- Antifa is a criminal, terrorist organization (as GayPatriot has covered in various posts).
- Antifa’s lineage goes back to Russian communists such as Trotsky.
- New Jersey’s Dept of Homeland Security has Antifa officially on its watch list of domestic terrorist organizations.
CNN has been fairly silent about Antifa – until yesterday, when CNN did a whitewash piece on Antifa that failed to label it a terrorist, criminal or Trotskyite organization.
According to an early report from Daily Caller, this extract would be as close as CNN came to admitting anything might be bad about Antifa:
The group is known for causing damage to property during protests. In Berkeley, black-clad protesters wearing masks threw Molotov cocktails and smashed windows at the student union center where the [Milo] Yiannopoulos event was to be held.
Absent: Any mention of Eric Clanton or Antifa’s other injurious, criminal assaults on human beings.
Present: Extensive justification, for the supposed mere “property damage”, from Antifa representatives:
[Scott] Crow[, a longtime Antifa organizer,] said members use violence as a means of self-defense and they believe property destruction does not equate to violence. “There is a place for violence. Is that the world that we want to live in? No. Is it the world we want to inhabit? No. Is it the world we want to create? No. But will we push back? Yes,” Crow said.
Then more of the same, from another Antifa organizer.
CNN may have edited the piece after Daily Caller saw it. Looking at it now, I do see one additional mention that Antifa might be kinda violent – from a certain krazy, racist, Alt Right point of view. That mention is followed by another “But…”, with justifying comments from an Antifa organizer, to whom CNN grants the last word.
Still absent: any hint of Antifa being on New Jersey’s official terror watch list. From CNN, you’d never know. Sad to say, this all fits in a larger pattern.
- Yesterday, a CNN contributor, Rick Wilson, called for the physical lynching and murder of “fascists”, in which category he has explicitly included President Trump. Wilson has previously called for the GOP establishment to “go out and put a bullet in Donald Trump.”
- Also in the last couple of days, a left-wing CNN contributor, Keith Boykin, made racist remarks against an African-American whom he disagreed with; then told his female host to “shut up” when she politely tried to shut him up.
No word yet on whether CNN will do anything about either Wilson or Boykin. I doubt they will.
I call on CNN to explicitly disavow Antifa, #BlackLivesMatter, and all left-wing bigotry and violence. I call on President Trump to make a similar call upon CNN and Democrats everywhere, on behalf of all Americans.
Eric Clanton update: His preliminary hearing was supposed to be last week, but is now in September. “Clanton was charged in May with four counts of assault with a deadly weapon, a felony, with the special allegation of causing great bodily injury to Sean Stiles. He was also charged with wearing a mask to evade identification, a misdemeanor.”