Don’t Tell, Don’t Ask

Posted by V the K at 6:45 pm - October 8, 2017.
Filed under: Gay Culture

California recently reduced the penalty for deliberately infecting an unsuspecting person with HIV from a felony to a misdemeanor. This was very happy news to the segment of the gay community that celebrates deliberately infecting unsuspecting people with HIV. Chad Felix Greene, on the other hand, thinks this is a bad thing.

[W]hen faced with real-life situations in which HIV+ people intentionally lie about their status and expose or infect others [the LGBT Left] hold tight to their narrative. The story of Michael Johnson, for example, only served to fuel their argument. In 2015 Johnson was convicted of infecting one man and exposing four others. He lied about his status online and intentionally exposed all five men. The Human Rights Campaign spun the story as one of racial oppression and homophobia
[…]
I have argued that if every HIV+ gay man alone, even 80% of us, took our medications properly, informed our partners and made responsible sexual choices while vowing to never allow our own virus to escape into the world, HIV would be eliminated. We are the primary cause of HIV in the country and we could stop it.

Sadly the LGBT media is more focused on genuinely outdated ideas of ‘stigma’ and social injustice than on eliminating HIV.

Read the whole thing. He also addresses something I’ve made note of previously. That the gay left, in their zeal to “de-stigmatize” HIV infections swung all the way to “if you refuse to have sex with HIV-infected men, then you’re an ignorant bigot Trump-supporting racist homophobe.” Like you’re actually supposed to feel bad about protecting yourself from an incurable disease.

11 Comments »

1. I’ll admit that fear of being inadvertently infected — or callously or maliciously infected — severely stilted my overt sexuality for decades. I remember when AIDS=DEATH was a certain diagnosis, not a catchy political slogan. **shudder** I passed on a lot of “fun” out of mortal fear …and still do.

Gods, now I feel old….

There, I’ve said it. **sigh**

Comment by Ted B. (Charging Rhino) — October 8, 2017 @ 7:27 pm - October 8, 2017

2. I get made fun of for insisting on still using condoms. My friends call them old timey PrEP.

Comment by CH — October 8, 2017 @ 8:46 pm - October 8, 2017

3. Seems everyone now barebacks so I’m actually more nervous because all the other STDs are making a comeback.

This is the real issue with the ‘free love’ mentality. So HIV transmission is reduced to almost nothing via the various drug cocktails and other better-living-through-biochemistry measures. That doesn’t prevent all the other diseases which are on the increase, like treatment-resistant syphilis and gonorrhea, not to mention hepatitis. Add to that transmission is made more easily because stoopid f-gg-ts insist on doing party drugs which render them incapable of recognizing (or caring to recognize) any abnormal condition on someone else’s body.

Comment by RSG — October 9, 2017 @ 1:24 am - October 9, 2017

4. Gee, it’s like they think there are no consequences for risky behavior…

Or they think there should be no consequences for said risky behavior.

Comment by Aerinyes — October 9, 2017 @ 2:54 am - October 9, 2017

5. This is incomprehensible to me. Deliberately infecting someone with a deadly disease–or one that isn’t always deadly only at great monetary expense and numerous side effects–SHOULD be a felony. This isn’t a mild injury.

Comment by TheQuietMan — October 9, 2017 @ 7:35 am - October 9, 2017

6. This makes me sick. It’s the same idea as using abortion as birth control. Get pregnant, suck it out…get horny, PREP it out…barf

Comment by TAD — October 9, 2017 @ 9:07 am - October 9, 2017

7. If I shoot someone, I am putting the bullet into the person’s body, where it can break bone, damage tissue, puncture a vital organ or sever an artery, and/or cause shock. Depending on the circumstances, I could be prosecuted for murder or manslaughter if the victim died, or with attempted murder or assault with a deadly weapon if the victim survived.

If I infect someone with a virus, I am putting that virus into the person’s body, where it could cause fatal disease.

So, is shooting someone going to be downgraded to a misdemeanor in California, too? If not, why not?

Maybe Governor Moonbeam and the state legislature could just classify murder, rape, and armed robbery as misdemeanors. And they could legalize burglary, theft, and reckless driving. And then they could boast about how, statistically, their state has a low crime rate.

Comment by Tom — October 9, 2017 @ 9:30 am - October 9, 2017

8. I guess this good for the person going around giving people the virus but what about the person getting the virus. if you don’t have aids would this make you vote for jerry brown or is jerry doing to spread the disease?

Comment by salg — October 9, 2017 @ 10:36 am - October 9, 2017

9. Maybe Governor Moonbeam and the state legislature could just classify murder, rape, and armed robbery as misdemeanors. And they could legalize burglary, theft, and reckless driving.

I thought they already had normalized most aberrant behavior as “naughty, naughty, …tsk, tsk. “

Comment by Ted B. (Charging Rhino) — October 9, 2017 @ 10:43 am - October 9, 2017

10. Not to mention condoms are effective against HIV and helpful against some other STDs. Anyone engaging in non monogamous sex (her or homo) should be using condoms period.

To go without is just plain stupid. California proves it.

Comment by Just me — October 9, 2017 @ 12:11 pm - October 9, 2017

11. ” “if you refuse to have sex with HIV-infected men, then you’re an ignorant bigot Trump-supporting racist homophobe.” Like you’re actually supposed to feel bad about protecting yourself from an incurable disease.”….kinda like if you refuse to lay your neck out for a Islamist or voluntarily jump off a tall building for the same, you must be an Islamophobe.

Comment by Rex — October 10, 2017 @ 11:07 am - October 10, 2017