DACA Thoughts

Posted by V the K at 2:25 pm - September 6, 2017.
Filed under: Illegal Immigration

First thought,  isn’t it odd how the Republicans in Congress can completely renege on seven years of promises to repeal Obamacare, do absolutely nothing about border security, dawdle over tax reform… but it when it comes to giving Amnesty to illegal immigrants undocumented Democrat voters, they snap right to it and get to work.

I think most of us are wise that DACA is just phase one of their 3 part Amnesty plan. First the “children” (even though the median age of a person in DACA is 26) get Amnesty, then the parents, then all the other illegal immigrants.

1. Establishment R’s have no idea what “slippery slope” means.

Secure the border. Fix immigration.

Seems simple to me.

Comment by TnnsNe1 — September 6, 2017 @ 2:55 pm - September 6, 2017

2. But it’s not simple. The Establishment GOP wants mass immigration to continue (cheap labor), and their voters want it stopped.

So, their goal isn’t to “Secure the Border” or “Fix Immigration,” but to preserve the status quo while fooling the voters that they are doing something. That’s why you get stuff like the Gang of Eight bill.

Comment by V the K — September 6, 2017 @ 3:03 pm - September 6, 2017

3. I always forget that an elephant is a mouse built by the government.

Comment by TnnsNe1 — September 6, 2017 @ 3:17 pm - September 6, 2017

4. Second, if illegal immigrants brought to the US as minors cannot be held responsible for the actions of their parents, why does the left want to hold me personally responsible for slavery… which happened two hundred years ago… under people I’m not even related to?

You indeed hit that nail really hard on its head. I suspect the hammer went through the wall (pun intended).

As a side note, same here:

I’m still unsure which of the pseudo-democrats / true commies or of the Republi-conmen I’d be the most tempted to line up and start slapping faces until their bribes fall out of their pockets, should I ever set foot in that thing called “US Kongress”.

Comment by Cyril — September 6, 2017 @ 4:54 pm - September 6, 2017

5. Cheap labor. Maybe work in a sweatshop, or pick cotton.
    Of course, those that say that is just the way it is profit from those markets.

Pay taxes, work to death. Company town.

Funny thing is that is a step up from local warlords and cannibals, but not really. Hug a city. Row well, and live. Until that rearranges.

Comment by neal — September 6, 2017 @ 6:26 pm - September 6, 2017

6. Every time Congress has tried to push an amnesty (since 2000, anyway), they’ve backed off as soon as their constituents catch the scent of another screwing.

So I suspect they’re pretty PO’d at DJT since he’s essentially told them to put up or shut up. That leaves the congress-critters flapping in the breeze since they were (again) hoping the Executive would relieve them of their duty – free to snipe from the sidelines without having their hoof prints on anything.

I wonder if the est. GOP is starting to worry that the rubes are catching on to their scam.

Comment by KCRob — September 6, 2017 @ 7:42 pm - September 6, 2017

7. “Second, if illegal immigrants brought to the US as minors cannot be held responsible for the actions of their parents, why does the left want to hold me personally responsible for slavery… which happened two hundred years ago… under people I’m not even related to?” Good point, and…..(though this isn’t directly related)…why does the Left hold me responsible for slavery and colonialism because of the whiteness of my ancestors yet never, using the same logic, thanks me for inventing this computer and discovering penicillin and……..etc. etc. etc. ? Talk about your double standards.

Comment by Joey — September 7, 2017 @ 2:39 am - September 7, 2017

8. I started to have a bit of sympathy for the DACA people until they started spilling out in to the streets with Mexican flags spouting Spanish and making demands and generally throwing a tantrum.

Ingrates. Send them back.

Comment by CH — September 7, 2017 @ 11:50 am - September 7, 2017

9. @8

This american has an interesting (and interested) take on it:

To All the Mexicans Who Don’t Like Me (or Spit on America)

Here, I especially liked his bluntness.

Comment by Cyril — September 7, 2017 @ 8:49 pm - September 7, 2017