Your Recommended Daily Allowance of Irony

Progressive Leftists are overjoyed that a Google employee was fired because he exercised his free speech regarding an important contemporary social issue.

Progressive Leftists are outraged that a football player cannot get hired because he exercised his free speech regarding an important contemporary social issue.

Bonus irony: Those same progressive leftists have not read the Google memo, and hate football except as a means to promote a social justice agenda.

1. I am outraged over the outrage of you being outraged over my outrageous outrage.

Comment by tnnsne1 — August 9, 2017 @ 8:44 am - August 9, 2017

2. It’s the free-for-all Obama years that have made them all think that each of their opinions has meaning. Instead of their little individual Liberal drone “selves” only expanding on stale fantasies of entitlement. Weaving their stupidities & stumbling over their own feet. It’ll get worse. Their descent from power during the last 8 years wasn’t without mental consequence. They really do think their shifting ideology is the source of all rational thought. It’s ironic that they don’t know what the word experiment means. They’re too busy punishing anti-Liberal thought crimes to give it a second thought.

Comment by Hanover — August 9, 2017 @ 9:13 am - August 9, 2017

3. The link in your post… It kinda makes one wonder and ask a legitimate question:

besides stirring up race division, does that Colin dude play football some times, anyway?

Comment by Cyril — August 9, 2017 @ 10:38 am - August 9, 2017

4. The North Koreans are playing with thermonuclear matches and the SJWs are fainting at GOOGLE over a mildly-peevish memo??

Remind me who are the crazy-ones…

Comment by Ted B. (Charging Rhino) — August 9, 2017 @ 11:49 am - August 9, 2017

5. […] does that Colin dude play football some times, anyway?

Occasionally; though according to those who actively follow such things, he doesn’t do it well. Indeed, some are saying his playing days (outside of the always-hungry-for-American-talent Canadian leagues) are over. He’s 29 and his performance in the areas that matter is declining, not getting better. It’s the actual reason those who are not members of the Outrage Brigade are giving for his inability to find a team and thus a job. He’s somewhat the sports equivalent of the acclaimed actor who can’t get gigs because he’s obnoxious and difficult to work with and yet claims it’s because he dares to express his opinion.

Comment by RSG — August 9, 2017 @ 2:27 pm - August 9, 2017

6. That Colin dude is not intelligent enough to be a starting NFL qb. There’s a reason he went to Nevada, not Cal

Comment by Niall — August 9, 2017 @ 5:05 pm - August 9, 2017

7. Stefan Molyneux has a 45 minute talk with James Damore that’s pretty good. Damore looks to be in his 20s and comes off as perfectly reasonable, smart, and humble (and not at all used to the attention).

If I had kids, I’d be proud of him as a son – he’s an accomplished man. There was a time when I’d be surprised by the opprobrium and outright lies about what he wrote but less and less is surprising anymore

I’m hoping that more and more people who don’t pay a lot of attention to current affairs are starting to notice that most of the left’s hysteria is just that: irrational ranting.

I have to wonder how many smart people, regardless of race, sex, orientation, etc., are going to decide that Google does not present a welcoming and tolerant environment. And who wants to trust themselves to, say, a self-driving car from a company that values “diversity” over competence.

Google, Facebook, Twitter, Apple, et. al. can hire and fire as they’d like. I just wish they’d stop with the “inclusiveness”, “community”, and “free speech” b*llsh!t they lay on every day.

Comment by KCRob — August 9, 2017 @ 6:34 pm - August 9, 2017

8. @6 Thanks for the insights.

To tell the truth, that was mostly a rhetorical question.

I m totally clueless about american football. Re: his sportive background.

I think I can tell about a whining spoiled brat when I see / read / watch one.

I grew up among (should I say, “despite”?) the offsprings of our french leftist baby boomers over there…

Comment by Cyril — August 9, 2017 @ 6:40 pm - August 9, 2017

9. @8 ya know, the same french who elected Macron telling them that, “well, islamist terrorism is just gonna have to be a fact of your daily life, peeps.”

Comment by Cyril — August 9, 2017 @ 6:44 pm - August 9, 2017

10. Thank sweet Jesus there s still an America around.

But for how long???!!!

Comment by Cyril — August 9, 2017 @ 6:48 pm - August 9, 2017

11. Colin Kapernick has always been a headcase. He is also half white and was adopted and raised by a white family. His birth mother came out against his racist stance (prior to that, she never said anything). He had a lot of talent, but he has a habit of choking in big games. He got the Niners to a SB but he was unable to close the deal. I also recall him having some issues in his locker room as well. I do think his best playing days are behind him, and I don’t think he is that smart.

Comment by runningrn — August 9, 2017 @ 9:41 pm - August 9, 2017

12. […] Your Recommended Daily Allowance of Irony […]

Pingback by The Weekly Headlines – August 12th – posted 13 August – Br Andrew's Muses — August 13, 2017 @ 2:04 am - August 13, 2017