Apple Diversity Chief Makes Truthful Statement, Is Forced to Recant

Denise Young Smith, the humanoid in charge of promoting diversity at Apple, said something perfectly common sensible at some tech conference. This is what she said.

There can be 12 white blue-eyed blonde men in a room and they are going to be diverse too because they’re going to bring a different life experience and life perspective to the conversation.

This sent the social justice wankers of Silicon Valley to their fainting couches.

The phrase appears to allow for Apple to make diversity and inclusion hiring decisions based solely on diversity of thought. There’s nothing inherently wrong with diverse thinking, but treating it with primary importance eliminates the many benefits of a racial-and-gender-diverse workforce and many see it as, frankly, a complete cop-out in trying to solve a very real problem.

“Diversity of thought” has long been a lever used by critics of the concept of D&I work to push back against meaningful diversity efforts.

Diversity of thought is anathema to the social justice left. Everyone has to think the same way, and those who think differently must be silenced and punished. The only diversity that matters is skin tone, national origin, genitalia, and preferred use of genitalia.

Young Smith has been forced to denounce herself, and reaffirm that she loves Big Sister very, very much.

Last week, while attending a summit in Bogota, I made some comments as part of a conversation on the many factors that contribute to diversity and inclusion.

I regret the choice of words I used to make this point. I understand why some people took offense. My comments were not representative of how I think about diversity or how Apple sees it. For that, I’m sorry.

More importantly, I want to assure you Apple’s view and our dedication to diversity has not changed.

Understanding that diversity includes women, people of color, LGBTQ people, and all underrepresented minorities is at the heart of our work to create an environment that is inclusive of everyone.

There, now she’s thinking just like everybody else.

Diversity.

1. “There are five lights.”

Comment by Ted B. (Charging Rhino) — October 15, 2017 @ 10:43 pm - October 15, 2017

2. Lemme give you a clue: Harvey Weinstein got away with what he did for decades because there were only white men in the room.

Comment by CrayCrayPatriot — October 16, 2017 @ 2:35 am - October 16, 2017

3. Harvey Weinstein got away with what he did for decades because there were only white men in the room.

He did it because there wasn’t a MAN in the room willing to say “No Harvey, Bad Harvey!“. Race or ethnicity has nothing to do with it, …even gender since obviously there were women too in close-proximity who saw and heard…and did nothing either. And he’s hardly an outlier.

Power Corrupts,. And that never changes except through moral-effort. “I could do this, no-one would stop me, but I will-not since it’s wrong.”

And out of respect for Godwin’s Law; Reductio ad Hitlerum, I’ll quoute from Trek Canon;

ANAN: There can be no peace. Don’t you see? We’ve admitted it to ourselves! We’re a killer species, it’s instinctive. It’s the same with you! Your General Order 24.
    KIRK: Alright. It’s instinctive. But the instinct can be fought. We’re human beings with the blood of a million savage years on our hands. But we can stop it. We can admit that we’re killers, but we’re not going to kill today. That’s all it takes. Knowing that we’re not going to kill – today!

I remember this from childhood, and it made an impact. Simply “Not today.”

Comment by Ted B. (Charging Rhino) — October 16, 2017 @ 3:17 am - October 16, 2017

4. Race or ethnicity has nothing to do with it.

Harvey ain’t the only one. And the more women in power, the less it would happen.

“In the room” refers to those in power, just so I’m clear. It doesn’t include the mousy secretary in the corner taking meeting notes.

Comment by CrayCrayPatriot — October 16, 2017 @ 6:22 am - October 16, 2017

5. Is that the new talking point? Blame “White Men” for Harvey Weinstein. LOL. I’ll give it to the left, at least they are consistent.

You know something else everybody “in the room” at Weinstein had in common? They were all card-carrying leftist Democrats.

Comment by V the K — October 16, 2017 @ 6:39 am - October 16, 2017

6. “In the room” can be carried over to Trump as well. Or at Fox News.

Seriously. You’re such a dolt.

Comment by CrayCrayPatriot — October 16, 2017 @ 7:58 am - October 16, 2017

7. Since all threads must be Weinstein, for some reason, there is a theory that the reason Hollywood feminists like Ashley Judd, Hanoi Jane Fonda, and Jennifer Lawrence lashed out at Trump (and Republicans generally) was that they were displacing their anger from Hollywood men who had abused them onto Republican men who had not because in this way they could vent without hazard to their careers.

Comment by V the K — October 16, 2017 @ 8:35 am - October 16, 2017

8. Cray, Cray wants Harry Weinstein. He’s into fat old trolls.

Comment by Anon — October 16, 2017 @ 8:59 am - October 16, 2017

9. Apparently, al-Cray-da is in a self-loathing mood. He hates old fat men who chase after young things.

Regards,
    Peter H.

Comment by Peter Hughes — October 16, 2017 @ 10:04 am - October 16, 2017

10. “Diversity” means that every workplace, every office, every board of directors must have at least one African-American, one woman, one gay person, one transgendered person, and one Muslim.

And every single one of them has to be for unrestricted immigration, abortion, and forcing Christian caterers to serve gay weddings. And against tax reform, private gun ownership, and requiring voters at the polls to show the same ID that they would need to buy beer.

The quotas do not require Asians, Yazidis, or refugees from Iron Curtain countries during the Cold War. And they won’t, until those groups either become a.solid and significant voting bloc, or until they start rioting in the streets.

Comment by Tom — October 16, 2017 @ 10:16 am - October 16, 2017

11. CrayCray:

Is that because white men are uniquely corrupt, or because they were in a position of power and privilege for a long period of time with no checks?

Comment by Aerinyes — October 16, 2017 @ 10:41 am - October 16, 2017

12. “said something perfectly common sensible”….neither the truth or common sense is relative, only the narrative matters to “the Party”. You must truly see five fingers not four, Winston!

Comment by Rex — October 16, 2017 @ 12:37 pm - October 16, 2017

13. Bill Cosby is white?

Comment by BigJ — October 16, 2017 @ 12:46 pm - October 16, 2017

14. It’s a non-starter for US Leftists duped minorities, unhinged bigots, white supremacists & other assorted loonies to attempt race war tactics. That attacking a majority is a strategy or practice, always leaves me fairly speechless.

A good way for someone to goad me into firing women or a minority is to attack my race or demean me. Oh yes & I will fire them on the spot without explanation. Trying suing me. Just try.

The chips need to fall where they may or a populated office or shop needs to be what it ends up to be without intent of any kind. Otherwise I will also point at South Africa or Kenya & attack their majority & that’s something that is guaranteed not to go well – for those that turn their heads to see what I’m talking about.

Give it some thought, knee-jerk-defenders of race politics. Stupidity has many faces & that’s an only guarantee of diversity.

Comment by Hanover — October 16, 2017 @ 1:27 pm - October 16, 2017

15. Ah yes, men. The unfortunate, despicable bearers of the source of all that is evil: the y-chromosome.

Climb out of that ivory tower, CrayCray. Are you seriously going to pretend to us that it’s only because of white men that this happened? Yeah, because black men never, ever abuse their power- just ask about half of the women married to football players.

Comment by Sean L — October 16, 2017 @ 3:13 pm - October 16, 2017

16. As Apple is demonstrating its ability to count skin tones, genitalia (real and imagined), and gender delusions – not to mention squandering shareholders’ money on the $PLC fraud, I wish someone would ask Apple why it doesn’t shut up and put up.

Instead of sending money to $PLC (to be stashed in the Caymans); instead of sheltering profits overseas, why doesn’t Tim Cook open a factory in Camden, NJ? There are plenty of POCs in the area that can staff an iPhone factory.

Whenever billionaire lefties start prattling on about diversity and racist white hicks, we need to ask them what minority ‘hood (within the US, not ‘hoods in China) they’ve invested in lately. If they can’t come up with something, they need to STFU.

(Writing this on a 6-yo MacBook Pro… I hate it that they make a decent computer.)

Comment by KCRob — October 16, 2017 @ 7:41 pm - October 16, 2017

17. @16 if they invested in those “hoods” they will go bankrupt. they know it but don’t have the guts to say it. hiring the “hard-core” unemployed is the surest way to go out of business.

Comment by salg — October 16, 2017 @ 9:48 pm - October 16, 2017

18. I like to see the diversity records of the black owned businesses in the united states.

Comment by salg — October 16, 2017 @ 9:49 pm - October 16, 2017

19. He hates old fat men who chase after young things.

I’m not that young.

Latter option.

You aren’t mistaken. My main point is that in environments where men calls the shots with few women in power, it’s going to skew the culture to the behavior we saw at TWC/Miramax, Fox News, and Trump, Inc.

Comment by CrayCrayPatriot — October 16, 2017 @ 10:23 pm - October 16, 2017

20. CrayCray,

If it is entrenched power, why are you disagreeing with ted and V?

An additional data point: Exckuding prison populations, the reported rapists is approximately equally split between men and women. With that in mind, how do you justify the thought that it will prevent rapes to have more women in power?

Rape is primarily a power and control thing, not a sex thing.

Comment by Aerinyes — October 16, 2017 @ 10:33 pm - October 16, 2017

21. Notice how CCP still tries to equate sexual assualt with sexual harassment in order to “soften” what the Hollywood pigs are doing and have been doing since almost as long as Hollywood has been in business.

Comment by TnnsNe1 — October 16, 2017 @ 10:53 pm - October 16, 2017

22. Exckuding prison populations, the reported rapists is approximately equally split between men and women

Hi Ae! Thank you for your response. I’d really like to see this data. Please share.

And TnnsNe1, You do realise that your fearless lead Trump has bragged about sexually assaulted women, right?

Comment by CrayCrayPatriot — October 17, 2017 @ 3:29 am - October 17, 2017

23. Sure.

CDC’s National Intimate Partner and Sexual Violence Survey

Keep in mind that, for some reason, the crime standards for rape do not include ‘being forced to penetrate’ someone. So the rate the FBI reports for rape is a little misleading – at least in my opinion, as I believe being forced to penetrate someone is basically rape.

That being said, the survey indicates some fairly terrifying things, though admittedly the numbers do seem inflated due to somewhat leading questions.

One of the things it -does- indicate is that women are not exactly blameless.

Here’s an article from the Times about it: http://time.com/3393442/cdc-rape-numbers/

They do some rape apologizing on behalf of women who forced – or coerced – drunken men to penetrate them, which is mildly amusing.

Also Cray, Trump didnt brag about sexual assault. Assault implies the women were -unwilling.- IIRC, his statement implied that the women -were- willing.

Comment by Aerinyes — October 17, 2017 @ 5:19 am - October 17, 2017

24. The left; “our commitment to diversity is only skin deep”.

Comment by Rd — October 17, 2017 @ 5:48 am - October 17, 2017

25. “You do realise that your fearless lead Trump has bragged about sexually assaulted women, right?”

Thy name is Deflection Donna.

Now, an actress has come forward to say she was raped at 9.

Keep defending them. You faulty comparisons are a form of defending these pigs. Sad.

Comment by TnnsNe1 — October 17, 2017 @ 9:23 am - October 17, 2017

26. I am calling this entire phenomenon The Plague of Frogs, like in the the Old Testament. As in, “You have to kiss a lot of frogs if you…

And kudos to the late, great Carrie Fisher for her solution to a Sony executive who crossed several lines with a friend of hers…

Comment by Ted B. (Charging Rhino) — October 17, 2017 @ 11:19 am - October 17, 2017

27. Thanks for that data, Ae. I’ll have a look at it once I’m done with my finals. There’s a lot to consider.

Actually, no, Ae. In Trump’s comments, he alludes to the power imbalance between him and his objects of prey. “You can do anything,” denote having cart blanche power. The “let,” does no imply consent. It implies the perception of consent. The perception of the one who holds all the power. So, yes, it is admitting to sexual assault. I’m sorry you can see that!

And, yes, Ted B, kudos to Carrie! R.I.P. Such a huge loss in the entertainment world.

Comment by CrayCrayPatriot — October 17, 2017 @ 5:32 pm - October 17, 2017

28. So, CrayCray is saying ‘let’ does not imply consent because… women are helpless waifs and cannot consent because, like small children, they do not have the capacity.

If ‘let’ does not imply consent because women have no power, and women generally don’t have political power, then all sex is rape?

Sometimes I wish leftists would ditch their misogyny. But I guess then they would have to stop accepting fundraising from unrepentant rapist Bill Clinton.

Comment by Karen — October 17, 2017 @ 7:35 pm - October 17, 2017

29. Thank you, CrayCray.

For denying women agency. Like all the other liberal assholes.

Anyone who tries to assault me is getting a 9mm between the legs, then between the eyes.

Only those I let are allowed leave to touch me.

Definition 1. To allow or permit.
    Synonyms: Approve, Authorize, give, grant, permit, sanction, give leave, give okay, give permission

Karen,

For a crazy time, look up ‘PIV is rape’ and ‘male colonization’

Comment by Aerinyes — October 17, 2017 @ 8:17 pm - October 17, 2017

30. Another false equivalency from CCP, trying to “soften” the pigs in Hollywood.

Comment by TnnsNe1 — October 17, 2017 @ 8:30 pm - October 17, 2017

31. Now the brother of the big pig is a pig too!!!

Comment by TnnsNe1 — October 17, 2017 @ 9:12 pm - October 17, 2017

32. Ae,

I’m sorry you can see Trump’s admission for what it is.

CCP

Comment by CrayCrayPatriot — October 18, 2017 @ 4:04 am - October 18, 2017

33. *can’t

Comment by CrayCrayPatriot — October 18, 2017 @ 4:10 am - October 18, 2017

34. CrayCray,

I’m sorry you think women are powerless, helpless damsels in distress that must be saved by a man.

Comment by aerinyes — October 18, 2017 @ 4:58 am - October 18, 2017

35. Ae,

I don’t. And I’m sorry you infer that from my words.

But, It’s pretty clear from Trump’s words, what he has admitted to. But, I suppose if his name was Bill Clinton, you would have no problem believing it.

As a matter of fact, I think Clinton is as guilty as sexual assault as Trump. I wonder if you feel the same way.

Comment by CrayCrayPatriot — October 18, 2017 @ 4:11 pm - October 18, 2017

36. Ae,

Here are the comments:

“I did try and f*ck her. She was married… I moved on her like a b1tch, but I couldn’t get there. And she was married. Then all of a sudden I see her, she’s now got the big phony t1ts and everything… I’ve got to use some Tic Tacs, just in case I start kissing her. You know I’m automatically attracted to beautiful. I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything. Grab them by the pu55y. You can do anything.”

Please explain to me how a woman is willing when a man just “start[s] kissing” her. I think it’s pretty confusing for someone to believe a man who says this isn’t admitting he does whatever he wants with women, willing or not. They only thing that implies “consent” her is “let.” And, guess what? It’s from the perspective of someone who “thinks” he has received consent (which is debatable; he may not even care). It doesn’t actually indicate the woman has given consent.

But, for me to bring this up, you argue that I say a woman has no agency is false. I believe Trump is talking about Nancy O’Dell here. I believe Nancy O’Dell has agency and fought Trump off. I also believe Trump tried to sexually assault her. Do you see how that works Ae? Are you able to juggle these two thoughts simultaneously?

Comment by CrayCrayPatriot — October 18, 2017 @ 4:26 pm - October 18, 2017

37. I could believe that, Cray.

I’d like to see some evidence, aside from baseless locker room talk. Perhaps Nancy O’dell has said something? Any other woman has come forward with credible allegations of harrassment or assault? Ongoing police investigations?

Comment by Aerinyes — October 18, 2017 @ 4:47 pm - October 18, 2017

38. Hi Ae,

Thanks for the response. Watch this space.

But, again, I ask you, do you draw a distinction between Trump and Bill Clinton when it comes to them being sexual predators?

Comment by CrayCrayPatriot — October 18, 2017 @ 5:04 pm - October 18, 2017

39. Perhaps there is no truth to any of this, but I’m skeptical. But, I would like to hear your thoughts on sexual assault and Bill Clinton in the context of Donald Trump.

Comment by CrayCrayPatriot — October 18, 2017 @ 5:12 pm - October 18, 2017

40. I’d like hear why Cas and CCP are dancing and deflecting?

The top Hollywood Progressive Voices are Rapist Pigs and Whores.

The top Washington Progressive couple, the Clintons, are a Russian whore and a rapist.

Those two things are exactly the same as the two Fox men. Yup, exactly the same if you are a Progressive with a broken moral compass.

Comment by TnnsNe1 — October 18, 2017 @ 6:23 pm - October 18, 2017

41. In the context of trump? Sounds like you’re fishing for a soundbyte.

The distinction between two powerful, politically connected men…well, right now the media hates one of them, and hasn’t been able to dig up any credible allegations. The media loves the other one, and hasn’t been able to cover up all of the credible allegations.

Better put some ice on that vs i like to kiss beautiful women. Hm.

Comment by Aerinyes — October 18, 2017 @ 7:07 pm - October 18, 2017

42. If you compare the list of allegations between Trump and Bill Clinton, one is incredibly longer than the other.

But, I don’t draw a distinction. I think they’re both pigs.

Comment by CrayCrayPatriot — October 18, 2017 @ 9:54 pm - October 18, 2017

43. Yes, Clinton’s rapes are better than Trump allegations.

Close Clinton friend, Linda Bloodsworth-Thomas says the Clinton’s had to have known about rapist Weinstein. But they wanted his money.

Another Progressive icon falling. At this rate, there won’t be many left. Where are Progressives going to get $$$ for 2018? Anyone who gives money to them is also a pig.

Seems those screaming loudest about the war on women are actually waging the war on women. Sad and pathetic.

Comment by TnnsNe1 — October 18, 2017 @ 11:17 pm - October 18, 2017

44. In soviet russia, the allegation is the crime.

The left: trump is a giant boasting exaggerating liar whose pants are on fire!

Also the left: except that one time he was boasting about his virility, manliness, and star power to an awed underling, that time he was actually understating.

As I’ve said before, I’ve heard worse in hen sessions.

Comment by Aerinyes — October 19, 2017 @ 12:05 am - October 19, 2017

45. Hi Ae,

I’m just wondering if you consider both Trump and Bill Clinton pigs like I do.

Cheers,
    CCP

Comment by CrayCrayPatriot — October 19, 2017 @ 1:10 am - October 19, 2017

46. Bill clinton is a rapist, a user, and an abuser.

Donald Trump is a braggadocio, and from all bar one accounts was a perfect gentleman to his stars on various beauty pageants. I’d be willing to bet he is a serial adulterer.

To say they are the same is derogatory to bill clintons victims and dismissive of bill clintons multiple rapes.

Defend your position, that words on tape are equivalent to serial abuse by tje likes of harvey weinstein.

Why, if you agree with their position, do you attack the arguments of ted and v earlier in the thread? Why bring sexist, racist commentary into it?

Comment by Aerinyes — October 19, 2017 @ 2:20 am - October 19, 2017

47. Thanks Ae.

I’ve already explained my stance in subsequent comments. There’s no use going over them. I’m sure you disagree.

Cheers,
    CCP

Comment by CrayCrayPatriot — October 19, 2017 @ 4:04 am - October 19, 2017

48. You have not, actually, explained why you disagreed with Ted and V saying that entrenched power leads to corruption. Merely restated your evil white men comment.

You have also not supplied, to my mind at least, logical reason to equate Trump’s jerkish braggadocio to serial abusers such as Weinstein/Clinton/Epstein/Weiner/Milk. You have supplied arguments that make it plan that you infer from his words sexual assault. The worst I can read from them is harassment. Harrassment is not assault is not rape.

Your last comment is a cop out, refusing to defend your position or even supply reasons beyond ‘i don’t want to debate this.’

Comment by aerinyes — October 19, 2017 @ 4:54 am - October 19, 2017

49. There are court documents that specify Ivana Trump said her ex-husband raped her. But, I’m sure she lied, as she had to have, considering she recanted. I’m sure you’re right, Trump is a harmless old braggadocio.

While we’re at, shall we say that Roger Ailes and Bill O’Reilly were next-to-harmless as well, as they were never accused of rape or assault? This conversation isn’t worth continuing. Do you think it is? Is rape worse than assault? Yeah. Is assault worse than harassment? Well, that’s debatable. Does a distinction really need to be made? I think there’s a definite grey area if we start to parse specific scenarios and what is really worse than another. But, your mind seems to be made up. Mine as well.

I believe a certain culture continues for ages and perpetuates itself when not challenged by diversity.

You don’t believe this.

I believe Trump is a pig, same as Clinton.

You believe in making a distinction between the two.

I’m not sure what further there is to discuss here.

Comment by CrayCrayPatriot — October 19, 2017 @ 6:43 am - October 19, 2017

50. “Left-wing journalist Sam Kriss, who boasted online of his feminist credentials and attacked his enemies as misogynist racists, has been forced into issuing an apology after he was accused of repeatedly groping a fellow “Marxist-left” acquaintance while out on a date.”

Another lying pig Progressive. How many are there?

Comment by TnnsNe1 — October 19, 2017 @ 10:35 am - October 19, 2017

51. CrayCray,

Thank you for elucidating. I had not heard/remembered the court case about Ivanka accusing Donald of raping her. It is concerning, though not yet compelling.

Your belief that a culture continues and perpetuates until challenged by diversity is simplistic. I admire that desire for simple answers.

The issue lies in that increasing diversity inside a monolithic culture, such as hollywood, is meaningless in the manner in which a liberal/left/progressive means it, as that diversity is purely reflected in outward differences. Skin color and gender. This would not break up a poisonous, corrupt monoculture, all that you’re advocating for is to change diversity hiring practices inside of a poisonous culture. They’re just going to hire people who are already snakes, or ones that are easy to corrupt. There’s plenty of that in Hollyweird.

To actually change the culture, you’d need to be able to challenge it. There would have to be competition. All cultures need to be challenged and checked. You want to challenge Hollyweird’s culture? Get them to hire people who -think different.- Get new production companies outside of Tinseltown. Stop going to see movies made by the big production companies.

Comment by Aerinyes — October 19, 2017 @ 2:34 pm - October 19, 2017

52. “Stop going to see movies made by the big production companies.”

You will notice there isn’t a SJW sponsored MASSIVE boycott of Hollywood. Wonder why that is?

Simple. Progressives don’t really care if women are assaulted unless the allegations are against a Conservative.

The local Progressive newspaper (and the comments by Progressives) show this to be true. The coverage is lacking and the comments are far and away in the style of CCP and Cas, “Look, Fox and ‘p^ssy grabbing’ are much much much much worse than anything Hollywood men have done. Oh, look, a pretty person!”

Comment by TnnsNe1 — October 19, 2017 @ 3:23 pm - October 19, 2017

53. Hi Ae,

Thanks for the reply. Just so we’re clear, I’ve never once held Hollywood as an example of diversity, especially in the feature film world. In fact, I’ve found it to be unfortunately quite the opposite. Movies today are poor examples of representing the culture racially or gender-wise. And you seem to have rested your argument on the belief that it is an example of diversity (when it’s not). Most of those in power still in Hollywood are overwhelmingly white men.

But, you’re right about the importance of how one spends their money. I’m pretty selective about mainstream, even arthouse films I see in the cinema. I did go see Wonder Woman (which was directed by a woman and quite good), even though I don’t really go to see superhero films. I also paid to see Hell or High Water twice. It was a film about white men, but it was also refreshingly apolitical and depicted working class America in a way we rarely see on the big screen.

Cheers,
    CCP

Comment by CrayCrayPatriot — October 19, 2017 @ 4:01 pm - October 19, 2017

54. Your interpretation of my point is a sign that you did not comprehend what I said, instead choosing to interpret it such that you don’t have to respond substantively.

To clarify.

Hollyweird is a monolithic culture.

Monolithic cultures are not diverse.

Most of hollyweird is run by people from inside that monolithic culture. They happen to mostly be white men. this is a meaningless point. The defining attribute is the culture. Not gender or ethnicity.

Increasing the ‘diversity’ of the monolithic culture by hiring people with differing amounts of melanin or XX chromosomes -will not- change the monolithic culture, because the people that will be hired are -already a part of it.- The female producers in hollyweird are just as much snakes as the men are.

Hopefully this sufficiently clarifies my point.

Comment by Aerinyes — October 19, 2017 @ 4:21 pm - October 19, 2017

55. Hi Ae,

Thanks. It’s a valid point. Diversity doesn’t overhaul a culture. But attitudes are affected by diversity. So, I’ll politely disagree with you at least partially.

Cheers,
    CCP

Comment by CrayCrayPatriot — October 19, 2017 @ 4:49 pm - October 19, 2017

56. “The Directors Guild of America (DGA) will discuss “the very serious issue of sexual harassment in the industry” at its upcoming members meeting Saturday.”

Oh look, that DGA has equated rape with sexual harassment. Cas and CCP applaud!

Comment by TnnsNe1 — October 19, 2017 @ 5:29 pm - October 19, 2017

57. Today i learned that diversity is magic.

The left: more diversity positively affects attitudes!
    Also the left: you dont think in lockstep with us! You’re literally worse than hitler!

Comment by Aerinyes — October 19, 2017 @ 6:46 pm - October 19, 2017

58. Hi Ae,

It’s clear we disagree. It’s okay.

Not sure if you associated this with my comments, but can you make the connection here? Thanks!

Cheers,
    CCP

Comment by CrayCrayPatriot — October 19, 2017 @ 7:56 pm - October 19, 2017

59. My problem with any buzzword fix plan is that buzzword fux plans dont do anything. Its magical thinking. We need to do x; that will solve all our problems! Diversity of skin color and gender does you shit for good if they’re all part of the shitty monoculture you want to change, you just push it under for a while if you’re lucky.

And the reason i wss talking about lockstep thinking is because hollyweird is deeply liberal progressive, and anyone who thinks outside of liveral orthodoxy is persona non grata. For example, see Tim Allen, whose very successful sitcom was cancelled for…low ratings? or something? When it had excellent ratings. Or Salman Rushdie, who recently said something outside liberal orthodoxy about trans kids, and was roundly lambasted for it. See also, left/progressive reactions towards any woma or minority who is conservative or progun.

Comment by Aerinyes — October 20, 2017 @ 1:59 am - October 20, 2017

60. Hi Ae,

Thanks for the reply.

that will solve all our problems

No, again, not a panacea. Not what I’m asserting at all, as I’ve already stated:

Diversity doesn’t overhaul a culture.

Yes and no. I wouldn’t speak in such absolutes. In general, women and men often act differently and bring different perspectives. Also, class origins also factors into a degree.

For example, see Tim Allen

Shows that receive critical acclaim or have healthy ratings do end up on the chopping block from time to time. I understand this series lasted six seasons. I understand Tim Allen felt blindsided. Off the top of my head, very recently, the female lead of Kevin James’ series got axed without warning and replaced by the female lead of his previous series. I remember as a kid, my favourite show, My So Called Life, which was winning awards (and also quite liberal in politics), was abruptly cancelled. These things happen.

I found this article from the U.K. It makes a pretty bold assertion:

Anyone who has conducted a modicum of research into the issues trans people face will know it is already tough to access gender reassignment surgery even as an adult. Money helps, of course. Figures on the number of very young people having gender reassignment surgery each year are also easy to uncover.

The number is zero.

No young people underwent gender reassignment surgery in the UK this year. Or last year. Or the year before that. The worldwide figure – as far as is known – is none at all. The youngest known person to have undergone gender reassignment surgery is the UK’s Jackie Green. She did so at 16 but had to travel abroad for the operation.

That does not mean that the UK does not carry out genital surgery on very young children. Supposedly “corrective” and irreversible procedures are performed on infants with intersex conditions so that they can conform to society’s expectations. That form of surgery is one that is rarely if ever criticised by celebrities.

I know a Christian couple with several children. One of them wasn’t born 100% boy or girl. After a great deal of anguish and thought, they decided to have corrective surgery. Perhaps Rushdie is getting that confused with forced “gender reassignment surgery” on children.

Cheers,
    CCP

Comment by CrayCrayPatriot — October 20, 2017 @ 3:45 am - October 20, 2017

61. See also: puberty blockers, which is I believe what he was referring to.

See also: the guys who originally developed gender reassignment surgery -stopped- performing it because there was no notable increase in positive outcomes.

Comment by Aerinyes — October 20, 2017 @ 4:17 am - October 20, 2017

62. Hi Ae,

The list of notable trans persons is long. It is filled with examples of people leading productive and positive lives, and includes tragedies as well. Some go through with surgical alterations. Some do not.

I imagine it must be similar to someone “on the right” or “conservative” reacting towards any man who considers himself a feminist and/or supports a woman’s right to choose.

Intolerance is on both sides.

: shrug :

Cheers,
    CCP

Comment by CrayCrayPatriot — October 20, 2017 @ 7:15 am - October 20, 2017

63. CCP, I have much much more “trouble” from gay people for being a Conservative than I have for being gay with Conservatives. You need to get out more.

BTW, what steps are you personally taking to try and change the culture of the industry that you are enamored with? Does any of it involve time away from the keyboard? Any marches in front of movie theaters? Media outlets? Radio stations? Fashion shows?

Any volunteer time with women and/or children who have been victims of sexual assault?

Comment by TnnsNe1 — October 20, 2017 @ 2:54 pm - October 20, 2017

64. How is this responsive to puberty blockers/gender reassignment surgery?

Generally speaking, I have not seen any significant number of conservatives, or any significant conservative calling liberal blacks ‘house niggers’ or ‘uncle tom’. Nor have I seen white conservatives ‘taking’ people’s blackness or gender away from them because of their views.

Further, conservatives do not bill themselves as the party of acceptance and tolerance.

Comment by Aerinyes — October 20, 2017 @ 3:34 pm - October 20, 2017