At the Free Speech Rally in Boston yesterday, Alt Left protestors apparently assaulted an older woman who did nothing but hold an American flag. (I’m not sure if this was before or after the rally was officially shut down.)
Truly, we live in a time of insanity and mass hysteria – from the Left.
- After eight years of President Obama, tens of millions of lefties thought that they understood reality; their view was inherently right and destined to prevail; their self-indulgent behaviors had, you know, Left-Wing Privilege. They thought they were the cool kids.
- The election of President Trump – I mean, the very fact of it – stands as a massive rebuke and disproof. The lefties’ view might not be right and destined; at the very least, the world doesn’t work the way they thought it did and won’t automatically accept their excesses.
- These millions of people are unable to handle being rebuked or disproven (or not the cool kids).
- Rather than accept any correction to their views or behavior, these people are more unhinged than ever: mis-perceiving reality, saying and believing and doing desperate things, and egging each other on.
What happens next? One of two things. Either
- They’ll win – their mass tantrums will work – they’ll pull off a left-wing coup d’etat, ending what is left of the Constitution and Free Speech. Basically, America goes Commie. (Because anyone who would ever oppose that must be a Nazi.) Or,
- They’ll lose – they’ll provoke an even greater backlash (greater than electing Trump) in favor of America, the Constitution, and Free Speech under the Rule of Law. Basically, they’ll be facing years of therapy (and a few of them, jail).
Either way, it’s rough times for the rest of us. Under possibility 1, we lose totally. Under possibility 2, we win – but will have to put up with years of nonsense.