Antifa and #WhiteLivesMatter deserve each other

#WhiteLivesMatter is the term I’ll use here for the conglomeration of different “white identitarian”, “white nationalist”, “alt-Right”, “KKK”, “neo-Nazi” or “neo-Confederate” people who marched together in Charlottesville, VA on Saturday – and got into fights/riots with Antifa-type counter-marchers.

Gov. Terry McAullife declared a state of emergency shortly before 11 a.m. ET, moments before the rally was scheduled to begin at noon at Emancipation Park in Charlottesville, according to a tweet sent from the Democratic governor’s Twitter account. Using megaphones, police declared an unlawful assembly at about 11:40 a.m., and gave a five-minute warning to leave Emancipation Park, where hundreds of neoNazis, Ku Klux Klans members and other white nationalists had gathered to protest the removal of a Confederate statue. They were met by equal numbers of “counterprotesters,” including Black Lives Matter activists…

Apparently, the detestable Richard Spencer was there, got sucker-punched and/or maced, and that set off some of the melee. Several people reported other attacks by the BLM/Antifa side. Most horribly, someone from the #WhiteLivesMatter side drove a car into the BLM/Antifa crowd and injured people. (It’s unclear to me, how much related these incidents may be.) And two State police were killed in a helicopter crash.

Here’s my overall take.

• Robert E. Lee is one of the important and fairly-honorable figures in American history; traditional statues of him either should not, or at least need not, be taken down. As such, the #WhiteLivesMatter types may have a point on that one, little issue.
  • Having said that: I run with #AllLivesMatter. I have no problem denouncing white nationalism or white ethnic identitarianism (like I did, here). Especially if the people turn violent. I hereby denounce it again.
  • And of course, I denounce Antifa and #BlackLivesMatter, especially if they turn violent.
  • An ideal outcome might be if any/all of those who committed crimes Saturday, on either side, will have to spend some jail time together. Paired in cells, if possible.
  • To the extent that many people (on either side) did NOT commit any crimes and expressed themselves peacefully: Kudos. Although, again, I probably don’t agree on many issues with either side.
  • President Trump has condemned hatred, bigotry and violence coming from any side…whoa, looks like I agree with Trump again! How does that keep happening?

P.S. The Controlled Media and the Left (but I repeat myself) are much to blame for what happened today, because they have pretty consistently failed to denounce Antifa, BLM, or violence coming from the Left. (Unlike we on the liberty-loving #AllLivesMatter Right, who have no problem denouncing violence from any or all sides.)

When the Left won’t properly stigmatize or denormalize violence from lefties, then both violent lefties and their krazier #WhiteLivesMatter type of opponents are going to feel agitated, and these fights will break out easily.

As always, feel free to post your take in the comments.

68 Comments »

1. RIP to the three people who died in relation to this event.

I also condemn violence on all sides, as I have been quite vocal on GP about my disgust towards groups like AntiFa.

Also and horribly, someone drove a car into the BLM/Antifa crowd and injured people. (It’s unclear to me, how much related the two incidents may be.)

I’m not sure, if there was a relation to begin with, how a sucker-punch to one person provides any context to someone driving a machine into a crowd of people which resulted in a death.

I do know that people on 4Chan misidentified the driver and doxxed the wrong person. He had a good sense of humour and used the free publicity to push his music. Smart bloke.

As far as I know, #WhiteLivesMatter is a term that I just made up

A casual Google search shows that this term has been around for years.

Comment by CrayCrayPatriot — August 13, 2017 @ 12:26 am - August 13, 2017

2. Yeah, it’s one of those things where I didn’t search because I had the experience of just thinking of it, but if it’s been around for years, then I probably heard it before (and just forgot). I have altered that bit in the post. And done some other edits or added bits.

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — August 13, 2017 @ 12:39 am - August 13, 2017

3. Silly stuff.

Nothing beats the Space Time Continuum mysteries happening on the left, though, as in earlier this year, before the inauguration :

Comment by Cyril — August 13, 2017 @ 12:52 am - August 13, 2017

4. Mark Rubio:

Very important for the nation to hear @potus describe events in #Charlottesville for what they are, a terror attack by #whitesupremacists

Paul Ryan:

Our hearts are with today’s victims. White supremacy is a scourge. This hate and its terrorism must be confronted and defeated.

Comment by CrayCrayPatriot — August 13, 2017 @ 1:08 am - August 13, 2017

5. Then Marco Rubio is wrong.

The car part of it was a terror attack (or attempted manslaughter) by one individual. AND ALSO, BLM/Antifa people did violent acts (just not as spectacular). Why isn’t Rubio, or any leader except Trump (who actually denounced violence on both sides), denouncing the latter?

Can the double standards, Marco.

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — August 13, 2017 @ 1:16 am - August 13, 2017

6. Gov. McAuliffe condemns the WLM types, but refuses to condemn the BLM/Antifa types: http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/08/12/gov-mcauliffe-in-charlottesville-no-place-in-america-for-alt-right-refuses-to-condemn-antifa/

That’s what I’m talking about. With the exception of the occasional blog commentor, plus the first 5 minutes (only) after Steve Scalise was shot, the Left refuses to denormalize/disavow/condemn its own violent actors.

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — August 13, 2017 @ 1:24 am - August 13, 2017

7. Heather Heyer is the name of the girl who was mowed down and killed by a man driving an automobile, who hit the gas into a crowd of people and the rear of another slow-moving car, and then quickly backed up and sped away.

James Alex Fields Jr was arrested later. The Charlottesville Police Chief has gone on record that the crash was premeditated.

Ted Cruz:

I urge the Department of Justice to immediately investigate and prosecute this grotesque act of domestic terrorism.

Comment by CrayCrayPatriot — August 13, 2017 @ 1:33 am - August 13, 2017

8. This is going to be an unpopular opinion (no, not around here, but among the Rachel Maddow followers), but Democrats caused this. Specifically, the Democrats in Charlottesville who are so ashamed of their state and region’s horribly racist past that they went into virtue-signaling overdrive by voting to remove the Lee statue and rename the park it has stood in (for almost a century). They couldn’t even come up with a unique name—choosing instead to borrow from Houston (where the park of the same name there has actual meaning).

Confederacy denialism in the South is like taking a container of kerosene and throwing it on a fireworks stand then lighting a match. You can’t whitewash history and to attempt to do so just inflames the passions of those who feel their side of history is being suppressed because it’s now politically incorrect to acknowledge it. The wasteful and useless statuary removal in New Orleans is another example. Sadly, today’s events in the hometown of two US presidents will only be repeated in the future. Down the road it will not be by morons who are misappropriating NHL team logos because they appear to be Germanic in origin but by everyday folks who are tired of being labeled with the scarlet ‘R’ just because they happen to be of the incorrect skin tone and have a family history of being on the “wrong side” during the Civil War.

Comment by RSG — August 13, 2017 @ 1:35 am - August 13, 2017

9. Gov. McAuliffe condemns the WLM types, but refuses to condemn the BLM/Antifa types

Why would he? That’s Terry’s base. (And by extension, Bill & Hillary’s, as well.) Sure, many of them are Bernie Bros, but I’ll wager the vast majority voted for Hillary, to the extent they voted at all.

Comment by RSG — August 13, 2017 @ 1:44 am - August 13, 2017

10. As usual, more often than I wish I had to, I only put my thoughts in a silly meme, accompanied by,

Thank You, Charlottesville !

Please call 1-800-MORONS to register for your future bandaid donations

#MakeAmericaGiggleAgain

Comment by Cyril — August 13, 2017 @ 2:31 am - August 13, 2017

11. Apparently I’m not alone in my take:

Provoking this sort of violence is why Charlottesville’s Resistance government targeted the Confederate monument in the first place.

Comment by RSG — August 13, 2017 @ 2:38 am - August 13, 2017

12. Call me insensitive, but this gif popped into my head when I first heard about all this.

Seems apropos.

Comment by Clifford — August 13, 2017 @ 2:40 am - August 13, 2017

13. A pox on both their houses. This is a result of identity politics as practiced by the Dems for the past 15+years. Trump shrewdly tapped into this right in front of everyone. I fear for our national sanity if both parties don’t start leading from the front and not the rear. What am I saying? There are currently NO leaders on either side. We are facing a rocky and perilous future.

Comment by MaryB — August 13, 2017 @ 2:50 am - August 13, 2017

14. The left has beennwishing for a civil war ever since 11/08/2016, if not earlier. Looks like they are making *progress* towards it. Pun intended, you bet.

Bah, I’ve decided to hold onto my politically incorrect sense of humor no matter what. I’m just hoping I will not have to leave (again!) by the time SHTF Venezuela-style.

Besides that, I love my family and my job. I’m blessed.

Comment by Cyril — August 13, 2017 @ 3:01 am - August 13, 2017

15. Hm… speaking of jobs… Is it just me, or,

has anyone else noticed? Evil hard-right-wingers seem to organize events mostly on week ends, while the hard-left is observably capable to get their riots or blocking highways going any day of the week, at any time, mornings, afternoons, or evenings.

I cannot help but wonder, if there would be more to this peculiar correlation, there?

Comment by Cyril — August 13, 2017 @ 3:26 am - August 13, 2017

16. @15 which, admittedly, would also beg the question,

has the ACLU ever raised concerns about that (presumably, much regrettable?) planning-and-scheduling inequality?

Comment by Cyril — August 13, 2017 @ 3:40 am - August 13, 2017

17. So, someone triggers the alt-left which resulted in violence from the alt-left. The person doing the “triggering” is to blame.

Someone triggers the alt-right which resulted in violence from the alt-right (but no really). The alt-right is to blame.

Progressive form of logic.

This story will fade quickly as details will emerge that the left wing extremist groups will be found to be the perpetrators of the violence.

Comment by tnnsne1 — August 13, 2017 @ 7:23 am - August 13, 2017

18. Everyone is against this.

Just remember politcal violence is committed by those inflexibles who live on the extreme.

The mushy middle is where things get accomplished!

Comment by mike — August 13, 2017 @ 7:30 am - August 13, 2017

19. 1.) The white supremacists got a permit.
    2.) Antifa, Black Lives Matter, ministers, righteous people, students, geriatrics, millennials, parents with children and people taking selfies showed up.
    3.) Some of the white supremacists had wooden poles, shields, helmets, etc.
    4.) Some of the Antifa people had wooden poles, pepper spray, helmets, shields, etc. Black Lives Matter and other groups had professionally printed signs, shirts, etc.
    5.) The city cops were lined up in riot gear with shields. The Virginia State Police had riot gear. The National Guard had riot gear.
    6.) The supremacists had a permit to gather in a large park about a half mile from the small park with the Lee statue.
    7.) All of the anti-supremacists gathered near the statue and, sure enough, the supremacists congregated there to “meet and greet” them. The Charlottesville police and the Virginia State Police were also there. So, apparently, everyone was fairly certain that is where the protest would be, permit or not.
    8.) No one could ever know who threw the first fist. It was spontaneous combustion as the Antifa side came at the supremacists and the supremacists came at the Antifa goons. This started about a half hour before the official permit time.
    9.) It was not, unfortunately, thug on thug.
    10.) The Birkenstock crowd was there scolding and showing their children how evil people act. The geriatrics were their shaking bony fists. The ministers and rabbis were there pontificating. People were running from flash point to flash point trying to see if there was any blood. Someone (not the cops) had tear gas. There was pepper spray. There were waves of fools running to and from the action. Not everyone who got hurt was a supremacist or an Antifa thug.
    11.) the supremacists were “phalanxed” out of the statue park and into the street with the Antifa, Black Lives Matter, etc. thugs and where the “let’s go to the riot” citizens were milling about and taking selfies.
    12.) the supremacists took the worst of it and made their way to the park where they had the permit. Mostly, the opposing thugs just chased them and by the time the supremacists reached their destination, they were disorganized, disheveled and very few in number. That is where and when David Duke showed up.
    13.) The crowds in town went a block down to the pedestrian mall and mingled and chanted.
    14.) Out of the blue, a car sped down a side street and into the crowd. It reversed and sped in reverse up the street and away. It was stopped many, many blocks away in a residential neighborhood and the driver was arrested.
    15.) Rumors abound concerning that car. From my perspective, it was not a planned, tactical move by the supremacists. I imagine that the driver was crazed and acted on his own. If that even makes a difference.

So, those are generalized facts. I have tried to keep the points neutral, except for this:

If the supremacists had been left to their own devices, they would have had a hot and lonely day showing off their bigotry and nothing would have come of it. They would have had all the police protection they could have needed and the city would have had all the police protection it needed.

But, no. Everybody had to come to the gathering and poke a stick in the hornets nest and see what might come of it. Well, they got it.

We may or may not ever know how many of these people can in from far away. The printed shirts, printed signs, wooden poles, shields, etc. are not something you pick up at War-Mart. I am fairly certain the Va. State Police kept track of rental vans as part of their policing and there will be a fair amount of drone surveillance that will show up.

What frosts me is how the Demonizingrats and the media want to lay this entirely on the supremacists who, by the way, are “solely responsible” for the Trump presidency. Trump lumped the supremacists and Antifa together as thugs of a feather coming together to have a thug-off. I wholeheartedly agree with that.

Years ago, the hippies had a slogan: Suppose they had a war and nobody came. Well, Charlottesville had a white supremacist protest and every fool who could make it showed up.

There is much I could relate about the “underlying” causes in terms of the Lee statue, but that is water over the dam. The pious Charlottesville City Council brought this mess down upon themselves and it was totally preventable. But they just had to signal their virtue and trigger the crazies.

Comment by Heliotrope — August 13, 2017 @ 9:05 am - August 13, 2017

20. Extremist leftist Governor on one coast allows extremist leftist group to assemble without calling for a state of emergency. Extremist leftist Governor on the other coast will not let an extremist right group assemble without calling for a state of emergency.

The difference: the extreme leftists called for violence against the extreme rightist. This violence was carefully planned by the violent extremist groups.

Comment by TnnsNe1 — August 13, 2017 @ 9:09 am - August 13, 2017

21. Oh and:

“Robert E. Lee is one of the important and fairly-honorable figures in American history”

He is a traitor who killed Americans so he could continue to own his black people. Honoring former traitors like Lee and Jackson dishonors the descendants of those slaves and dishonors those who died defending our country. Lee Harvey Oswald is also an important figure but no need to honor him.

So the city voted to remove the statute because they rightly don’t want to honor a traitor.

Why do you care what a local municipality does with its public space?

Comment by mike — August 13, 2017 @ 9:15 am - August 13, 2017

22. […] Gay Patriot says Antifa and #WhiteLivesMatter deserve each other […]

Pingback by Sorta Blogless Sunday Pinup » Pirate's Cove — August 13, 2017 @ 9:25 am - August 13, 2017

23. mike,

Can you possibly be more wrong?

You have reduced Lee to a common villain in order to seal history the way you want to frame it. That allows you to be bigoted toward many, many people of the South. And, that bigotry, I suspect, is something you need to feed your own inadequacies and your need to feel superior.

You should write to the city council of Charlottesville and see if they agree that their motivation in removing the Lee statue is “because they rightly don’t want to honor a traitor.”

You laid that on them, now lets see if you got it right. Fair warning: You are not even close.

But it is nice to see how easily you are triggered in your virtue signaling. Now have a cookie and some warm milk and cry alone in your room.

Comment by Heliotrope — August 13, 2017 @ 9:27 am - August 13, 2017

24. Heliotrope–You’ve got a good catalog of the facts. I don’t know how the driver got there in the first place or what his original intent was, but I’ve read some reports that someone threw a rock at the car, and that was what provoked his murderous rage. It is, as you say, very much a matter of people poking at a hornet’s nest.

Here’s a story from The Daily Mail with lots of photos and video clips. Among other things you’ll see there if you scroll down is a photo of Antifa and BLM folks with makeshift flame-throwers (lighted spray cans) and more with them with faces partially covered with poles and sticks, and others showing them using pepper spray. This was no peaceful counter-protest.

Comment by Kurt — August 13, 2017 @ 9:59 am - August 13, 2017

25. I’m pretty much with the lightly edited ILC post and Heliotrope (#15).

The Charlottesville City Council started all this by their virtue signalling. As RSG noted in #8, you don’t start removing and condemning monuments and history wildly in Virginia. On the one hand, it hand been roughly 150 years since the Civil War, but in much of the state, the struggles of the war are still alive, even though the underlying causes have been forgotten or nullified. (To the relief of most, I bet.)

(mostly for mike)
    Especially in Virginia, Robert E. Lee is more than just an important Confederate general. He was a member of one of the notable families in Virginia. He was a noted US Army officer who was well thought of by his peers and superiors. When he inherited his father-in-law’s plantation, he set about restoring its fortunes and was apparently succeeding. His final years were a president of a new college (now known as Washington-Lee University), and by prevailing accounts he was good at it. So there is a lot more to the man than a few years of Civil War.

Also, back then states were far more important than they are today, and to many the state was more important than the entity known as the United States. They knew of the US in theory, but not by direct knowledge. There was also a legitimate political theory that a state could secede from the Union. President Lincoln and the Civil War put an effective end to that idea, although the issue of secession is not dead (see Calexit, for example).

Comment by TheQuietMan — August 13, 2017 @ 10:05 am - August 13, 2017

26. @22 but he likes lenin, mao, stalin, Trotsky, etc.

Comment by salg — August 13, 2017 @ 10:18 am - August 13, 2017

27. does anybody know if the driver of the car was a supporter of the white demonstrators who deliberately drove his car into the people? or was he someone who was attacked by the antifa crowd and panicked or retaliated.

Comment by salg — August 13, 2017 @ 10:24 am - August 13, 2017

28. http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/08/12/exclusive-tim-kaines-republican-challenger-corey-stewart-condemns-violence-in-charlottesville/

Reports indicate the suspect, James Alex Fields, 20, is being held without bail for second-degree murder among other charges in the Charlottesville hit-and-run.

He’s supposed to be a WLM type from Ohio.

As to Lee: No one more exemplifies the saying, “He’s only a traitor because he lost.” In the actual time and place, Lee stood up for widely-accepted constitutional principles. The great tragedy of the U.S. Civil War is that both sides were wrong, to no small extent: the South was very wrong to want the evil of slavery, yet arguably right on the constitutional questions. The North became morally-justified only late in the war (or afterward), when it decided to end slavery (and put that in the Constitution).

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — August 13, 2017 @ 10:31 am - August 13, 2017

29. 1. When it was a Mohammedan: “We may never know his motives.” When it’s a white guy: “He came here with hate in his heart”

2. Then: “He acted alone.” Now “This was part of a larger movement.”

3. Then, “He is not representative of all Islam.” Now, “Everybody on the right is a racist”

4. “The President should not denounce Islam– in order to avoid backlash against moderate muslims.” is now “The President must denounce him and the larger group–or risk losing any remaining credibility left in this administration and impeachment.”

Comment by V the K — August 13, 2017 @ 10:52 am - August 13, 2017

30. Well who couldn’t see this coming from a mile away? You can only push so far before the push back comes. As for the white guys with Nazi flags they have no idea how stupid and counter productive that is. It’s almost like they handed the MSM and BLM a gift on a platter to renew their cries of how the radical right is the real threat to America. So the two ends of the bell curve clashed and now the rest of us have to resist being drawn into the war the left side of the curve has been pushing for years. Those of us on the right side of the bell are left saying “with friends like this……” It kind of makes you wonder if much of this wasn’t staged on purpose but when people die in what should have just kind of fallen flat then, where does it go from here?

Comment by Rex — August 13, 2017 @ 10:57 am - August 13, 2017

31. Good point, Rex.

Comment by TAD — August 13, 2017 @ 11:04 am - August 13, 2017

32. Right. Charlottesville was like, a giant convention of stupid people. We have to denounce all of it, all stupidity and violence from any side. And, we have to hold the Left’s leaders (and media) to account for their failure to do the same.

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — August 13, 2017 @ 11:07 am - August 13, 2017

33. does anybody know if the driver of the car was a supporter of the white demonstrators

There are photos circulating on social media of him with a shield in front of what is clearly the neo-Nazi side. Commenters have said that the shield were being passed out by promoters so that his actual involvement with one of the factions may be overrated. It could have been that he was a sympathizer who got caught up in the moment as opposed to an active supporter.

Comment by RSG — August 13, 2017 @ 11:11 am - August 13, 2017

34. saig @ #27:

There is a story afloat that Fields had damage done to his car and he was attempting to escape. That was repeated on several broadcasts when the event first occurred.

If you get a google map of downtown Charlottesville, you will find that Fields drove his car SE of 4th St. NE from somewhere near the Stonewall Jackson statue across Jefferson Street, then across Market Street, then across the pedestrian mall and into a crowd at the intersection with Water Street.

I think there were people in the street at the Water Street intersection which he meant to mow down. What I think he didn’t know is that the people were blocking the view of a car parked in the street which was right behind a van parked in the Water St. intersection. Fields’ car hit the people with such force they were sent flying up and over his car and he hit the sedan so hard that it smashed into the van and moved both cars several feet. Then Fields shifted his car into reverse and drove at a rapid rate backward for at least three blocks up the inclined road.

There were also reports that folks were giving him directions and that he had no license plates on the car. But he clearly had a license plate on the rear. The front was so smashed up that he lost his front bumper and most of his grill work.

I suspect that the details will become much clearer as the forensic evidence comes in. Also, Fields is in custody, so he will have some sort of statement, perhaps through his attorney.

Fields drove to Charlottesville from outside of Toledo, Ohio which is about a 500 mile distance. I have no way of knowing what his knowledge of Charlottesville streets might be. I am surprised that 4th Street SE was open to any traffic. I suspect it wasn’t. I further speculate that Fields gained access to it from High Street. The Stonewall Jackson monument is at the corner of High Street and 4th Street NE with becomes 4th Street SE when it crosses the pedestrian mall.

Two mysteries I am interested in are related to how Fields chose the only street (4th Street NE/SE) which is a through street in the rabbit maze of historic downtown Charlottesville. It was either pure happenstance or planning. The other mystery is how he got to the street. I suspect it was “open” to emergency vehicles. But that does not explain the car and van parked in the middle of a one-way street at Water Street which is a critical cross street for emergency services.

What I am reading that I think should be taken with a grain of salt is how many people were involved in various groups. Nothing I have read substantiates the estimate of “thousands” of supremacists. The police were geared up for a total crowd of 2,000 to 6,000 including demonstrators, counter demonstrators, on-lookers and busybodies.

Thank God UVa isn’t in full undergraduate swing, because those folks would have really cluttered up the mess.

Comment by Heliotrope — August 13, 2017 @ 11:22 am - August 13, 2017

35. All of the deaths are on the governor. The whites were peacefully protesting but both the cops and antifa attacked them with the governor revoking the whites permit 1 hour after it started with the deaths from affirmative action govt helicopter maintenance and a guy not wanting to be Reginald Denny happening after the declared state of emergency.

Antifa was allowed to run wild and cops were instructed only to go after the whites. Cops didn’t even do anything to the Antifa who used a flame thrower, antifa was attacking peoples cars when someone decided not to be Reginald Denny.

Comment by Steve — August 13, 2017 @ 11:23 am - August 13, 2017

36. I read a statistic that the total number of white supremacists in the USA is about 0.03% of the population. Pretty much the same as the transgendereds. They both get hype disproportionate to their numbers.

Comment by V the K — August 13, 2017 @ 11:23 am - August 13, 2017

37. @Rex – keep the crazies. They draw fire and keep the overton window wide open. Without them, reasonable people become the crazies and extremists.

Comment by Christina — August 13, 2017 @ 11:28 am - August 13, 2017

38. ” I run with #AllLivesMatter.”

Saying “WHITE PEOPLE HAVE A RIGHT TO EXIST”
    triggers leftists more than bluelives matter or swastikas.

Heliotrope- leftists were beating on cars (((Fake news))) didn’t show that part. Antifa had no permit but they marched down streets after the national guard forced the Right out into the antifa. Would you rather run over antifa or be Reginald Denny. (((Fake news))) cut out on videos of whites being dragged out of cars during BLM attacks.

Comment by Steve — August 13, 2017 @ 11:29 am - August 13, 2017

39. The Charlottesville city council undoubtedly agreed to remove the statue and rename the park for one reason: to appease the alt left spoiled brats, and avert a riot. The irony is that they provoked the alt right, and triggered a riot, anyway.

And SJW’s can never be appeased. For professional activists, there will always be another greivance. They need issues to justify their sinecures. If no real greivances exist, the Left will invent them.

And, yes , Lee is “only a traitor because he lost.” If the South had won, then history books in the CSA would downplay the slavery issue and emphasize states’ rights. And if the Americans had lost the Revolutionary War, then Washington, Jefferson, Adams, et al. would have been hanged for treason.

BTW, Robert E. Lee promptly freed the slaves that he inherited. Ulysses S. Grant owned slaves who were not freed until the 13th Amendment was passed, after the war.

Maybe BLM and Antifa will next demand the demolition of Grant’s Tomb. That’s a good an issue as any, and it beats getting a real job

Comment by Tom — August 13, 2017 @ 11:37 am - August 13, 2017

40. “WHITE PEOPLE HAVE A RIGHT TO EXIST”

But people who are needlessly divisive and stupid, do not.

Well, they do under the Constitution. So, what am I trying to say here? Let them have their marches. But we don’t have to agree with them. What we can do, is condemn all the violence or stupidity on all the sides.

There’s just no profit in emphasizing “white”. It does not help anyone or drive any good agenda forward. I’d rather emphasize human freedom under a Rule of Law that respects everyone’s rights.

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — August 13, 2017 @ 11:38 am - August 13, 2017

41. Steve,

“cops were instructed only to go after the whites.”

You had best have some dy-no-mite evidence on that bit of racist trash talk.

I will be perfectly happy for an after-action review to show how the police were mismanaged, but throwing around pure ideological BS is disgusting.

No cop takes an order like that.

I have heard that leftists were beating on cars. I have no proof one way or the other and neither do you.

You are tacitly siding with the story that Fields was trying to escape being beaten by leftists. You have ZERO evidence. If the evidence should come to light that he was fleeing for his life and just happened to bash into a crowd of people, I will be the first to congratulate you on your superior news gathering acuity.

But, you show up here with a load of anti-semitic and racist stuff from time to time, so I will take you on the level of the very clear impression you have left on this site.

Comment by Heliotrope — August 13, 2017 @ 11:46 am - August 13, 2017

42. The alt right isn’t white supremacists. None would bet a white guy would win the next Olympic 100 meter dash.

Here are the words that define the alt-right

14.The Alt Right believes we must secure the existence of white people and a future for white children.
    15.The Alt Right does not believe in the general supremacy of any race, nation, people, or sub-species. Every race, nation, people, and human sub-species has its own unique strengths and weaknesses, and possesses the sovereign right to dwell unmolested in the native culture it prefers.

Comment by Steve — August 13, 2017 @ 11:47 am - August 13, 2017

43. “No cop takes an order like that”

Waco
    Ruby Ridge
    Berkley
    San Jose
    Charlottesville

This is BLM jumping on trashed cop cars being called peaceful while an abandoned bird watching site occupied by 1/2 on govt payroll agent provocateurs gets sniper fire on LaVoy Finicum

Here note the left was using literal flame throwers

Comment by Steve — August 13, 2017 @ 11:55 am - August 13, 2017

44. Is anyone surprised mike admits he hates America and wishes the United States of America was never formed?

Comment by The_Livewire — August 13, 2017 @ 12:10 pm - August 13, 2017

45. 1.) On March 21, 2016, Zyhana Bryant, a ninth grader at Charlottesville High School, presented a petition with 200+ signatures to the Charlottesville City Council to remove the Robert E. Lee statue from Lee Park in the downtown part of Charlottesville. Bryant said the statue makes her and her peers feel uncomfortable, that it’s very offensive. For that reason, they don’t visit Lee Park.

2.) Mayor Mark Signer released a statement at that meeting:

Charlottesville is indeed a world-class city. But we have dark chapters in our past, including slavery, lynchings, Jim Crow, segregation, Massive Resistance, and Vinegar Hill. We see one of those chapters every time we’re in Lee Park or Court Square, where, in the 1920s, City leaders elected to celebrate the Confederacy and, by extension, slavery by placing large monuments to Robert E. Lee and Stonewall Jackson. As historical photographs document, these installations occurred with parades of thousands of people celebrating the Confederate cause. We can only imagine how exclusionary those events were.

With the passage of time and our long march toward inclusion, social justice, and societal progress, we can now see those choices for what they were: mistakes that demeaned our brothers and sisters and stained a fine city’s legacy. To quote Mayor Mitch Landrieu of New Orleans on another great Southern city’s decision to move its Confederate memorials to museums:

“Symbols matter and should reflect who we are as a people. These monuments do not now, nor have they ever reflected the history, the strength, the richness, the diversity or the soul of who we are as a people and a city. This is the right thing to do and now is the time to do it. Moving the location of these monuments — from prominent public places in our city where they are revered to a place where they can be remembered — changes only their geography, not our history.”

I believe we must continually strive to heal the wounds created by slavery and racism in our community. For me, this decision is not about one man or one statue. It’s about how we reckon today with the City’s shameful decisions, during the Jim Crow era, to celebrate the Confederacy in our public places. However, as the Mayor of the whole City, I need to make an informed and deliberative decision on this matter. We’ve already heard from many Charlottesvillians on both sides, and I will continue to listen and learn in the weeks ahead. I believe we should rely on the wisdom of our remarkable community by creating a “Blue Ribbon Commission on Confederate Memorials” that will work on issues including:

Ample engagement with the community through public hearings and efforts like the petition underway

Evaluating and advising on the full range of options before us, including moving the memorials to a museum, changing their context to reflect current values, and adding new memorials

Fully explaining the policy behind the effort, including which memorials may be included in the policy and why

Assessing the costs involved, including moving monuments and creating new ones

Developing both a funding and fundraising strategy for any effort

Determining the appropriate historical location where memorials might be moved

I believe this Task Force should be created within 30 days, and should report back to Council on the above questions within 90 days. Finally, I believe Council should also order a full legal review of any obstacles from our attorneys, and that the Task Force should also be advised by our counsel.

In the weeks ahead, I plan on discussing this proposal with my colleagues and with the community, as we forge, together, a path from the darkness of the past to a brighter future.

From my perspective, Mayor Signer was engaging in world class virtue signaling.

Note: Charlottesville had one minuscule skirmish led by nobody’s on both sides during the Civil War. The Lee and Jackson statues along with a Lewis and Clark Statue and a George Rodgers Clark Statue and the city library (land, building and books) and a large park for black citizens and a large park for white citizens and the school of Commerce at UVa and other goodies were given to the community by Paul Goodloe McIntire in the early 1920’s.

Lee and Jackson played no role whatsoever in the history of Charlottesville.

However, three local boys-made-good Presidents Jefferson, Madison and Monroe were residents of Charlottesville and slave owners and associated with UVa which was built with slave labor from bricks made by slaves and staffed by slaves in service positions. There are ongoing efforts to pull down the statue of Jefferson at the school he founded. The point being, once this sort of virtue signaling gets started, there is no logical end to where purity and piety can push intolerance toward what offends someone’s sense of righteousness.

For those trying to follow the story: Lee Park was recently renamed Emancipation Park by the City Council. (Why not Zyhana Bryant Park?)

Comment by Heliotrope — August 13, 2017 @ 12:21 pm - August 13, 2017

46. If a group of ISIS orAl-Qaeda supporters tried to march down to times square I am sure they would be met with jeers and perhaps threats. What would happen if they brought sticks shields and guns with them? White supremacists are no different than Islamic extremists.

“in the first 13.5 years after 9/11, Muslim extremists were responsible for 50 deaths in the United States. Meanwhile, “right-wing extremists averaged 337 attacks per year in the decade after 9/11, causing a total of 254 fatalities.””

Comment by mike — August 13, 2017 @ 1:14 pm - August 13, 2017

47. mike,

In my opinion, freedom of speech and peaceful assembly does not include coming ready to do battle. Therefore, I believe that carrying bats, wearing helmets, carrying shields, bicycle chains, wearing masks, etc. are tacit evidence that the police power of the state is not sufficient or trusted. The police power needs to step up and treat those dedicated to speaking freely and listening freely to the same searches that homeland security uses in large venue events.

That applies to both demonstrators and those who drop by to “watch.”

In states that have open carry laws, the issues for peaceable assembly become more of a challenge. That is for those states to work out.

Comment by Heliotrope — August 13, 2017 @ 1:57 pm - August 13, 2017

48. @40

But people who are needlessly divisive and stupid, do not.

Well, they do under the Constitution.

Sure, but, for some,

that’s just too much of a tough concept to grasp, in absence of the proper gray matter equipment to keep in check what is observably an overbloated hypothalamus.

Comment by Cyril — August 13, 2017 @ 2:14 pm - August 13, 2017

49. mike…Your use of a George Soros source is not something I care to read, let alone go through the motions of disputing. I have noting to say to your claims because I seriously doubt the methodology behind the numbers.

Oh, 100% agreed. I’m sure that anything from ThinkProgress (or any Soros group) is Fake News and not worth considering. Political violence in America comes mostly from the Left; James Alex Fields is the exception to prove the rule. And we don’t even know all the details yet, of his deal.

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — August 13, 2017 @ 3:26 pm - August 13, 2017

50. […] Antifa and #WhiteLivesMatter deserve each other […]

Pingback by GayPatriot » A tragedy staged? or at least allowed? — August 13, 2017 @ 4:10 pm - August 13, 2017

51. “I run with #AllLivesMatter.”
    The left has already declared that to be racist–sorry I mean RAACIST!

Comment by pst314 — August 13, 2017 @ 4:31 pm - August 13, 2017

52. What, exactly, is a “white nationalist”?

We have nationalists of every other stripe; we have blacks openly advocating for separate (but equal) facilities and accommodations; womyn that want men banned (or at least drugged into submission); self-segregating Muslims, etc. Could it be that people have a built-in affinity for the tribe? Any tribe?

My guess is that most of the people protesting the un-personing of R.E. Lee are decent folk with the KKK/Nazi loons a small group. From what I saw, the compassionate and civil lefties threw the first punches (as is the case most of the time).

As far as the car ramming those people, I have to wonder 1) why were they in the street in the first place, 2) if they were to march in the street, why wasn’t traffic closed and 3) was the driver a maniac off to kill or was he under assault by the mob? (Of course, if he’d had any brains, he wouldn’t have been driving there in the first place.)

John Derbyshire discussed the pushing of Confederate-era heroes down the memory hole some months back and the connection to barbarism: grinding the vanquished into the dirt with a vengeance. There was good reason to leave Japan with its emperor after WW-II; ditto for helping Germany back to its feet.

If the anti-Confederate left had its way in WW-II, they’d have razed what was left of Japan and Germany to the ground and sewn the earth with salt.

Every time one of these things happens, the oh-so-predictable response is: if the left started it, the right is to blame.

If someone on the right misbehaves, the left blames all conservatives (Markos whatsisname states that NRA == conservatives == Nazis) and the respectable righties pile on (Ryan, Rubio, Sasse, et al). Sasse dismisses people are “racists” so, naturally, the rhetoric will get even worse since congress-weasels never seem to get the point when stated reasonably. Margaret Thatcher, on immigration, commented that a leaders job was to listen to people to 1) address their concerns and 2) prevent the rise of unreasonable people that happens when reasonable people are dismissed or ignored.

Scott Adams suggests we need a list, in order of badness, of things Trump needs to disavow. It would save time, anyway. Funny how no one demands Obama, Pelosi, et al disavow cop-killers, Antifa assaults of rank-and-file Trump voters, assaults on elderly people by a gay upset by their “no on prop-8 sign in Oceanside…

How many people, cops and civilians died or suffered injuries due to BLM’s “protests” fanned by a lie knowingly and willingly repeated by establishment lefties? How many of these because police were ordered to “stand down” and let the rioters burn down everything in site?

It’s my opinion that decades of hating whitey is getting some pushback. It’s not possible to tell people how bad they are and not see some nasty side effects at some future date.

The left has created this rabid tiger. Now we all have to figure out how to live with it (there are plenty of people with no desire to tame it).

The “blood and soil” idea was, indeed, used by the Nazis but that doesn’t mean that there’s no truth to the notion. It’s been that way since the dawn of man (and before that as well). People have a need to belong to something. If not blood and soil, then some sort of cultural identity. We’ve been destroying all the institutions that once served as anchors for people but not the need for these anchors. Results follow.

Douglas Murray discusses this in “The Strange Death of Europe”.

Comment by KCRob — August 13, 2017 @ 4:56 pm - August 13, 2017

53. KCRob,

On the extreme left is anarchy. Next to the extreme left is Communism/Totalitarianism. Then comes Socialism to the left of center.

To the right of center is Representative Democracy. To the right of that is some form of libertarianism. To the extreme right is anarchy.

The leftists speak out loudly against the supremacists while signaling approval of Antifada as they did with Occupy Wall Street and indulge the radicals of the left. You can not read Alinsky without understanding that lying propaganda is the central tool of demonizing from the left.

Our left is hell bent on getting the country locked into socialism. Social Justice Warriors promote the state as the highest arbiter in the lives of all. The Antifa thugs are more centered than socialists. Eventually, the socialist loons and their ideological thugs are going to collide and tear each other apart. But, in the meantime, the whole left hates the entire right and will take every opportunity to demonize anyone who is not on board with socialism.

Comment by Heliotrope — August 13, 2017 @ 6:42 pm - August 13, 2017

54. “Political violence in America comes mostly from the Left; James Alex Fields is the exception to prove the rule. ”

False. Totally false

Read. Learn:

“(Since 1993) right wing extremists groups have killed 255 I there attacks and injured 600 more”

“I’m sure that anything from ThinkProgress (or any Soros group) is Fake News and not worth considering”

Says the guy who parrots Mike “pizza gate” Cernovich and known Russian propagandists “zerohedge”

Comment by mike — August 13, 2017 @ 8:33 pm - August 13, 2017

55. ADL is another biased, lying type of left-wing organization. See my explanation here: http://www.gaypatriot.net/2017/07/20/adl-jumps-the-shark-becomes-a-defamation-league/

Zero for two, mike. Try getting some honest stats from real sources.

Comment by ILoveCapitalism — August 13, 2017 @ 8:43 pm - August 13, 2017

56. “Try getting some honest stats from real sources.”

How nice it must be to be a conservative.

You can discount well sourced, well researched and well documented reports by saying “biased” (And your post on why they are biased is flummy to say the least)

No wonder you folks can be wrong on virtually every issue.
    No wonder you can say totally false things like “Political violence in America comes mostly from the Left” with impunity

You live in an echo chamber built upon paranoia and falsehoods. You just don’t have the cajones to look at reality.
    Sad.

Comment by mike — August 13, 2017 @ 9:51 pm - August 13, 2017

57. Yep.

As facts show, not only is the ADL a puppet organization, it’s one that actively endorses and supports anti-Semitic Democrats.

Comment by North Dallas Thirty — August 13, 2017 @ 9:52 pm - August 13, 2017

58. Hey mikey, guess what?

Turns out your Black Lives Matter Democrat Party has been actively denounced by actual Jews as being anti-Semitic hateful bigots.

But of course you won’t answer, because you’re trapped in the liberal echo chamber. Besides, given your support of Islamic terrorism, we know you endorse and support the Nazi ideal of genocide of Jews.

Comment by North Dallas Thirty — August 13, 2017 @ 9:56 pm - August 13, 2017

59. Hey mikey, you do realize Obamas two most important advisors, “Reverend” Jeremiah Wright and “Reverend” Al Sharpton, not only hated Jews, but actively incited riots of Democrat voters who o kill Jews?

What’s the matter, mikey? I just truth-bombed I’ve eith facts, and you ran away. That’s because because you are a racist, murderous little Nazi brat who was screaming “Sieg Heil” right along with your Fuhrer Obama and Fuhrer Hillary as they were screaming for the murder of Jews and their political opponents by calling them subhuman “deplorables”.

Comment by North Dallas Thirty — August 13, 2017 @ 10:01 pm - August 13, 2017

60. Therefore, Alt left and the Alt right are just brothers from different mothers standing on either side, but shoulder to shoulder with anarchy.

Something I’ve said for a long time; in recent years, someone has created a name for it: Horseshoe Theory.

Comment by RSG — August 13, 2017 @ 10:28 pm - August 13, 2017

61. mike – the ADL, like the $PLC, has lost credibility. In the case of the $PLC, even lefties have begun to notice.

But let’s say that right wing violence is a problem similar in scope to left wing violence; there’s a difference.

Wackos attend any segment of society – the difference is what these segments do about the wackos. In the left’s case, excuses are made, blame is shifted, and the wackos are even hailed as heroes. Some even show up in Democrat White Houses more often than some Cabinet secretaries while others are granted tenure at what passes for university these days.

Whereas on the right, people like he-whom-I-wont-name that murdered people at the black church in Charlotte a couple of years ago are roundly condemned and the normals on the right would gladly volunteer to put the little bastard out of our misery. Lefties tried to pin the OKC bomber on conservatives yet no conservatives can be found that would excuse the guy. No one on the right held a candlelight vigil in Terre Haute the day he got what was coming to him.

If the guy that drove over those people in Charlottesville doesn’t have a damn good reason for doing so (aside from total hysterical panic or a grand mal seizure, none comes to mind), I’d challenge you to name anyone that comments on this site willing to give the guy a pass.

Trump condemned violence from all sides and, sure enough, DJT is condemned by none other than Joe Biden who thinks the problem is only on the right. I guess he’s chosen to ignore the large number of incidents of violence by lefties – some orchestrated by paid establishment Democrats. There were plenty of pictures of kind and tolerant lefties assaulting peaceful demonstrators (the improvised flame throwers are a nice touch).

Kind of like BLM where stating the all lives matter is unacceptable.

Comment by KCRob — August 13, 2017 @ 10:41 pm - August 13, 2017

62. “But let’s say that right wing violence is a problem similar in scope to left wing violence; there’s a difference”

Lolzzzzzz

I am saying domestic right wing violence is a national crisis that has killed more Americans in our borders than Islamic terrorism post 9/11

I have shown you studies, original research and data that shows this.

Yet you refuse to face the ugliness of your own souls and instead lash out and blame other’s and say “bbbbbbbut look what they’re doing!”

Comment by mike — August 14, 2017 @ 6:52 am - August 14, 2017

63. Of course you are, mikey.

That’s b/c you consider shooting Republican Congresspersons and Capitol police to be heroism.

That’s because you said the people shot in San Bernardino by two people screaming “Ahallu ackbar” deserved it.

That’s because you said the people shot by a man screaming “Ahallu ackbar” at Fort Hood deserved it.

And that’s because in the grand theory of intersectionality that your Democrat Party pushes, the nearly-fifty gay people killed at Pulse by someone who openly allied himself with ISIS are acceptable collateral damage because Muslims outweigh gay people on the victimhood scale.

In every case, your Democrat Party, led by your racist Obama, screamed that the POC who carried out these murders were not terrorists and that white people were to blame for their actions.

This is not only laughably delusional, but it’s flat out racist on your part. Mainly because it reduces POCs to feeble-minded children or animals who cannot possibly be held accountable for their actions.

Why are you such a racist, mikey?

Comment by North Dallas Thirty — August 14, 2017 @ 9:05 am - August 14, 2017

64. mike.

I’m curious about something. Most of the numbers I’ve seen are very carefully crafted and limited, typically to ‘islam linked violence between Sept 12 2001 and June 11 2016.’

Then that number is compared to -every single terror attack that can possibly be considered alt right- even when the groups so linked have nothing to do with each other. Assuming that you include numbers between sept 12 2001 and now, what I’ve seen indicates that islamist linked attacks have killed approximately 52 percent of all terror linked fatalities. If you -include- 9/11, of course, the numbers go even more lopsided. Throwing some demographics into the mix, just for shits and grins, we find that self identified muslims approximate 1% of the population of the USA. White folks have a considerably greater share.

The FBI almost certainly has less than a dozen analysts on domestic right wing terror. It has hundreds on islamic terror, and did so even under Eric Holder’s reign to the best of my knowledge.

If we go worldwide, and pretend for a second that the world outside of America actually matters, we find that islam is responsible for approx 74% of all terror related fatalities, principally ISIS and Boko Haram.

I’m not denying that there are actors on the fringe that get idenitified as Alt-right that are vile, murderous bastards who need a .45 lobotomy for public safety. But to insist that islamic terror doesn’t matter because of ‘domestic right wing extremism’ is foolishness to the point of abject stupidity.

On the subject of false identification of ‘alt right terror’ there was an attack a few months back, where a white man stabbed a muslim woman and several other, white, people who tried to stop him. That man was publically brought up and vilified as a alt right trum supporting racist. Turns out he was a bernie bro. Go figure, right? And the two men were military, iirc.

The Pulse night club was also initially blamed on alt right anti-gay propaganda. Still is in some circles. Boston Marathon bombing…I could go on, but i won’t.

Do you explicitly – and by explicitly i mean ‘actual evidence’ know anyone on the right that publicly or privately supports alt-right terrorist attacks? Of those people, how many do you think most right wing/liberal types would -not- condemn, roundly and viciously?

Why is it that wehen I read the news, the majority of the things i see are excuses for left wing linked activists committing crimes of violence in response to nothing more than speech? That it isn’t the Islamist fault, right wing hatred has pushed them to it? That anti-Islamist hatred and bigotry is massively on the rise, despite no supporting evidence in the form of actual, reported, investigated, and convicted racists and bigots?

I have so many questions, mike, and I’ve yet to find any good answers.

Comment by aerinyes — August 14, 2017 @ 1:06 pm - August 14, 2017

65. Sorry, muffed up a sentence in the 8th paragraph, meant to say ‘libertarians’ not liberals.’ My brain reports those two words as being the same…unfortunately in today’s political parlance, it’s not.

*Do you explicitly – and by explicitly i mean ‘actual evidence’ know anyone on the right that publicly or privately supports alt-right terrorist attacks? Of those people, how many do you think most right wing/libertarian types would -not- condemn, roundly and viciously?

Comment by aerinyes — August 14, 2017 @ 1:09 pm - August 14, 2017

66. “But to insist that islamic terror doesn’t matter because of ‘domestic right wing extremism’ is foolishness to the point of abject stupidity.”

Who said “islamic terror doesn’t matter because of ‘domestic right wing extremism”? That sounds like a straw man to me.

“Then that number is compared to -every single terror attack that can possibly be considered alt right- even when the groups so linked have nothing to do with each other”

The ADL link has a link to the original pdf. Check it out. Pages 8 – 25 lists a good portion of conservative acts of violence from 1993 to today. I am sure you could find some to quibble over but the preponderance of evidence is clear. You are right, these acts of right wing terrorists are typically small groups and not acting at the behest of an organized individual. But instead they gather online or in other discrete forums.
    (Quite similar to the way ISIS operates in America)

“I have so many questions, mike, and I’ve yet to find any good answers.”

The ADL link has the answers to some of your questions. Check it out. You will see what attacks they classify and a short description of the motivation if known.

“Do you explicitly – and by explicitly i mean ‘actual evidence’ know anyone on the right that publicly or privately supports alt-right terrorist attacks? Of those people, how many do you think most right wing/libertarian types would -not- condemn, roundly and viciously”

Off the top of my head I know there are some on the right who will not condemn Eric Rudolph and I know that he got some domestic support. I have also seen conservatives defend William Keebler. I know that we are seeing many of the terrorists who went to Charlottesville show up on timelines of many elected republicans. Can you imagine if they were Islamic terrorists?
    Yow.

Comment by mike — August 14, 2017 @ 4:20 pm - August 14, 2017

67. Mike,

Who won’t? Name some names. I certainly condemn Rudolph and Keebler. Who doesn’t, and when did they say say it? I said evidence, not allegations.

Keeping in mind I don’t actually use twitter – or facespace or instagram or snapchat or any of the other idiotic data aggregator/stupidity accumulators, exactly how hard is it to show up on someone’s timeline? Would mentioning them in a derogatory manner do it? Or are you talking about the guys with the Photoshopped pictures? Pretty sure some of the antifa are also showing up on the timelines of elected officials involved, as well – does that make them complicit in antifa’s terroristic actions? I know Joy Reid and Maxine Waters are rather proactively defending them.

They also gift the KKK and the nazis to the right. Low blow there, those guys are leftist origin groups. Heck, HRC’s favorite mentor was a Grand Dragon (who officially recanted at the end of his life…because his membership fucked with his political aspirations) But hey, sure, whatever. They’re alt-right because reasons.

(How many people has socialism killed again? Oh, right, north of a hundred million. But that wasn’t terrorism, of course)

From the pdf, it looks like we’re doing a pretty good job at stifling ‘right wing’ terrorism.

Also, it’s not a strawman when I point out the tu quoque of the sudden prevalence of ‘ohnoes right wing terror is rising and it’s what we should really be worried about instead of those poor muslims!’

We should be concerned about both. But personally, I’m -more- concerned about islamist terrorism than ‘right wing’ terrorism.

Another thing I don’t see (and yes, this is a tu quoque, but i still see it, so…) is any mention in the MSM about all the terrorists liberals have embraced over the years. Like what’s his face, the weather underground dude who’s now a tenured professor at a university? Or JoAnne Deborah Byron, who’s practically sainted in some leftist circles. And of course, Rasmeah Odeh, the convicted terrorist who is apparently an innocent woman because…rape culture. (No shit, i did actually see that. Some idiots believe her position about being raped for months by IDF forcing her father to do the deed…because to think otherwise violates their understanding of rape culture.)

I mean, it’s not like less than 1 percent of the US population (muslims) have committed at least 52% of the terrorism related deaths since 9/12/2001. No, we need to worry about the vast and nebulous alt right! Because they’re Hydra! They have many heads! But they’re all alt-right!

It’s not like a survey was recently done of muslims worldwide and found out that 76% of them don’t support the killing of innocent civilians. For those challenged, that means 24% of them can be convinced that it’s totes okay to kill innocent civilians depending on factors.
    (US Muslims: 81% say such acts are never justified, while fewer than one-in-ten say violence against civilians either is often justified (1%) or is sometimes justified (7%) to defend Islam. )

Comment by aerinyes — August 14, 2017 @ 6:33 pm - August 14, 2017

68. […] Antifa and #WhiteLivesMatter deserve each other […]

Pingback by The Weekly Headlines – Br Andrew's Muses — August 20, 2017 @ 3:40 am - August 20, 2017

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI