm - July 26, 2017

10. Ever since Trump got into the game, people have predicted that he will tie his own shoe laces together and flop like a pratfall clown. Maybe this is it. Maybe he just can’t help but fail. If so … Cray,Cray will laugh,laugh.

Nope.

Comment by CrayCrayPatriot — July 26, 2017 @ 7:21 pm - July 26, 2017

11. Any word yet on the Justice Department and protecting gay employees from discrimination?

Comment by CrayCrayPatriot — July 26, 2017 @ 8:20 pm - July 26, 2017

12. In my opinion, Trump’s expectations were the team he assembled, including Sessions and Tillerson, would be working towards implementing Trump’s agenda, and blocking legal challenges directed by political rivals to derail Trump’s programs.

When Sessions recused himself, and appears to be dragging his feet rather than a robust investigation of the Obama era crimes alleged to have taken place.

Comment by Samuel Delaney — July 27, 2017 @ 12:34 am - July 27, 2017

13. Perhaps CCP needs a refresher course in US civics and another refresher course in internet searching. For someone who extolls their own superior intelligence, this is a major fail.

Comment by TnnsNe1 — July 27, 2017 @ 8:24 am - July 27, 2017

14. I’m asking why the Justice Department is pursuing removing their protections.

Comment by CrayCrayPatriot — July 27, 2017 @ 10:09 am - July 27, 2017

15. Again, CCP makes half a point then gets all upset and insulting when people don’t fill in the pieces correctly.

Comment by TnnsNe1 — July 27, 2017 @ 10:54 am - July 27, 2017

16. Cray,Cray @ #11:

My translation: “Has the Justice Department begun to take steps on protecting gays from discrimination?”

My confusion: “Huh? You can’t discriminate on account of being gay. What’s to investigate? Is there some rampant anti-gay hiring practice going on that the gays and the Progressives and the media have been ignoring?

Maybe gays are supposed to be allowed to discriminate against straights and there is something going on regarding gay venues or something.

Cray,Cray @ #13:

I’m asking why the Justice Department is pursuing removing their protections.

My Translation: Well, that is totally not what was asked in #11.

My confusion: “Where is the information that the Justice Department is pursuing removing their (the gays) protections.?

My further confusion: Sessions is going after gangs, the border, “sanctuary cities” and other items on the Trump agenda. Where, on the Trump agenda did removing protections of the gays come up?

My conclusions: 1) Cray,Cray needs to learn that he should be a whole lot more precise and back off of the charges that others need to get reading comprehensions help in order to accommodate his scatter shot communication problems.

2) It appears that Cray,Cray is trolling GayPatriot with scare charges.

3) If Sessions and the Department of Justice were to attempt to withdraw discrimination protections for gays, a whole bunch of gay and straight sleeping dogs would be all over the media screaming like scalded banshees.

So, I come to the ultimate conclusion that Cray,Cray is actually asking people at GayPatriot to notice him.

OK.

Hello, Cray,Cray. It’s me, Heliotrope, being my old, long-winded self. Long-winded, because sometimes clarity requires it.

Comment by Heliotrope — July 27, 2017 @ 10:58 am - July 27, 2017

17. Again, CCP makes half a point then gets all upset and insulting when people don’t fill in the pieces correctly.

1) I’m correcting my wording, which I didn’t communicate well
    2) I’m not upset
    3) How am I insulting exactly?

Comment by CrayCrayPatriot — July 27, 2017 @ 11:05 am - July 27, 2017

18. Could be a strategy, could be just taking the gentleman, statesman, wanna-be-liked man, to the woodshed for shaping up. All is speculation on our part and we’ll see what happens next. I am personally disappointed in Sessions asset forfeiture stance and reviving the drug war bs. but I think Justice Dept. and Police departments have become addicted to the benefits (and power) of these practices.

Comment by Rex — July 27, 2017 @ 12:35 pm - July 27, 2017

19. […] Trump’s recent public humiliation of AG Sessions. That was rather strange (as I commented on here). They don’t want Trump to suddenly appoint a new AG. The problem is, Trump also can’t […]

Pingback by GayPatriot » Let’s face it: Deep State is in full-on war against Trump — August 4, 2017 @ 1:54 pm - August 4, 2017